3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SoulGrabber 06.08.21 10:15 pm

Reasoning on 3D and 2D in games

[quote] In Castlevania: Dracula X on PSP, nothing disappears anywhere [/ quote] In
general, it is 2D with 3D effects. And PoP too.
40 Comments
Sort by:
S
SoulGrabber 06.08.21

[b] ACE [/ b],: crazy: Okay, whatever you say :) I went to sleep :)

A
ACE 06.08.21

[b] SoulGrabber [/ b], maybe you thought I was talking about the first two princes. her, I'm talking about a remake on the sands of time engine for 360: gigi:

A
Alf * 06.08.21

I support SoulGrabber =) the three-dimensional engine does not in any way make the game three-dimensional if it is in the spirit of dimensions: agree: you cannot look at the ceiling or at the character who is stuck in the wall and jerks everything strictly leFo right up down: gigi: I'll hit the

head with a control 8) to sleep peacefully (IMHO this is a correct cast)

ign - Genre: 2D Platformer
Gamespot - Genre: 2D Platformer

a
alpix 06.08.21

And my arguments, as usual, are skipped. Well, I'll repeat.

Are the races also 2D? Cars move there only in [b] two [/ b] dimensions.

If I start walking only left and right, will I become two-dimensional?

A
Alf * 06.08.21

Well, it means the same ideas work on ign and Gamespot: gigi:

Yes, if you only walk under the wall of the house and jump on padakonniki :-D

a
alpix 06.08.21

[quote] Well, it means that ign and Gamespot only work with ideas [/ quote] And they had to write in the "genre" column "3D action platformer with 2D game mechanics"? o_O
[quote] Yes, if you only walk under the wall of the house and jump on padakonniki [/ quote] Stupidity said. From this, neither I nor the world around me will become less three-dimensional.

S
SoulGrabber 06.08.21

[b] alpix [/ b] , Blin.Nu you yourself said, and I quote, "a two-dimensional gameplay mechanics" .It is important 2D.Ne what there grafika.Glavnoe process 2deshnyy.I all this says :)
[quote] Are the races also 2D? Cars move there only in two dimensions. [/ quote]
1.There are not 2 measurements. 2.e platformers have nothing to do with races.

A
Alf * 06.08.21

[quote name = "alpix"] [quote] Well, it means that ign and Gamespot have the same idets [/ quote] Did they have to write "3D action platformer with 2D game mechanics" in the genre column? o_O
[quote] Yes, if you only walk under the wall of the house and jump on padakonniki [/ quote] Stupidity said. From this, neither I nor the world around me will become less three-dimensional. [/ Quote]

No, they didn't have to add anything: wink: since they wrote it correctly: D

Well, how to say if you live in a plane and can't get off the line lines, and see only at a distance of the screen :-D well, you can still jump or sit under a bush .. shit 8) then well, he nafig such a matrix: shocked:

A
Alchemiss 06.08.21

[quote] Cars move there only in two dimensions. [/ quote]
Can be in three)
Type of the same trekmania with trampolines and other

o
ok 06.08.21

[b] Alchemiss [/ b], right. Hills and jumps are no longer 2 planes.
Prince of Persia is the very first - 2d. Moving strictly back and forth and up and down + everything is out of scope.
The mechanics of the new prince are identical, that is, as in 2D. The character is three-dimensional, but we cannot see him from any point, the camera is fixed and movement in space is limited. So it's really appropriate to describe "3D action platformer with 2D game mechanics"

a
alpix 06.08.21

[quote] Well, how to say if you live in a plane and you can't get off a straight line, and you can see only at a distance of the screen, well, you can still jump or sit under a bush .. shit [/ quote] Jokes, of course, very funny, but still I repeat once again: neither me nor the surrounding world will make it two-dimensional.
[quote] Damn. Well, you said yourself, I quote "with two-dimensional gameplay mechanics." not about the gameplay. I don't think anyone (neither ACE, nor myself) would argue that Castlevania: DXC or PoP are cheeky mechanically.
[Quote]
They can be in three) Like the same trekmania with trampolining and other things [/ quote] Again, read my previous posts. I'm not talking about races like Trekmania or Motor Storm.
In normal races, cars move back and forth and left and right. These are two dimensions.

D
Dr. Robotnic 06.08.21

Don't you care ?? They all need to be driven into the framework of the classification ...

a
alpix 06.08.21

Yes. Let's better argue for a couple of hundred more pages about what is all the same shit: ps3 or 360? : fight:

S
SoulGrabber 06.08.21

[quote] We're talking about graphics here, not gameplay. I do not think that anyone (or ACE, or I) would argue that Castlevania: DXC or PoP muhmernye mechanics [/ quote].
So ... All yasno.Dalshe conversation bezsmyslenno think :)

D
Dr. Robotnic 06.08.21

[quote] Yes. let's better still argue a couple of hundred pages about what is all the same shit: ps3 or 360? [/ quote]
You sho ?? It's obvious: gigi:

o
ok 06.08.21

[quote] In normal races, cars move back and forth and left and right. These are two dimensions. [/ Quote]
What kind of "ordinary" races are that? Is the GT normal or abnormal? Judging by the fact that separation from the ground is possible there, the second.

V
Victorsson 06.08.21

[b] alpix [/ b], driving up a hill or going down a hill is already moving along the Z axis.

J
Jaspar 06.08.21

you confused me: crazy:: crazy:: crazy:

A
Alf * 06.08.21

Formulas in the studio: D continue the discussion, alpix where does the graphics? or is the genre of the game determined by the graphics? : gigi: oh may bastard .... shit fucking: D continue to burn

K
KKK 06.08.21

DS appeared not for nothing!
2d is not old school, but new school, this is not hardcore this is life, who did not know is resting.
Everything returns to normal. eight)