3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Merk7 20.08.21 12:00 am

Crashes after an introductory cutscene in the game. (The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings)

Flies out after the video where Leto kills the king on the ship. It crashes without any error, just to the desktop. Game version 3.4.4.1, repack from RG_Catalyst., All DLCs are installed.
20 Comments
Sort by:
m
monarch and me 20.08.21

Merk7, iron norms? Operative and percent pull?

M
Merk7 20.08.21

monarch and me
Everything worked fine until chapter 2, nothing lagged. Later, it suddenly flew out of the game and now I can't go in at all.

M
Merk7 20.08.21

Monarch and I
Processor AMD Athlon (tm) II X4 630 Processor 2.80 GHz
RAM 4 GB
GeForce GTX 650 Ti

m
monarch and me 20.08.21

Merk7, try to pump the repack. Download the gold edition. Or wait for someone else to answer.
Iron seems to be normal for you. On the forums, they write on this issue, they say you need a gog.

M
Merk7 20.08.21

Monarch and I
Repack from Catalyst is the second in a row already. The first one was from Fenixx, and the flights started on it.

m
monarch and me 20.08.21

Merk7, then xs, there can be a lot of versions here, I can’t help, sorry. All I would do, for a start, would be to download a gold edition, try to install different patches, including unofficial ones, and then I would look further.

M
Merk7 20.08.21

Monarch and I
Thanks for the advice.

M
Merk7 20.08.21

Monarch and I
Is there a gold edition of The Witcher 2 at all? Only the extended saw.

m
monarch and me 20.08.21

Merk7, yes, exactly, stepped) In general, look for patches, put whatever you find. And download GOG, many places write that gog eliminates the problem of crashes after videos.

M
Merk7 20.08.21

monarch and me
Thank you)

M
Merk7 20.08.21

I tried 2 more other repacks, all unchanged (The second one downloaded GOG, it did not help (

r
redfox2013 20.08.21

until you clean out the registry and turn off the antivirus that is eating the pill, you will get a crash

M
Merk7 20.08.21

redfox2013
Departures appeared in Chapter 2, the antivirus has definitely nothing to do with it.

m
monarch and me 20.08.21

Merk7, try to put everything on the lower ones, you will pass mb. It seems to me that crashes without any error are a config problem. Increase the swap file as well, since you obviously don't have enough operatives for this game (if you want to cut into the Witcher 3, then throw at least 2GB of operatives, but it's better to update at all). As an option, measure the temperature of the processor and the video card, it is possible that they overheat a lot, that's why it can knock out of the game.
There may also be something with preservation, in which case, just start over again or download others.
Knocks out only from the Witcher2, or from some other games?

M
Merk7 20.08.21

monarch and me
Only from The Witcher 2. The temperature should be all normal. Before that, I went through 4 times, and everything was always fine.

M
Merk7 20.08.21

I put everything on low - it did not help. I pulled out the saves from the save folder - everything worked. Problem solved!

m
monarch and me 20.08.21

Merk7, here it is the problem, there was, where they did not expect to see)

M
Merk7 20.08.21

monarch and me
:)

P
Pendel 20.08.21

It also crashes for me
But nothing helps: (((

A
Alveria 20.08.21

Quote - Merk7: << I put everything low - it didn’t help. I pulled out the saves from the save folder - everything worked. The problem is solved! >>
I remember that with one other game it was ... I also cleaned the save folder - everything went well.