3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Samson14 28.08.21 12:05 am

I decided to add some memory, but I ran into a problem

Hello everyone. I faced such a problem and now I don’t know what to do with a memory marriage, or so it should. I purchased this memory kit for 8GB. I stuck it as in the instructions for the Msi b550 gaming plus 2-4 slot, everything started up and through profile 1 at a frequency of 4133 it was started. I decided to increase the memory capacity up to 32, but with difficulty I found the same set of lengths in one on ozone. I stuck in the 1-3 slot, everything works at a frequency of 2666, since the time I decided to turn on xmp, but the attempt failed, it gives out the yellow inscription as in the photo and drops it to the frequency 2666. I tried to select the frequency in the section with a ready-made taimeng from the list, it seems like it started up, I think, okay, so it should be), one idea came to my mind to remove my old kit and put a new one there and start it on profile 1 at a frequency of 4133, but I did it with the old kit. And then I ran into an incomprehensible problem, I stuck it into the 2-4 slot, everything is on, everything is on, but the monitor did not start, before that I updated the BIOS. A couple of attempts unsuccessfully. I plugged it back into slot 1-3, I try everything works BUT DOES NOT START IN XMP MODE profile 1. So what is the reason why it does not start in slot 2-4 ?? A marriage of memory? I can make a return on ozone and take another model and is it possible to do this or is it easier to sell everything and take two 16 each

28 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 28.08.21

Nada read the instructions if any. there are usually slots channel a1-2 and b1-2. and the order of filling the slots when increasing the number of memory modules. for example a1 -> b1 -> a2 -> b2 and if some slots are left empty, the motherboard may not start and this is the norm.
I don’t know why the memory doesn’t work at a high frequency.

S
Samson14 28.08.21

MunchkiN 616 The
question torments one why she does not start a new set in slots 2-4, the old one works on them. If I took it for the first time, how would it work on 2-4 slots if the motherboard issues notifications, they say put it in 2-4 slots and it does not start in them

S
Samson14 28.08.21

That is, if the memory was already working with 32GB of memory and I pulled out 2 memory dies and it will not start with two empty ones, so what?

S
Samson14 28.08.21

MunchkiN 616
Ryzen 5 3600

R
Ryazancev 28.08.21

Samson14
With memory, most likely everything is normal. This kind of whims is a typical situation. Most likely it will be very problematic to make 4 dice friends! (Even if you are very lucky and the kits contain the same chips) Even on 16 + 16 (32GB) kits, overclocking is more difficult, because more chips. Overclocking in this case is all that is higher than the recommended AMD 3200 MHz. You have a lot of things to tweak manually. And the performance ceiling on this platform is 3800, so that the frequency of Infiniti factories is One to One with the frequency of one module (1900 MHz). Everything that is higher than 3800 memory frequencies cuts the frequency of infinity factories in half! For example, I do not even take 1900 percent of factories for infinity (it costs a little lower)! THOSE. I cannot tune the memory frequency with any dies, even the coolest ones, to 3800 (3785 MHz maximum). Read the hat on the overs site to get a little bit into the situation.
https://forums.overclockers.ru/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=618848
I've also bought at first 2 x 8GB, Then I decided to buy the same set, but 2 * 16GB. As a result, the chips turned out to be different. I had to sell one set of 2 * 8GB. Otherwise, I would have received a strong drawdown in performance. Roughly speaking, in the first case, the chips were Heinik cjr, and in the second Samsung B-dye.

S
Samson14 28.08.21

Ryazancev
Okay, okay. Why these new dies do not run in 2-4 slots as required by the motherboard. I tried to run two 8 each new kit, it starts in 1-3 slots, and in 2-4 the monitor does not start

X
X_ray_83 28.08.21

Samson14
Typical lamer))) To understand why insert one bar into the slot and see the maximum frequency with one and then with two)))
4 RAM bars work quickly only with TOP mothers like Asus x570 crosshair viii impact.
Why did you decide that MSI b550 became equal to X570 ??? Where do you get these thoughts from ??? )))
Lamers are terrible!

X
X_ray_83 28.08.21

Samson14 I will
explain if it didn’t come))) If you want a lot of memory and quickly buy 2 or 16 + 16 or 32 + 32))) On cheap b450, b550 this is the only way it works!

X
X_ray_83 28.08.21

Samson14
And the last memory A-DATA is generally considered a deshman as the cheapest of all brands! Better to change and take Patriot, or if you don’t mind the G.Skill Trident Z Royal with low timings, etc.

S
Samson14 28.08.21

X_ray_83
Yes, the problem that you saw is what interests me WHY THE OLD KIT IS STARTED IN 2-4 SLOTS AND THE NEW NOT. SEPARATELY INSERT THEM.

X
X_ray_83 28.08.21

Samson14
Because your motherboard is garbage so clear ??? Your memory kit costs $ 300 more expensive than your motherboard, nothing seems ??? Or is everything "normal" ???
Now you remind of a man who molds Ferrari wheels on a Lada, it "works and drives too"!

X
X_ray_83 28.08.21

Samson14
Buy a normal mother x570 and do not suffer and the ram will not be able to make candy no matter how hard you try, such miracles do not happen! The maximum frequency will be 3200 because the feeder, etc., is weak in the b550.

S
Samson14 28.08.21

X_ray_83
You again misunderstood me. I HAVE TWO SETS OF MEMORY OF SUCH 16GB THE FIRST SET WORKS AND THE SECOND DOESN'T. SO UNDERSTANDING TWO SETS ARE THE SAME ONE IN ONE ONLY THE LAST SET WHICH TAKEN DOESN'T RUN IN SLOTS 2-4 ONLY IN 1-3. I PULLED MY KIT OUT OF 2-4 AND SUPPLIED A NEW KIT. A SETS SAME FREQUENCY TIMING

k
kurskiy 28.08.21

Samson14
If possible, it is better to really change and check. Maybe it's a marriage. And also try to insert one bar into 2 or 4, see the result.

X
X_ray_83 28.08.21

Samson14
"DOES NOT START IN SLOTS 2-4 ONLY IN 1-3"
This is the problem of your motherboard galima, do you answer 10 times the same thing ??? )))
Do not believe me check on another PC what's the problem ??? Or did the servicemen also send it ?? ))
In general, you have serious problems .... buying memory for $ 300 for a motherboard for $ 200 for you is the "norm")))

X
X_ray_83 28.08.21

kurskiy
This is the problem of all the cheap b450 / 550 chipsets there for good work only as he said 2 and 4 or 1 and 3 slots! The rest, as luck would have such a layout, and he also chose the memory of slag, and for $ 300, the consultant did not sell it otherwise)))

k
kurskiy 28.08.21

X_ray_83
Strange glitch. I generally have msi b360m pro-vdh, no problem, 4 8 GB sticks work together. True, 32 GB is still not needed for games.

P
Patrick star online 28.08.21

kurskiy
Yes, that's not even the point here. Topikstarter bought memory without looking at the specifications of his board.
And there it is interesting:
1DPC 1R max speed 4400 MHz
1DPC 2R max speed 3866 MHz
2DPC 1R max speed 4000 MHz
2DPC 2R max speed 3600 MHz The
manufacturer clearly indicated that more than 4 GHz with peer-to-peer and 3.6 with dual-rank memory on 4 strips should not be expected. And this is not looking at the lists of supported memory. ¯ _ (ツ) _ / ¯

k
kurskiy 28.08.21

Patrick Star Online
Well, what can I say ...

X
X_ray_83 28.08.21

kurskiy
It is not surprising for MSI that these bunglers are messing with motherboards and video cards in the budget segment!