3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
c
chel_chelovekov 20.08.21 12:07 am

Old games work badly

A strange thing happens to the computer: old games work badly. Empirically, I found out that this only happens with games of the ps3 and xbox360 era. That is, games from the times of ps2, as well as games released on ps4 and xbox van, work fine. Especially funny is the situation with the tomb raider legend, without the content of the next generation the game behaves perfectly, as soon as I put the corresponding checkbox in the settings, then lags and freezes immediately begin. I tried different methods of solving the problem: I turned off mts, limited the number of working processor cores from 6 to 4, 3, 2, turned off the turbo boost - none of this helped. There was no manual overclocking. The load on the video card during the game reaches 100%, at these moments freezes occur. My computer:
Processor - ryzen 5 2600, motherboard - asus prime b450m-k, video card - rx 580 8 gb, RAM - 16 GB, ddr4.
6 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pavel rally 20.08.21

chel_chelovekov
What do you want from us? Better to deal with each game individually, has Tomb Raider: Legend been updated to version 1.2? You can open additional graphics settings by adding "ExtendedDialog" = dword: 00000001 to the registry and adding -config to the shortcut.
You need to find some regularity, games on DirectX 9 lag, 32-bit games lag, games with PhysX lag.

Try different drivers, do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 (20H2) or Windows 10 LTSB, buy an Nvidia graphics card.

r
requiemmm 20.08.21

Build an old car for old games, with drivers from those years. From the point of view of the manufacturer of hardware and drivers, oldgaming should not exist at all, like "eat fresh what they give", so there is no talk of any optimization of drivers and OS, it never even occurred to anyone to check the performance of old games on them.
So each game should be disassembled individually, and then about a fifth of them, in one way or another, bugs on systems younger than XP, and at one time some of the games, in principle, did not work on Invidia cards. Forums of those years are bursting with posts like "how to make this shit work on a giraffe, I have a black screen, artifacts and friezes!"

N
Nervios 20.08.21

One old game worked smartly on a dual-nuclear Intel process, updated the computer on the fx-6300, and began to slow down terribly. So food for thought.

X
X_ray_83 20.08.21

Nervios
Every year they cut out unnecessary instructions that were used in old prots! The one that everything is possible)))

X
X_ray_83 20.08.21

chel_chelovekov
Due to DirectX 9.0 there were problems in AMD Radeon drivers with support for old games!

I
Ixiot 20.08.21

It remains to look for repacks of these games optimized for the new hardware. So Kotor stopped starting in my Steam. I began to look for repacks, mostly they lagged me and. Until I found a repack that works smartly on modern systems.