3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
InboxM 04.11.19 03:22 am

Question on the CPU cooler

Put the cooler to my CPU with a 3pin fan, stuck it in the 4 pin connector.
The fan now constantly runs at max. speed 2200/min about, no matter the CPU load or not.
The fact is that in the Bios, did you manually reguliruetsya momentum. The old fan was 4 pin connector, everything was regulated automatically.
How can protetant fan if postoyanno so it will spin at 2200 rpm?
12 Comments
Sort by:
L
Luka_gg 04.11.19

InboxM
I had a similar issue. There is still no adapters?
3 pin connector, as I recall, it's 12 volts / 7 volts and of course -.
It is necessary to regulate voltage. Total go to the section of the speed control of the cooler and needs to be set to DC (via a voltage) and to set the schedule.
In General you can switch the fan into a normal connector on the motherboard System FAN.
Here:
InboxM wrote:
How can protetant fan if postoyanno so will twist
The fan always expendable. Hours of operation specified by the manufacturer in the specification. It still depends on design and even temperatures. Typically for hydrodynamic bearing manufacturer draws a number from 50 thousand hours (5.7 years). This figure can be from 5 thousand hours easily, with worse conditions.
Google in short, to philosophize will not only know in General, and never bother, it makes no sense. Lay - throw, new put.
You have at least a year warranty on the cooler, or in the worst case 6 months.

M
MunchkiN 616 04.11.19

How can protetant fan if postoyanno so it will spin at 2200 rpm?
if it does not vibrate and is well balanced in General, it is very debt
and what about the processor I do not quite understand. I edokov for example, a cooler for the CPU 4-pin stuck to the left 3 pin so he happily hummed at full speed and Vice versa do not know how it is Tama like resistance at the 4 pin side and pin 3 current is the tachometer and it is controlled by voltage from
hence there is in the BIOS you can not understand how to rearrange the control voltages. I couple a saw setup but I by itself, this topic is not very interesting. here

I
InboxM 04.11.19

VOVAN WOLF
MunchkiN 616
Thanks for the replies, but I have in the BIOS settings unfortunately do not have.

L
Luka_gg 04.11.19

InboxM
What kind of fee though? BIOS?
And yet, reminiscent. Switch can still be in the system connector for fan (for hull) and configure should succeed.

I
InboxM 04.11.19

VOVAN WOLF
Not the point that mom and BIOS. I have all the cooler automatically gaining momentum, with increasing temperature.
The switch will do nothing, it's 3 pin, they are not automatically reguliruetsya will always spin at max rpm

R
Ryazancev 04.11.19

InboxM
There is a fan control (BUT EXPENSIVE), from Deepcool for example there is such garbage and its analogues
(look at ALI and AVITO) . The first connector is necessary to plug 4 pin to any 3-pin.
Spoiler
Usually cheap fans on the sliding bearing (bushing) are not many as lucky (from one to 5).
But if firmovyi valves with balls is two range from 30,000 to 200,000 hours. But they are a bit more noisy initially, compared to the new coaster.
https://www.nix.ru/computer_hardware_news/hardware_news_viewer.html?id=188405
100% of all possible handles to set in the BIOS! Can not be that in the new budget Mamma no management functions on 3 pins. Just change the mode to DC. Although we have to z370 from ASUS this trick rolls.
I recently I prog SpeedFan, but it must be carefully set. It will help you if you give fret.
And 100% is bad for the mother, where you can control the turntables.

L
Luka_gg 04.11.19

InboxM
I told You that the System FAN is 3 pin and is controlled by a voltage. We are trying to connect.
And of course Ryazancev said case, via the voltage will adjust then using a fan controller if all the sadness.

I
InboxM 04.11.19

VOVAN WOLF
Let me try again, where to connect?
As I understand, Cpu Fan is 12v so the valve turns on the whole?

L
Luka_gg 04.11.19

InboxM
InboxM wrote:
Let me try again, where to connect?
Sys_Fan, you can try. There are often 3 pin fans can be connected.
Spoiler
InboxM wrote:
As I understand, Cpu Fan is 12v so the valve turns on the whole?
All fans are 12 Volts, and connectors including. The difference in speed control, 3 pin voltage. 4 pin optional wire to fan controller to change speed.

I
InboxM 04.11.19

VOVAN WOLF
I don't have any 3 pin connectors on the mother). And it doesn't matter. It originally was about how long the valve on the cooler, if postoian to plow max. rpm. Then as luck most likely.

P
Posledovatel Perelmana 04.11.19

well here is a plus , at max rpm will be less to bask percent
it is better to replace the cooler than the percent as well
only downside to that is increased noise

v
vitalik76 04.11.19

If the author of the computer rumbles so that even the noise of the fan working at maximum speed, it doesn't, then you can do nothing. The fan will last a long time, well, just until the next upgrade make it. If percent is not strongly heated, it is possible the fan control to permanently reduce the speed. But I honestly don't see what the problem is to buy a 4 pin fan? They're pennies worth.

PS And motherboard really are so stupid that do not know how to adjust the speed when connecting a 3-pin connector. For example, on my desktop PC I motherboard. She even 4-pin fan allows you to adjust the speed in Windows only via a program, and through the BIOS a no-no.