3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
z
zhenia13 24.07.21 04:56 am

Favorite bosses of the 8th generation of consoles (PS4, Xbox One, NSwitch)

QjENMNw.png

Actually the subject. Who does not like cool bosses in games that can give a real battle to the player, provide genuine interest and challenge, cling in terms of history or the world of the game, be bewitchingly beautiful both visually and in terms of soundtrack, and in the end, be simple addictive gameplay, or, which is extremely rare, but still happens - to be all in one set. This generation in this aspect, in my opinion, is definitely not weaving at the end, but, perhaps, even vice versa. This generation gave birth to a magnificent trio of games from Fromov led by Miyazaki - Dark Souls 3, Bloodbourne and Sekiro, each of which has a whole heap of great adversaries for every taste; other Japanese game devs also did not yawn: here is the return of the legendary DMK and Zelda; extraordinary, but so beloved by all Nier Automata and Persona 5; frightening and, at the same time, Ivl Vizin and PE2, who do not let go of them. Absolutely different genres showed themselves, be it a shooter - Doom or Wolfe, or an action-adventure game - GOV, or an indie game where the magnificent Hollow Knight and Cuphead are immediately remembered. In general, there is something to remember.

The topic was not created for the sake of a holivor, but for members of the forum to share their impressions, thoughts, tops and so on, since I think everyone has something to say on this issue)

Modified on June 28, 2019 by zhenia13
26 Comments
Sort by:
G
Good hunter 24.07.21

I really like the boss in the form of ps + for 3899 with poor distribution games. it burns all the time. Miyazaki is so far away : 57a8bd5b86f1c_FROG7:

V
Vlad31 24.07.21

Absalom - Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition

S
Sofia 24.07.21

Ludwig, Maria, Father Gascoigne in bb

maxresdefault.jpg

Divine Dragon in ax

tumblr_pp5tjyItdB1qllvhqo2_500.gif

V
Vzhik 24.07.21

art-% D0% BA% D1% 80% D0% B0% D1% 81% D0% B8% D0% B2

It so happened that I played recently.

M
Mountain View 24.07.21

Zheka got to Bloodbourne karoch  : troll_face_22:

M
Manson 24.07.21

Urizen's Shield from DMC 5 Best Boss of the Generation: 57a8bd5c741d1_FROG11: 

43 minutes ago, Good Hunter said:

I really like the boss in the form of ps + for 3899 with poor distribution games. it burns all the time. Miyazaki is so far away : 57a8bd5b86f1c_FROG7:

Lying psn so the boss fight will be stronger

G
Good hunter 24.07.21

8Sjifs5.jpg

do not pump dexa : troll_face_22:

V
Vegetable 24.07.21

Oh, the boss lovers sect has already organized the topic. 

The best boss of a generation is a wooden robot from Mario Odissi. 

z
zhenia13 24.07.21

2 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Oh, the boss lovers sect has already organized the topic. 

The best boss of a generation is a wooden robot from Mario Odissi. 

Problems? : 57a8bd5db44f9_FROG16:

N
Nonsense 24.07.21

The Miyazaki sect is becoming more active.

E
Echoes 24.07.21

juvlulvipotdfxesrk7w.png

maxresdefault.jpg

cuphead1.jpg

A
Azzy 24.07.21

Favorite bosses of the 8th generation of consoles (PS4, Xbox One, NSwitch)

Watch me read now : troll_face_60:

208? Cb = 20150805113759

Gordea from Contra Anniversary Collection on PlayStation 4

41-FFVIII_13052.jpg

Odin from Final Fantasy VIII Remaster on Xbox One

onimusha-2.jpg? resize = 600,337

Nobunaga Oda from Onimusha: Warlords on Switch

Spoiler

13574128.jpg

Thunderbolt from Horizon Zero Down. The first hunt for him was very well planned. I set traps, prepared the necessary weapons and began to drive them around the prepared places. Even with such preparation, not to say that it was easy, but it was wildly fun and dramatic, especially when you understand that your blanks are working and without preparation he would have crushed you. Yes, then after leveling up such battles become easier, but the very fact of such a well-thought-out and working hunt made me wildly happy throughout the game. Then reinforced opponents appear in the add-on, but all the same, I will not forget that fight.

353182815.jpg

Vicar Amelia of Bloodborne. Many people think this boss is not difficult, but as in the previous case, I have a whole story with this battle. The fact is that I did not immediately find the flamethrower and by that time I had no fire paper at all. Since PS + was not paid for, I could not call someone for help either. As a result, I repeatedly reached the final phase and it quickly unwound me. Then I found a flamethrower and got hold of paper, but the battle didn't get any easier early on. As a result, I spent a lot of time on it, probably passed it for a week and almost quit the game. However, at some point I got so trained that I passed it almost without damage (it hit only once or maybe twice) and using a flamethrower. After that, almost easily reached the end.

maxresdefault.jpg

Oda Nobunaga from Nioh. Not that it’s some super difficult fight, although it’s not easy to call it, but the very context of the fight and its outcome really liked it. Nobunaga is always shown as a terrible villain and demon, but this is one of the few cases when he was portrayed not only as a cruel warrior, but also as a man of honor, with his own principles. I liked it.

ps Perhaps there would be bosses from Sekiro, but I decided not to add them, since I didn't go through this fucking roundabout, and then other games went for review and I abandoned the passage. Now it will be difficult to return to such a harsh game. Maybe then someday I'll finish it off.

H
Humidifier 24.07.21

Ludwig - Bloodborne

Orphan Kos - Bloodborne

Ibraitas - Bloodborne

Misty Noble - Sekiro

Guardian Monkey - Sekiro

The Nameless King - Dark Souls 3

Guardians of the Abyss - Dark Souls 3

Oceiros - Dark Souls 3

In short, there are a lot of them and it is very difficult to choose someone specific. One thing is clear: Miyazaki totally dominates the second generation in a row : frog36:

R
Rolling stone 24.07.21

Phil Spencer is the best boss of the 8th generation of consoles and the reason many people's farts ignited. Organized the return flow and gamepass in the box, released the most powerful console, Microsoft exclusives began to appear on Steam.

Spoiler

But seriously, I can't single out a single boss either in the past or in this generation of consoles. They are simply perceived as strong opponents, nothing more, not causing any wow effect. Didn't play From Software games  

M
Manson 24.07.21

Ludwig, Maria, Herman the First Hunter, Orphan Kosa, Vicar Amelia from BB

Cavalry Angelo, Virgil, King Cerberus from DMK 5
Sae Nijima, Twins, Yaldabaoth from P5

Washing dishes from Anch4

J
Jarl 24.07.21

1. Ludwig (Bloodborne) - the pinnacle of design in a bunch of aspects. For me so far this magnum boss opus of Memozaki bosses

2. Lady Mary (Bloodborne) - albeit simple, but the duel with her is one of the most beautiful moments in games that I have seen in my entire life.

3. Pontiff Sullivan (Dark Souls 3) - for the beauty of the battle and his lore.

4. Darkeater Midir (Dark Souls 3) - for me the best dragon in the series, even cooler than Kalamita.

5. Herman (Bloodborne) - "Tonight Gehrman joins the hunt" - that's enough to say :)

6. Knight slave Gael (Dark Souls 3) - for his indestructible determination, he somehow reminds me of a doomsleer.

7. Father Gascoigne (Bloodborne) - just a cool tough son of a bitch.

8. Judge Gundir (Dark Souls 3) - I like that this is such a prototype of Gg, only who did not have time (in words).

9. Ibraitas The Daughter of the Cosmos (Bloodborne) is the perfect dream of any man.

10. Nameless King (Dark Souls 3) - the intrigue about the firstborn is finally revealed.

I also played other boss games, but only Memozakov's ones really sunk into my heart.

Modified on June 29, 2019 by Jarl

F
Formalin 24.07.21

Ball mario + rabbids phantom

V
Vegetable 24.07.21

I will like all those who show their imagination and remember bosses not from the "roll and hit 1/2/3" series. : 57a8bd5a0af02_FROG1:

Most likely, Buryat will have the best bosses. Your second Buryat will cry bitter tears. 

Modified June 29, 2019 by Vegetable

M
Mountain View 24.07.21

Camera. You can fight it endlessly in games.

: troll_face_22:

G
Good hunter 24.07.21

half-naked busty bald snipers from mgs hiv norms still : 14Hideo:

11 hours ago, Jarl said:

Knight slave Gael (Bloodborne)

: frog32: