3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Rupert 06.08.21 11:42 pm

Suicide in games

Autumn, the weather deteriorates, gloomy thoughts prevail, depression sneaks up imperceptibly. In principle, I think that I have a strong psyche, time-tested. Playing with death is also not my strong point. So I ask the suicide club: razz: not to write it down. I was interested in this topic: subject. : upset: Please speak up and give examples. Any manifestation of the aforementioned phenomenon is suitable, only necessarily in games. Otherwise, nothing comes to mind except the ending In water in the 2nd silencer. Let's do a little research, so to speak, on the mania of screenwriters. : upto:

30 Comments
Sort by:
B
BlindGuard 06.08.21

I remember once in the press and in the news "protested" the topic about how several teenagers outplayed in Final Fantasy and ended their lives by suicide: crazy:

http://news.dtf.ru/index.dps?action=vie ... 10 & tpl = prn

http://pravda.ru/main/2001/08/06/30431.html

F
Frost-sama 06.08.21

Sanitarium ... I'm not sure about suicide, but my nerves after this igruhi played pranks> _ <And all the "dark thoughts" climbed into my head ^ _ ^

Eeeh, unrecognized masterpiece ... (nostalgia)

S
Shmu-Hadron 06.08.21

As I understand it, this does not mean the suicides of the players under the influence of games, but the suicides of the heroes of the games.

I don’t remember exactly, but it seems that at the end of Ultima IX Ascension, the main hero committed suicide.

PS: but in general, the topic is not for this section ...

R
Rupert 06.08.21

I also remembered in the final of Starcraft the main protos (I do not remember what was called) committed a noble act of self-sacrifice by sending his Carier to the Overmind of the zerg: fight:. And blew it to the edren hair dryer. The truth here is rather heroism, and not pure uncomplicated suicide from despair. Although it will work too. And that's all, is it really so little? More examples.

K
Kay'L 669 06.08.21

In the game ShadowMan there is Jack the Ripper (the same one) suicide, which he commits at the behest of the Legion (For we are many!) In order to get into the world of the dead and build an Asylum there. Jack later returns to the living world as one of the Five Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

R
Rupert 06.08.21

Hmm, in Tekken Tag Tornament Yoshimitsu, turning his back to the enemy, plunges his sword into his stomach and strings him and the opponent. There are several variations on this rather strange blow. In one of them, with a sword sticking out of his back, he begins to spin, literally chopping the enemy. Full blown away and looks funny. Another of these "manifestations" of the subject, I would like to highlight the special attack of Kimahri from FFX called Self-Destruct, although with her the character (Kimahri) simply leaves the battlefield, but Self is Self, whatever one may say.

R
Rincefire 06.08.21

In "aliens" there was a special button "cyanide" - very useful in the net against aliens with a full life cycle

R
Rupert 06.08.21

In "aliens" there was a special button "cyanide" - very useful in the net against aliens with a full life cycle

I mean, how did you act - just poison yourself or what?

R
Raipper 06.08.21

I also remembered in the final of Starcraft the main protos (I do not remember what was called) committed a noble act of self-sacrifice by sending his Carier to the Overmind of the zerg: fight:. And blew it to the edren hair dryer. The truth here is rather heroism, and not pure uncomplicated suicide from despair. Although it will work too. And that's all, is it really so little? More examples.

His name was Tassadar ... I even cried for the first time: cry:

From suicide games:

Torment: D (one of the endings).

Postal 2

From spoiling the nerves:

Undying

Living dead

R
Rupert 06.08.21

His name was Tassadar ... I even cried for the first time

Yes? And I was much more sorry for Kerrigan. All the same, Tassadar is not a man, although he is noble.

From suicide games:

Torment (one of the endings).

And which one is there? spoiler I remember you could fight an antagonist, talk him out so that he would reunite with Bezypyanny, and something else. Anyway, as a result, we get to Blood War. So suicide does nothing. end of spoiler.

N
North man 06.08.21

I remembered Return to Castle Wolfenstein there is also cyanide, a tablet.

S
Segal 06.08.21

And which one is there? spoiler I remember you could fight an antagonist, talk him out so that he would reunite with Bezypyanny, and something else. Anyway, as a result, we get to Blood War. So suicide does nothing. end of spoiler.

Spoiler alert: There is an option to use the weapon that the golem has collected in the tower and kill itself for good.

R
Rupert 06.08.21

And as a result, that some other video will be shown?

R
Rincefire 06.08.21

I generally play for someone else's, but it really pisses me off when a couple of "spiders" aka Facehugger swoop down on a person, he manages to fill up two of them, and instead of becoming a mother to me :) he drinks cyanide, and I stick in a weak form :(

S
Segal 06.08.21

And as a result that some other video will be shown? I don’t remember exactly - I played for a long time.

R
Rupert 06.08.21

In general, I play for someone else's, but it really pisses me off when a couple of "spiders" aka Facehugger attack a person, he manages to fill up two of them, and instead of becoming a mother to me :) he drinks cyanide, and I stick in a weak form: (Well As I understand it, it makes little sense to use this technique on my own, except in a team game, so as not to expose my comrades.

R
RENAISSANCE KNIGHT 06.08.21

I sometimes commit suicide in Vice City. This is how you jump into the water or from the roof a couple of times and in real life you don't want to repeat this. I personally have enough in the game.

And also, do you know what I do in the IL-2 when the cartridges run out? Right ! Battering ram weapons heroes: fight: : uzi:

K
Kay'L 669 06.08.21

I sometimes commit suicide in Vice City. This is how you jump into the water or from the roof a couple of times and in real life you don't want to repeat this. I personally have enough in the game.

And also, do you know what I do in the IL-2 when the cartridges run out? Right ! Battering ram weapons heroes: fight: : uzi:

In my opinion, this has nothing to do with the topic. The theme of which games suicide is a plot move.

R
Raipper 06.08.21

Like ....: |

D
Deadly 06.08.21

Yes, they will show - There his enemy slowly burns out in parts, and everything Further - credits.