3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
trondale 28.08.21 12:05 am

How do you make money? (Humankind)

I made it to the modern era, despite the fact that all my technology was still from the 1800s and was mainly based on coal.

Many of my military units start to cost 40-50 gold per turn or worse, and all of my gold districts produce almost nothing in return, even when they are adjacent to each other. Apparently, I basically need to build five or more wealthy neighborhoods in order to possibly earn 50 gold per unit.

Am I missing an important technology somewhere? Is there a specific way to plan wealth areas? My science can easily get up to 200-300 in a city with little effort, industry can get up to 1000, but the best I can do for one city's trade income is maybe 100-150 gold per turn.
2 Comments
Sort by:
Z
Zmaix rezignas 28.08.21

trondale
The main income in the game, in my opinion, is luxury resources that can be processed on your territory or bought from other civilizations.
So far, I have played only two games at the levels "Country" and "Humanity", and in both of them the greatest income (especially from the middle of the game) I received precisely from trading with other civilizations (about 20k gold per turn by the end of the game (I have 200 -230 at Normal speed))

A
Amogus228 28.08.21

xs, I had it mainly at the expense of the harbors and the population in the role of merchants. At least booty eat money.