3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dimonchester 05.08.21 11:08 pm

What's in the \ "data \" folder (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

What files are in the "data" folder (preferably skinte photos)?
10 Comments
Sort by:
T
Takao 05.08.21

The data folder contains most of the game files (90% percent): textures, sounds, etc. and it also stores mod files and add-ons.

T
Takao 05.08.21

M
Madno 05.08.21

Dimonchester
There are almost all the files that make up the world in the game, textures, actions, movements, sounds, and mods, respectively, because they affect the structure of the surrounding world.

D
Dimonchester 05.08.21

Thanks. I just need to get rid of unnecessary mods.

D
Dimonchester 05.08.21

Something is wrong, my game does not turn on, and when all the mods are in the folder, it works.

R
RAZIEL_ 05.08.21

Dimonchester
through Wrye Bash cut out unnecessary mods and that's it, it's not necessary to delete it.

D
Dimonchester 05.08.21

No, I need to remove all files associated with mods directly from the "data" folder, and not just disable them.

X
XCAL1BRUH 05.08.21

Dimonchester
Download Nexus Mod manager for the future. You need to be crash-proof when installing mods. NMM copes with the task in an elementary way - installing mods through it allows the manager to save in memory which mods such and such files are responsible for. Thus, deleting crash-forming mods deletes ONLY the files of the selected mod.
If your game has stopped running tightly, and there is no manager, your best option is reinstalling the game. It is unlikely that someone will throw you a screen of a standard Skyrim without mods.
Moreover, there is a great chance that even if you find all the files of the desired mod, it may happen that the game / save will not start due to the lack of the required file, which your mod successfully replaced, and you then deleted it.

D
Dimonchester 05.08.21

You can just drop a photo with the contents of the "data" folder (no mods)

S
Sergo_Mirnii 05.08.21

For some reason I don't have half of the files in the data folder. What to do?