3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DeathColdUA 19.08.21 11:38 pm

Sudden lags freezes in games!

In short, relatively recently, I began to observe such a problem that, after 10 - 15 minutes, the games begin to slow down. And I'm not talking about new games, or newer ones, but even old ones. The same 2005 NFS Most Wanted or Broforce. I played about 10 - 15 minutes and then everything starts to slow down and freeze.

I cleaned the computer yesterday, changed the thermo paste, there was practically no dust inside. The cooling system is working properly. The cooler on the processor is new, it was installed last year. However, I noticed such garbage that the processor in idle heats up to 60 - 70 degrees, and under load up to 80 and sometimes 90. He started to warm up like this only recently. The video card heats up in the region of 49 - 50 degrees, no more. And that's according to Everest Ultimate Edition and Catalyst Control Center. The BIOS shows exactly the same heating of the processor.

After lags and freezes in games, the only thing that helps to get rid of them specifically is restarting the computer, and then not for long, because after returning to the game again, after a while, the same situation begins to be observed in a new way. Why do you need advice on how you can solve this problem?

UPD: As I just found out, two games cause such lags: NFS Most Wanted 2005 and Broforce. With other games, this problem is not observed. Checked with Left 4 Dead 2, Quake 4, Blood Fresh Supply, Punisher The Video Game, and even Brutal Doom.
20 Comments
Sort by:
p
pervosid 19.08.21

look fan, revolutions.

k
kotasha 19.08.21

not the name of the cooler, what kind of paste, guess by the coffee grounds.

D
DeathColdUA 19.08.21

pervosid
Strangely, neither in the BIOS nor in the CPU Speedfan program does it show the rotation speed of the fans.

D
DeathColdUA 19.08.21

kotasha Untitled
cooler. There was a sticker, but I removed it when I cleaned it .. And the KPT-8 paste.

k
kotasha 19.08.21

DeathColdUA The
paste is not very good, better MX4, set the RPM to max in the BIOS, or reset it by default, the fan should turn on the max RPM.

D
DeathColdUA 19.08.21

kotasha
It does not show the RPM of any of the coolers at all. Neither what is on the video card nor what is on the processor. Both are connected correctly. The one from the processor in the CPU Fan and the one from the video card to the Sys Fan. But they work pretty fast too.

M
Marsj 19.08.21

What kind of fasteners does the cooler have? If the latches are the worst fastening, one of the latches may not press the corner.
kotasha
The temperature difference is minimal, if the gap is normal:
Spoilerhttps: //club.dns-shop.ru/blog/t-110-termointerfeisyi/31491-termopastyi-kpt-8-protiv-mh-4-i-zachem-nujna-teploprovodnost /

M
MunchkiN 616 19.08.21

I noticed such a nuisance on my laptop - some processes in the 32 wines folder start to eat a lot of resources, but there are not many in the task manager. but there is a lot of swap file and it slows down a lot because the laptop is on hard. I deleted everything from the wines folder 32 until it slows down.
maybe it's some kind of virus, or maybe it's some kind of bug, because about the same, sometimes the browser did the same with ads if the tabs were opened for several days.
so maybe it slows down PeKa

D
DeathColdUA 19.08.21

Marsj
I don't know how to explain which mounts. I have a motherboard from Gigabyte GA-945PLM-S2. Photos in google and you will know what mounts.

D
DeathColdUA 19.08.21

MunchkiN 616
I never keep my browser open, especially with tabs and even with ads. And after I finish using the browser, I close it. In addition, I do not have ads in the browser and I block it, because you never know. I cannot have viruses, because I live only on verified sites. I don't use the left ones. And the brakes, as I said, come after I play something. At the moment it is either NFS Most Wanted or Broforce. It will be necessary to check how it will be in other games.

M
Marsj 19.08.21

DeathColdUA
By mat. the board can only determine the holes for installing the cooler.
Types of mounting the cooler to the motherboard:
Spoiler https://club.dns-shop.ru/blog/t-105-protsessornyie-kuleryi/28101-kak-ustanovit-kuler-protsessora/

D
DeathColdUA 19.08.21

Marsj
These are the mounts as in this photo:

N
NoneOne2010 19.08.21

This is a bad cooler

D
DeathColdUA 19.08.21

NoneOne2010
Well, it was selected according to the same characteristics as the factory one, which died sometime last year. Therefore, his attachments are exactly the same, only he looks different. And everything worked fine until recently. Maybe because of the heat it overheats, I xs, but it somehow worries me. After all, while I collect money for new pieces of iron, I want to use what I have.

S
Space Ðœarine 19.08.21

DeathColdUA
You have a percentage with a TPP of 130 watts, and you put a piece of aluminum on it, which is dumb to put even on 65-watt drives. At the factory, you most likely had a copper heel, so it somehow worked.
The throttling temperature of your processor is only 70 degrees, after that it drops the frequency and you get lags and freezes. And, for sure, there is either not a single fan in the case, or there is 1 pitiful 80 blown out.
In short, solve problems with cooling your processor. Choose something of the level of Deepcool Gammaxx 300 or 400, for example. They are also enough for future upgrades.
Sys Fan, by the way, is not a video card fan, but a case fan, most likely the same 80 blown: D

S
Space Ðœarine 19.08.21

DeathColdUA
I'm talking about the factory (boxed) processor cooler, according to the characteristics of which you selected a new one, as you yourself wrote above. The box had a copper penny and a core, and the new one is just a piece of aluminum.

DeathColdUA wrote:
earlier the temperature was within
1 - year heat. 2 - it is not clear what is smeared on your processor instead of thermal paste. And it is incomprehensible that in the heat it turns into dry dust and ceases to effectively transfer heat.

DeathColdUA wrote:
I have 4 coolers in my computer
Yeah, and of them only 1 corpus, as I wrote above. You have a 130-watt stove inside your system unit trying to cool itself with air, which it heated itself. You need normal air circulation through your entire body so that heated air comes out and cool air comes in. To do this, you need to add at least 1 (or preferably 2) fan on the front side, which will take air from the outside and blow it into the case.
Although this will not help if you do not remove this feces from the processor and put a normal tower in its place. And you can't smear normal thermal paste, and not these mammoth feces.

S
Space Ðœarine 19.08.21

DeathColdUA wrote:
Mmm, what kind of "experts" we are. Come on, "expert", then advise what exactly to bet. I'm listening to you
Under bukhic or what?
They wrote the same.
kotasha wrote:
Pasta is not very good, better MX4
Space Marine wrote:
Choose something of the level of Deepcool Gammaxx 300 or 400, for example.

k
kotasha 19.08.21

Chel just wants candy from a cheap, only this does not happen.

l
left_foot_in_mayonnaise 19.08.21

DeathColdUA
Clean the CPU cooler heatsink. Take off the propeller and clean. Blow it out. The paste has nothing to do with it, if the application is correct. and run for a start in Aida the percentage test. Plus, see the cooler valve turnover in the same place.
Z. Y. In the same place, see the power supply on the 12v line

A
Angry fairies 19.08.21

left_nock_in_mayonnaise
Yes, now he will blow on the cooler and his temperature will drop from 90 to acceptable for his processor 60 XD
No shit cooler, nothing to do with shit, you just need to blow on the cooler.
Although, judging by what he writes, he has already blown and more than once XD