3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Doublecheese 20.08.21 12:00 am

Which character did you choose and why? (Dead Island: Riptide)

When I started playing, I chose Xian Mei, she has too strong blows, especially if you pump up to about 30 lvl for a fight, she finally became immortal for me, and when she swung up to 70 and found the katana (her damage was 4100 + on electro), there was no equal (he was dying current when the screamer came out) but the screamer is half the trouble when you cut in the ability, then the zombies just become stuffing and the tank finally dies with a bang.
ps died only 5-6 times.
15 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pomu4 20.08.21

Bad modification) better "Scorpion" x4 modification for poison + abilities to strengthen it.
And so John went - average damage (2.3k on brass knuckles and claws) and very tenacious (heal for crits) + rage that hits everyone around + his general rage, which gives tangible bonuses
Parn, well, this is a new "damage star" in riptide ... A pistol with 8k damage, a shotgun with 12k damage, a rifle with 16k damage. Her ability "Trample Shot" (gives a 30% chance to pierce through the enemy), if triggered by a shotgun, then kills any enemy (bosses are no exception) with one hit. I didn't like her rage. Well, in close combat, he waves a wakizashi / katana well with the "Scorpion" mod

D
Doublecheese 20.08.21

Pomu4
I have an assault rifle 72k damage and a fraction of 82k damage xD I don’t know I played for John at first I didn’t like it) I chose electro I just like it xD

T
The punk 20.08.21

I chose Xian, since it was possible to transfer this character from 1 part. In addition, in the first part, Xian seemed to me the most powerful character. I don't know what they say about Purnu in Riptide. In any case, she is a master in close combat.

S
SteveG8 20.08.21

Logan.
The cast is a corpse.

D
D.Artist 20.08.21

I play for Logan as in the original, but I want to play for Sam and play for John.

A
AxelV777 20.08.21

I'm playing for John. I kick back enemies with a running kick and use an uppercut. One-shot almost everyone. John is a mixture of Wolverine and Chuck Norris. If you pump into battle and survival, then the best critic of all. Only one minus is close combat. However, the "kick-hit-finish" tactic works with a bang even with bosses.

W
Wasilisq 20.08.21

I started playing as John, got to level 40 and ... lost interest. John became practically immortal. Crits fly so often that almost every 2 hit heals. besides, punches with hands can be inflicted a lot and very quickly compared to chopping and even more so blunt weapons. In short, it's too easy to play this Persian. Easily knocks down "named" bosses without turning on rage. And the point is to play with such a Persian? Where is the overcoming of difficulties? Although for newbies, this is the best character. You can easily run the game
Xian, on the other hand, seemed like a weak Persian. She cuts well, but she has very little life. Three hits and her kapets, and it is not always possible to be treated with a first-aid kit when several monsters attack. You will begin to be treated and then you will receive a finishing flop. Interestingly, in the first part of the game, she was the most powerful character. However, in Riptide, the development has very noticeably increased the number of monsters, which are often pulled up to you in whole packs from different sides, almost a kilometer away. And then Xian's weakness in terms of life and treatment came to the fore. Single, well, 2-3 monsters, she knocks any expensive, just into cabbage. But if there are more corpses, problems begin. Chopping weapons do not repulse enemies and they push in a bunch from different sides, several blows that have passed - and you will not heal in the crowd - and Xian kaput
The most interesting Persians IMHO:
Logan, who is essentially a jack of all trades and has many versatile useful abilities, for example, treatment with vodka + drunken master. The only thing is that for some reason alcohol cannot be put into the weapon selection wheel and there is no special button for using it. It is inconvenient to climb into the inventory every time to sip whiskey
Sam B. He has a huge variety of blunt weapons on his side, affecting the enemy in very different ways. Various ways to use it. For example, I was pleased with the new weapon "Stick" - in fact, a metal pole, which in close combat can be threshed almost like fists, and a little moving away herach them like Bo. Yes, plus various stitching gadgets, electric, etc. With the appropriate pumping and with the right weapon, the corpses fly off in all directions) On the one hand, a strong character, and on the other hand, is not at all immortal, like John or Logan, which gives additional interest

D
DiLouk 20.08.21

For John, because he is a newbie :)

I
Infiltratоr 20.08.21

Logan tossed.

F
Fire-X 20.08.21

Sam B with a bone breaker and Shin mei, I play alternately, both made me wonder

Z
Zombieller 20.08.21

Xian Mei, because the massacre!

n
nikita2112 20.08.21

Played for John, a new Persian after all. True, he used mainly cutting weapons, in the end he also used a firearm (a shotgun blows the heads off with a bang). I would not say that he is very tenacious. If 2 fast zombies attack, they can easily overwhelm, especially if the stamina has been used up before, or the screamer is nearby. And it also happened that some zombie would throw a knife and fill it up right away, even with full health.

A
Amber_LOL 20.08.21

Logan 70lvl and all at once

Y
Yein 20.08.21

Passed both parts for Logan, a very strong character in revealing his strengths, i.e. high regeneration and increased damage from booze, max stamina + 45% decrease in its consumption when using one-handed weapons and, equal to Steam, Logan has very effective rage. With all these advantages, with a pumped machete and a katana upgraded to poison, it makes no sense who will trample against Logan, be it a crowd, Battering ram, Drowned man, Thug, the result is one: they are all finished.

D
DeDSeC_HG 03.09.22

Xian Mei and Purna Jackson Only womans.