3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
r
rambler87 05.08.21 10:48 pm

DIY mods - what would you recommend (Diablo 2)

In the lead up to diablo 2 resurrected, it was noted somewhere that there were a lot of homemade mods and attempts, some more some less interesting.
Honestly, I have not come across any - could you advise something really interesting and original in this regard, which would be a shame to miss?
And if we classify it somehow into graphic, modifying engine, design, toolkit, different depths ...
I saw a couple of screenshots of some mods - to be honest, changing the design, inventory, adding something extra - I didn't like it at all)

By the way, is there, for example, a mod such as: the ability to hire several types of mercenaries (different cities) at the same time or improving the army of the summoner druid? Or mods such as giving the same measure of Act 5 the ability to use a large set of skills of their class and increasing the AI ​​of the measure? Or the shadows of the assassins
14 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sweety_Mustard 05.08.21

There are other games - there are many of them. And there is still a fashion section.

m
magyarorszag 05.08.21

The Fury Within I can advise - quite a good mod

b
bd_sm [TDPG] 05.08.21

rambler87
Personally, I would be offended to miss the action on modoservers with pvp mode.

F
FludoTron 05.08.21

Bunches of firk, play while you play. And so: Path of Diablo and Project Diablo, I think the most is to ride on the network

O
Obsessed 05.08.21

By the way, is there, for example, a mod like
rambler87, Path of Diablo or Project Diablo 2. about both you can look at the streams on twitch.tv (for example aleksandrug), but I managed to find out one thing - the trade site is clearly better on PoD, and there is a mini on PD2 -Tiliport at the palados)

FludoTron, Bunches of Firq - this is the top, ofk! : D

b
bd_sm [TDPG] 05.08.21

I need a merk that carries wigs

r
rambler87 05.08.21

Specifically, no one has met a mod with the possibility of several measurements - where is everything else stored?

r
rambler87 20.08.21

I found information - that there are mods that allow you to summon several golems at a time or a druid to summon several animals at once (both a bear and wolves, probably - by analogy with the necromancer code, does it work?) - this is soft-coding - it's quite simple (as noted) for modders to set im having different parameters and invoke at the same time.
It's difficult to create a few full-fledged measures, since there will be conflicts of multiple inventories ... something like that. Did anyone make mods? Nkudela is more difficult to change the ski schedule or add some new Mobs - it's strange that there is no fashion for such measures
“It's true. Diablo 2 is hardcoded so you can only have one hireling at a time. There was some research shortly after LoD came out into modifying hirelings so they counted as creatures, with a cap of four on field at a time.
This was achieved by modifying unused skills in each of the classes to represent the "summoning" cap for hirelings and activating them in the background, but it was found that you couldn't resurrect the hirelings when they died and you couldn't give them any equipment.

In other words, it's not possible. "

Interesting. Modding like this kind of reminds me, as I read on the old games forum, they tried to russify the game gobliins - when there were problems with the number of characters that should exactly correspond to French) and completely crooked funny translations were obtained

By the way, has stylistically changed the creation of programs? Now a lot of blockiness, modularity, interchangeability - since now wouldn't it be a big problem to add as many measurements and inventories as you like, for example? Since if we take the example of diablo 2, as noted by modders, an attempt to implement such a seemingly simple thing as another measure will lead to a bunch of problems in the code. Then how the same elder scrolls nexus mods and the elder scrolls engine itself (if such a parallel between programs can be drawn so different?) Can do it very simply .... Someone even parsed the diablo 2 code - why is it so simple modularly not to add one more measure or at least make it similar to Valkyries, which are embroidered without inventory, but with randomly generated properties of things on them? I read that there were self-taught programmers, moderators,

r
rambler87 20.08.21

Perhaps the easiest way is to make bots that follow you and play with them as if over a local network) there will be no problems with multiple inventories

S
Sweety_Mustard 20.08.21

rambler87
or play neverwinter 2 / dragonage and other crpg. There, at least the difficulty for such a crowd is calculated - otherwise in d2 for 8 pp in full-party mobs live for a couple of seconds from the moment of detection; D

r
rambler87 20.08.21

Sweety_Mustard
Well, this is if the whole party is in one place) and if in different then a couple of measurements would look good at 8ppl)

r
rambler87 20.08.21

Sweety_Mustard Are
you familiar with mods with the ability to summon all zeros or animals at once?

S
Sweety_Mustard 20.08.21

rambler87 the
problem with most mods is that they are for a single. The only game I tried to play was the underworld. After running through a dungeon dotted with diablo clones that were dying from the aura and dropping anichi, I removed that; D

r
rambler87 20.08.21

Sweety_Mustard
I have a single of norms - and here is one of the searches for this dr with a full zoo)