3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
O
OlegWTF 19.08.21 11:54 pm

Periodic freezes in Red dead Redemtion 2 on good hardware (Red Dead Redemption 2)

Help solve the puzzle. I play one of my favorite games, Red dead Redemtion 2, in general everything is going smoothly, I still locked it at 60 frames. All is good, but sometimes the game is interrupted by rare friezes that can drop to 25 points for 1 second. It happens like this: once every 10-15 minutes, and maybe more often, moreover, in random locations. For example, in Saint-Denis (vertical is disabled) it gives 75-80 fps, but something is happening and a sharp drawdown. I play wqhd on high-ultra. Drawdown resolution does not affect, I did tests. As for the hardware itself, my mother is MSI b450 gaming plus max, 3600 risen, RAM 2x8 crucial balistics sport (overclocked to 3733, latency 68.7), 3070ti video card (firing). The temperatures are all normal, the percentage is heated 60-65 degrees, the video card is 68-70. Map loading - 90-100%,
8 Comments
Sort by:
I
IngwardIn 19.08.21

OlegWTF
I also froze, perhaps this is due to the transition to another location and its subsequent loading ... it was rarely manifested, it beat on perfectionism, but the gameplay did not interfere, if the situation is similar, then I think you should not pay attention.

On the other hand, freezes can be a direct consequence of a crookedly overclocked memory. I may be wrong, but in my opinion latency is 68.7 - for 3733MHz on the 3600 rise - a bit too much. It is worth correcting the timings based on the latency result ~ 63-64.
To make sure of this fact, I suggest dropping the RAM to the XMP profile. If the friezes pass or will be much less frequent, it means a trouble with overclocking and timings.

O
OlegWTF 19.08.21

IngwardIn
Thanks for the answer)
With the usual hmp stock 3200, the latency was 89.7 and friezes, it seems to me, were even more frequent, but maybe my self-hypnosis speaks in me. In any case, I wanted to find out if I was alone in this problem or if someone on the iron norms also had similar problems. I think maybe the percentages are still weak for such a resolution, but for sure it will be possible to find out only after I can lay out 30+ k, but so far I don't really want to do this. There are no such problems with other games, everything works fine

I
IngwardIn 19.08.21

OlegWTF
My hardware is weaker. 3300X and 2060super and 3555 memory works.
If you believe people from the Internet, then rare friezes, when going to locations, downloading something, even on good hardware, is in the order of things.
OlegWTF wrote:
With the usual hmp stock 3200, the latency was 89.7
I may not understand something and may well be wrong, but in my opinion latency - 89 at 3200 for 3600 is a lot. T.K. I had about 75 latency on 3300x at 3200, and 69.7 on 3555 with tuned timings.
I heard that the ryzeny are picky about RAM, they say it needs to be selected, and if not, then set up. I myself have not come across this, so I cannot provide specific guidelines for action.

I found this video in which I heard it)) The girl had a problem with RAM on the ryzene 2600, by the way the dies are the same! Maybe some information will be useful.
Spoiler

K
KENIG_39 19.08.21

I will share my experience, if it is so important ...... I played it with memory 8 gig a little, I put 16 all the ditch but freezes, but when I switched to 24 the friezes disappeared, but I played it for another an old computer, I will say this .... the game for some reason wants more RAM, but at the same time it does not clog it all, and you also play in WQHD HIGH-ultra resolution, your vidyuha simply cannot drag this game in this quality and resolution, on From my own experience I can say that I also drove the operative to this game and she doesn't care, give her a volume ..... advice ,, .... increase your memory, I still think it will come in handy soon

O
OlegWTF 19.08.21

IngwardIn
IngwardIn wrote:
I heard that ryzeny are picky about RAM, they say it needs to be selected, and if not, then set up. I myself have not come across this, so I cannot provide specific guidelines for action.
Yes, this is a lot, I dealt with this issue myself, they say latency up to 70 ns on risen. Thank you for the
vidos ) I 'll see ) KENIG_39 Xs, maybe it's in her, but it seems to me that the bottleneck is the processor. How do you start to figure out the question takes more of a philosophical turn) At the expense of vidyuhi I do not agree, on tests in 2k it gives out under 100 fps, how can it not pull in stable 60 frames?

K
KENIG_39 19.08.21

OlegWTF
drew attention to the wrong comment (he has a 2060 card), I think it's hardly a matter of your process, he should cope, I think the problem is more in RAM, there is no point in driving memory, because of a miserable couple of percent, but in the end you pull what you have , maybe it just does not work stably?!?!? !!!!! the game itself on the SSD? is installed?

A
AtamanM 19.08.21

I started freezing after a patch with dlss. Before the patch, I did not have friezes, now with DLSS or without freezes for 1 sec.

X
X_ray_83 19.08.21

There is no Patriot fast memory on the pirate of friezes!