3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Ragnarok_Magnarok 05.08.21 10:52 pm

The video card in online games does not load 100%

I welcome everyone! Faced such a problem, the video card EXACTLY in online games does not load 100%, I tested it in games such as: Battlefield 1,3,4,5, call of duty warzone, gta online, world of tanks, war thunder, fortnite, battlefront 2 and many others. In all of these games, the video card is loaded by 40-70%, sometimes it shows 80%. Thanks to this, in online games, it shows FPS less than it should be. In games such as: Resident Evil 2 remake, 3 remake, Village, gta 5 (single company), metro exodus, the witcher 3, red dead redemption 2 and in other single games, the video card is loaded as it should, at 100%. The drivers are all updated to the latest version, the processor in combination with the video card is more than sufficient (you will find out the PC configuration below), no overheating was observed on either the video card or the processor. In programs such as AIDA64 and "BUBLIC", the processor and video card passed a long stress test for 20-30 minutes at 100% load, no reboots or crashes were observed. Windows has been updated and reinstalled on more than one occasion. Who knows what may be the reason, or who has come across the same, then please, respond. Thank you very much in advance!!!

MY PC CONFIGURATION:
CPU- intel core i5-10400f
GPU- Gigabyte gtx 1080 (bought in 2018 by me personally)
RAM- 16gb ddr4 2666MHz
26 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sergjiei 05.08.21

Two things come to mind.
1. Check in the above games if vertical sync is activated.
2. Install the program as a msiay-auto banner and activate the processor load diagram, perhaps the performance is limited by the processor.

S
Savok179 05.08.21

And why should the load be 100%? Perhaps half is enough for a number of games. Anyway, everyone has their own idea of ​​FPS. Whatever I write, I will be wrong.

I
IngwardIn 05.08.21

In general, as far as I know, the processor works more online than the video card. Plus, do not forget that the online environment is optimized by reducing the removal of some textures - in other words, the video card has to display more details in the plot, for example, in GTA5: garbage and other trifles. For the sake of interest, I advise you to turn on the memory item of the card and compare how much it is loaded in the same online and plot.
Regarding the fact that the processor cannot cope with rendering textures, it does not take it, but I would also look and compare its load and frequency in online and in the plot.
With regards to Village, not everything is so simple, why with the twisted settings it needs about 12GB of video memory, but on my 2060s it works fine without scaling and the map does not load and does not heat up anymore, like the same rdr, for example, with scaling and 97-99% load.

S
Space Ðœarine 05.08.21

Ragnarok_Magnarok
processor combined with a video card is more than sufficient
For 99% of single games - yes. But for many online games there is not, not enough.

Each game loads the processor, memory subsystem, and video card differently.
In the same BF5, if you want to get the maximum fps that gtx 1080 can give you (in 1080p resolution), you need a percentage of the level 3700x / 8700k and higher. And even with similar chips, the video card will periodically be underloaded at the usual high graphics settings (without msaa x8 and other similar settings).

R
Ragnarok_Magnarok 05.08.21

Sergjiei
As for vertical sync, it is turned off everywhere.
As for msi afterburner, I run each test with this program, the processor in single games loads by 30-80%, depending on the scenes in the games.

R

Savok179
You just understand, my configuration should not produce 45-60 fps in the same battlefield 4, this is almost correct, judging by all the tests I should have a stable fps from 80 to 120.

R

IngwardIn
According to my tests in the same GTA 5, online the video card is loaded at 40-60%, but in the plot at 100%. In the same village, I don't have a drawdown or overheating of components, everything is going perfectly, and the same situation is with RDR 2

M
Marsj 05.08.21

What motherboard?

R

Marsj
MSI MAG B460m Mortar

S
Space Ðœarine 05.08.21

Ragnarok_Magnarok
Well, look, a person with 10400f online even 2060 loads only 60-70% on ultras.
Spoiler
And in the plot you have 100% load on the video card, because there the load on the percentages and memory is much less than online. The video card receives from them more frames for processing per unit of time, respectively, and is loaded more.

M
Marsj 05.08.21

And how many frames do you need in a particular game?
You remove anti-aliasing, shadows, reflections and more, and you play like a true esports player.

S
Space Ðœarine 05.08.21

Ragnarok_Magnarok
Why not appropriate? How much your processor and memory subsystem can give out FPS, so much you get.
If you want more FPS in online games, then either reduce the processor-dependent settings, these are all sorts of visibility ranges, quality and quantity of models and physics. Or buy a more powerful percentage (both mother and memory). With an underloaded video card, it makes little sense to lower the settings that depend on the video card.

R

Marsj
well, I think gtx 1080 shouldn't give out 50 fps in the game of 2014 online

R

Space Marine
Even look, my video card in conjunction with a second generation processor performs better than mine.

S
Space Ðœarine 05.08.21

Ragnarok_Magnarok
You won't see much difference between 10400f and 10700f. In single games, there will be almost no difference at all, in online games it will be microscopic. You need to take exactly 10700k and drive it to Z mother, well, normal memory. Then you will get some tangible increase online. If you think it's worth your money - go ahead.
And as for me, if you have already fallen into the trap of Intel, having initially bought the motherboard B and percent without the K index, then you shouldn't rock the boat anymore. Play with an underloaded video card online, since the performance of the 10400f is not bad anyway. And in singles, twist the graph to the maximum at your 1080.

Even look, my video card in conjunction with a second-generation processor shows itself better than mine.
If you have a problem specifically with BF4, then I remember that it is with this game that there are many problems on modern PCs, you need to google and try everything that they write, there are really a lot of different options. You most likely have such a case, because it should be 180-200 fps, not 60.

.Chiken 05.08.21

Ragnarok_Magnarok
Windows 10th? xD
Install update KB5004296 if it is listed as "optional" in the update center. If not, then it will be part of the update, which should be released on August 10th. Maybe you were unlucky to be included in the list of those who, due to some of the early Windows updates released in March, started to slow down xD games

R

.Chiken is
also possible, I will check, thanks !!

R

Space Marine
okay, what can I say, since I fell into a trap like you said, singles go gorgeous at the ultras, but online you have to play on understated ones, the main thing is that battlefield 2042 was going fine, the rest does not care

R

Thank you all for your feedback and help !!!!

P
POLKOVNIK2005 05.08.21

.Chiken
Ragnarok_Magnarok
Come on, update, let it install the old drivers (466.11) and forget about the problems. Approximate crap I had with the latest drivers when in the AS Odyssey / Origins FPS decreased by 20. Rollback and everything is as it should.