3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
KingNarik 28.08.21 12:00 am

Game Impression (Road 96)

So, the game has been completed once, it's time to share your impressions.
Disgusting faces. Already standard for this class of games, ugly angular graphics are greatly aggravated by the faces of third-rate characters. They are all male, all the same and all as one just ugly. Not that the faces of the main characters shone with outstanding features, but they did at least a little work on them.
Music, so much music ... It can be collected in the form of collectible cassettes and listened to on every tape recorder that comes along. Such an exciting activity that I spent in the game for a total of ... 10 seconds! Since the game is not something dynamic, straining and trembling nerves, then the thought "oh, I'll relax, rest, listen to the tape" never arose.
The uniqueness, and, here it is necessary to pay tribute, this approach will really make the game stand out from similar ones, lies in the fleetingness of the playable characters. Their stories are only a small part of the game, which allows you to slightly reveal the storytelling of the main characters. It's cool and fresh, although at first it causes a fair embarrassment and a bunch of questions "who am I?", "Why me?", "What's wrong with me?" But then everything falls into place, and you start to get pleasure from the game.
There is very little humor in the game. The political orientation creates a very gloomy, oppressive and generally gray-hazy atmosphere. People die, end up in some terrible places, where they know what happens to them, but the soul-trembling thriller also did not work out. All creepy events are perceived not with the black viscosity of horror, not with the scorching decisiveness of the action, but with the gray muddy phlegmatism of a leisurely mediocre adventure.
Nothing exciting. Nothing fancy. But! The stories of the characters (not the ones that are playable) are pretty interesting. I want to know these stories, I want to finish. Which, probably, keeps in the game until the end. And here it is worth describing the biggest minus for me Roads 96. Not all stories come to 100% completion at the end of the game! Yo-mayo! The game immediately offers a New Game +, where you can find out the endings of everything you have finished, but I don't want to play the game again! I'm not interested in doing it again. And may there be more new content, may there be the endings of the stories that interest me, even if I can influence the ending and see a different version of it ... I hate when the game forces itself to replay. What, it was impossible to take and stuff everything in one playthrough? Seriously? There is also a little left. 2-3 trips by consumable characters.
Replayability is good, it's always a plus. But, as I already wrote, there is nothing amazing and delightful in the game. And in the end, instead of complete satisfaction and good impressions, you get a handful of sad disappointment that for 100% of storylines you need to play again. No. This is not a plus, this is a huge minus.
Total. A gray-calm, very political, sluggish-current adventure, diluted with the simplest mini-games and an elementary choice of one of the three main options for influencing the endings, which are not veiled in any way. He tells several interesting, interconnected stories, and shows how dirty and disgusting politics is. I could have gotten a higher rating, but no thanks, the fun of New Game + seems like too little motivator for a second playthrough.
Rating: 5/10. It will work for one time, but be prepared for some understatement.
4 Comments
Sort by:
z
zhekazloy 28.08.21

The story (Game) fit for indie so generally jumped over their heads.
The fattest minus of the RANDOM route of locations does not depend on ANYTHING from the player.
And if luck smiled at you (in quotes), at the beginning of the game, you ran into a psycho taxi driver, and this is 100% death (without perks), then this spoils the further passage ...
Another of the minuses of variability is practically NO.
Well, clicking the cues if the NPC moves is such a pleasure ...
Humor, hmm, seems to be enough, sadomaso brothers, the star reporter
Tirac - Brezhnev, Florres - Merkel)) and so on)
There is NO way to go for a hundred, and even a new game + will not give a guarantee because RANDOM.
The same locations will be repeated, but the desired route is unlikely ...

Rating: I disagree with the commentator above, it deserves 7/10

V
VioO 26.09.21

the game dragged on) to me, as from Belarus, this is generally a sore subject with politics, so I even thought that the developers were inspired by something like that aha I liked the history and music, I have not met such games before, very good

k
kurskiy 26.09.21

Passed twice to find out the stories of all NPCs. In short: if you think of Road 96 as a teenage game for teenagers, then it's great. And the authors, apparently, did not pretend to be more and did not delve into the topic much (there is "black" - Tirac, "white" - Florres, "radical" - Brigade, no political intrigues and "semitones"). In general: an interesting plot, good graphics, amusing mini-games, good soundtrack (especially a cover of "Bella Ciao").

A
Alexey20112 24.11.21

For me, it's such a disgusting game. The industry should be like rock music - apolitical, but here everything was mixed. And the policy and agenda, I am silent about the weak plot and, in general, as a lack thereof.