3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
O
OkaRin 28.07.21 11:21 pm

Your Favorite Science Fiction Setting Genre in Video Games

We vote! : icon_cool: It would be interesting to see your justification posts! : clever:

Disclaimer: * games in brackets are written for clarity only *

Naturally, if you like a few - also write, write games, opinions, impressions, everything is interesting: agree:!

UPD: Options have been changed + you can vote for a few.

32 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alex gray 28.07.21

> Science Fantasy: Magic +
Technology (Final Fantasy VIII,
Destiny)

But what about Arcanum? There, the theme of the confrontation between magic and technology is perfectly played up.

Voted for post-apocalypse. Modified on March 2, 2014 by Alex Gray

S
ShadowX1989 28.07.21

[member = 'OkaRin'],

I would like to see the rationale for why these games are in the examples?

O
Oops 28.07.21

All of the above Modified on March 2, 2014 by Oops

M
MUKUMUKU 28.07.21

Ohh .. How difficult is it to choose one thing (

H
Hideo 28.07.21

[member = 'Alex Gray'], 

[member = 'OkaRin'], please do so that you can select multiple options.

G
Gefus 28.07.21

It is very difficult to choose, but still more for a fan of pure scientific fantasy 

S
ShadowX1989 28.07.21

And I would have dealt with the answer options better, because there are many subgenres of science fiction, for example, cyberpunk, steampunk and biopunk deserve separate points.

And in general, the first Bioshock is Biopunk, you included it in the retro Steampunk, by the way, in essence, Steampunk is the retro of the 18-19 century, which means that the word retro should be omitted.

So it's not worth voting ...

Modified on March 2, 2014 by ShadowX1989

O
OkaRin 28.07.21

[member = 'OkaRin'],

I would like to see the rationale for why these games are in the examples?

For whom did I write a "disclaimer" when creating a thread? If you want, I can remove the examples altogether.

J
Jordan. 28.07.21

if only not arab sheds

S
SoulGrabber 28.07.21

I love fur, xenogirz.
olso the near future or the present with monsters (parasite willows, daino krayzis, maser) without much emphasis on nanotechnology.

O
OkaRin 28.07.21

[member = 'Alex Gray'], 

[member = 'OkaRin'], please do so that you can select multiple options.

They reproach me for doing this: gigi: but is it worth it?

[member = 'ShadowX1989'], I wrote those that are more or less represented in games. Tse is not a vote on literature.

R
Rokudze 28.07.21

Like more traditional space fiction

C
CyberGhost 28.07.21

Depends on the specific works and the skills of specific authors to reveal a particular topic. However, it is curious that cyberpunk themes, although they relate to science fiction, are becoming quite real, unlike the rest of the directions presented.

Modified on March 2, 2014 by CyberGhost

S
ShadowX1989 28.07.21

[member = 'OkaRin'], 

And Resident Evil, what do you think, steampunk or cyberpunk?

And the old game Sin, this is probably what you think is cosmos ?!

It's all Biopunk ...

N
Naughtydrake 28.07.21

I like Art Deco and the Stalinist Empire style, everything is well represented in Bioshock, but I also like post-apocalypse.

[member = 'OkaRin'], can you add the ability to select up to 2 networks inclusive?

O
OkaRin 28.07.21

[member = 'ShadowX1989'], This is a cyberpunk derivative: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk_derivatives, but okay, what other subgenres do you want?

Instead of buhurt and minus as small, it would be better to write what you still want to see from the options - adding is not a problem, after all.

Biopunk
Military Science Fiction
Space Opera

More? The problem is that as many people, there are so many opinions, classifications today. This is both good and bad.

(including not easy to assess, because, as in any field of knowledge, each has its own attitude to the placement of accents).

So the whole point is in the priorities regarding a particular game, often attributed to several areas at once, after all.

I agree about the examples, and if they mislead you, I will remove the games from the poll.

AP: you can at least single out superheroes separately), not a problem

S
ShadowX1989 28.07.21

[member = 'OkaRin'], 

I didn't put any minuses on you, in the first message only one user gave you a minus "Instead of buhurt and minus like little" are you exactly 24? For you are too critical of one minus. 

Continuation, then why there are Steampunk and Cyberpunk in the vote, Biopunk deserves a separate point, Biopunk and Cyberpunk are similar, both have a crisis, but one is built on the improvement of genes, the other on computer technology.

"it would be better if they wrote what else you want to see from the options" I already wrote, for such a topic you need to approach thoroughly, especially if you decide to arrange a vote.

O
OkaRin 28.07.21

[member = 'NaughtyDrake'], There is only a few options, no restrictions), ok, I'll do it then.

[member = 'ShadowX1989'], OK, now I have presented PE and everything is in place), in Parasitka, too, 

I just want to draw your attention to the fact that the main thing for us is that these features are presented in specific games.

Well, it’s funny to me that they put it at the start post and ran away without explanation, but I’m wondering what’s wrong in the survey.

So what else to add? Now it's normal?

S
ShadowX1989 28.07.21

[member = 'OkaRin'], 

As for me, it is better to combine "punks" into one point and ask the user to write an explanation why this particular point.

And also add the point, all of the above, because there are fans of just all fiction and it is alien to them to give preference to only one subgenre.

In the main message (that is, the first one), tell about science fiction, write about subgenres, write about games worthy of attention for each subgenre. 

A
ACE 28.07.21

I don't quite understand what is the difference between space opera and pure science fiction, voted for both))

Mass Effect and Halo - happycry.gif