3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
AJIEHA 19.08.21 11:48 pm

Convoy Mode FAQ (Euro Truck Simulator 2)

In our latest update 1.41 for Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator, we introduced Convoy! Convoy is a new multiplayer game mode where players can set up and run their own private sessions (optionally with a password) to drive with their friends or other truckers. Thanks to the synchronized AI traffic, time and weather, and the ability to do the same work as other players, many of you have enjoyed sharing flights.However

, we know that many of you still have questions about Convoy, which is why we are publishing this post. in the blog with answers to the most frequently asked questions on our social networks.

Will the maximum player limit be increased?

In the end, yes. Convoy currently allows you to create and host online sessions with up to 8 players. We expect to be able to raise the player limit in the future, however we are currently keeping it small due to work in progress. Important performance optimizations are under development, as well as improved moderation tools that we would like to use first before increasing the limit.

Will Convoy support mods?

In the end, yes. We are investigating the possibility of supporting third-party modifications in Convoy multiplayer sessions. While it is not technically difficult to connect players with the same mod set, there are many potential issues to be addressed when it comes to developing a safe and reliable way to sync the sessions of players who join different mods and then back again. when they want to return to a previous state to continue playing with their normal player profile.

How do I add someone I enjoy driving with as a friend?

You can add someone you've recently played Convoy with through the Steam client or overlay. Just click on the browse tab (or browse the players in the Steam overlay), then on the players. This will open a list of players you recently played with and a link to their profiles.

Another alternative way to add them is to ask for their Steam friend code, which will make it easy for you to add them! Just open your friends list and click the Add Friend button located on the right side of the top bar. You will be taken to a page that will show your unique friend code and a place to enter the code of another person who will send them a friend request!

I do not see a session hosted by my friend.

Make sure you are friends on Steam, you both have the latest version of the game up to date, and that you are all online in your Steam Friends list.

A possible reason you might not see a session hosted by a friend is because you can only see sessions hosted in the same region as you. This means that you will not be able to see a friend's session if they live very far away from you. To join a remote friend's session, you may need to change the Steam download region to match their region, allowing you to view sessions hosted in that region. To do this, follow this handy guide!

If you know your friend's session name, you can find the session globally using the search bar located above the list of sessions. This should bring up your friend's session regardless of their region. Make sure you look for the session name exactly as it is written, including any symbols, numbers, punctuation marks, and abbreviations.

Also, you won't be able to see full sessions.

Dedicated servers, can we host them?

There is no way to host a dedicated server yet, but we plan to provide one in the future.

What about DLC for maps, do all players need the same ones ?!

No! Players don't need to have any DLC in order to join Convoy's multiplayer mode. However, remember that you will not be able to see or travel around areas of the DLC map unless you own them yourself.

Can I turn off other players' name tags?

Yes! You can use the default "Z" hotkey to enable or disable name tags in Convoy! If you want to change this hotkey, you can do so in the options of the main menu. It even works when using a photo studio to take a group photo together!

Is there a speed limit in convoy mode?

Convoy sessions have the option to set a default rate limit for the entire session. However, hosts have the option to turn this off if they so desire. In this case, the speed limiter will match your local settings. Just remember that World of Trucks contracts provide a rate limit for all jobs, regardless of the setting set by the host.

Do I need to download the Convoy update if I don't plan on playing it?

Convoy is a game feature available since version 1.41, it is not a separate update line. Of course, it is entirely up to you whether you use this feature or not.

There may be good reasons for players to stay on an older version of the game, perhaps temporarily, until a mod is important to them, and for this reason we provide branches of important previous updates to our games on Steam. By default, Steam updates games automatically, so you can opt out of these automatic updates if you are concerned about it. Please note, however, that all future updates for both Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator will include the multiplayer Convoy feature. This means that if you do not plan to upgrade, you will not receive any additional updates, content or fixes, and that version 1.40 will be your last stop.

If you want to use and play Convoy's multiplayer mode, you MUST be on the latest version of the game (1.41 or higher).

I'm constantly having problems with FPS only in Convoy mode.

Convoy's multiplayer mode is more demanding than the single-player mode because it displays more player trucks. Because of this, a drop in frames per second (FPS) is normal. However, if your FPS values ​​are suspiciously low, please contact our support team by email at [email protected] with a detailed description of your problem.

Our programmers are pursuing several lines of optimization to improve performance in general, as well as in the context of a multiplayer game, but several more game updates may be required until these code improvements are ready.

Should the session end if the receiving player leaves?

Yes, as soon as the session host leaves, the server will be shut down and this will disconnect all players from the server. If this happens unexpectedly, do not panic, as you will be greeted with options to continue the progress you made in the session, or return it if you wish (for reasons such as loss of game currency, damage, or other reasons for progress).

Note that if you accept the progress, you will remain where you were after the session ended, effectively returning to single-player mode. From there, you can create a new session again and continue with the same or a different group of people if you like.

How can I unblock someone I have banned from a Convoy session?

If you want to unblock players, you need to go to the “profiles” folder in the corresponding ATS / ETS2 folders in the documents, select the exact profile in which the ban occurred, and find a text file called “banlist”. Open the file in a text editor and remove the banned user line. After that, you will have to restart your Convoy session.

Convoy is a form of peer-to-peer gaming?

Although Convoy sessions are hosted by the players themselves, one player always acts as a server and therefore acts as a crossroads for other players. Everyone else eventually contacts that particular server. In particular, this is the usual client-server interaction scheme, in which all clients have authority over certain objects.

-------

We hope this answers most of our community's most frequently asked questions about Convoy! We love to see you drive and do everything together and we hope to see more of your photos and video content shared with us on our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). Happy shipping!
0 Comments
Sort by: