3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
J
Joker 28.07.21 01:28 am

Ataribox

eQzt4zyDLKI.jpgfMZxQwec6ho.jpg

Hoxi2IvBfpA.jpg

Atari today unveiled the design of its new game console - the Ataribox

"We will deliver current generation games alongside classics," said Atari

15 Comments
Sort by:
G
Good hunter 28.07.21

looks like a router from asus. well, and the name of course could have come up with a more original idea

J
Joker 28.07.21

I'm more interested in what kind of modern games are we talking about?

Stuck in mobile hardware and stuffed with 3D remakes of their classic games?: troll_face_21:

T
TheVS 28.07.21

Just now, Good Hunter said:

well, and the name of course could have come up with a more original idea

Ataristation would sell better today.

I like the design, it looks more interesting than the current consoles. If it will be a console for full-fledged modern games, then abandoning the drive can be considered an innovation.

m
mokujin 28.07.21

Design approx.

P
Pony slaystation 28.07.21

Judging by the design, this is shit on android with tablet hardware, we disagree. : 57a8bd5e46b2e_FROG18:

G
Good hunter 28.07.21

Just now, Pony Slaystation said:

Judging by the design, this is shit on android with tablet hardware, we disagree. : 57a8bd5e46b2e_FROG18:

with an emulator for old games, most likely still : 57a8bd5e46b2e_FROG18:

T
TheVS 28.07.21

For an android, it is too big, and 4 usb of such a console is most likely not needed.

G
Gaiver 28.07.21

For normal hardware, the case is too small, most likely either it will only pull trash from mobile phones, or, at best, it will be at the switch level, but it is still unclear whether they will release a multiplatform with such power: 57a8bd5f05fbe_FROG21:

Modified on July 17, 2017 by Gaiver

T
TheVS 28.07.21

Why small? If it comes out in the fall or next year, then it can be stuffed with PS4-level hardware, especially since the drive takes up a third of the place in current consoles.

P

There is not a single hole for ventilation in the pictures, I doubt that even a hard disk will be there. The picture with the ports clearly shows how thin it is, a typical android prefix.

T
TheVS 28.07.21

I have an android TV box 6 times less, if not 8.

P

The rear high wall is about three rj-45 ports in height, you can estimate how small it is, and the front is even smaller, if a pack of cigarettes were put next to it, then everything would become clear. In width, it is only long, but this does not help cooling the iron in any way, there is definitely no more powerful filling there than a switch, well, nafig is not needed when there is already the notorious 6 teflops))

B
Beren 28.07.21

It looks, of course, incomparable, but the size is really a problem. 

Too much for ARM, too little for full-fledged hardware. 

The positioning of the console is not clear: old and new games. In general, I doubt that the Atari from the old games can offer anything that might interest a modern player (what cult were they able to release after the crisis?). New games will most likely come from third-party developers who are unlikely to be interested in such a console. 

The most wine variant is, as it seems to me, the miniPC format. Firstly, you can start up the entire library of modern Atari, and secondly, the Steam library may well support the life of such a piece of iron. And there are no competitors, unlike ARM consoles. But this is an unlikely option. 

S
Stepan 28.07.21

The hat will be of the level of Ouya and other shit -: ((

m
musicant 28.07.21

Maybe the atari summoned the powers of the cosmos and they gave them the power of the clouds. you need to wait for the specs: D