3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
satanicgod 28.08.21 12:07 am

How to save in this game? (Days Gone)

Just started the game. Dragged the bro to the bunk. They sent me on foot to pick up the bike. He walked through the forest, killed the marauders, found a bike seat, followed the dude to the camp, traded, after the cutscene, a dialogue began. At that moment I decided to quit the game. I click to manually save.
Then I go into the game - I'm again near my brother's bed. Why doesn't the game save within 20 minutes of auto gameplay and why doesn't the manual save work?
How to properly save anywhere?
11 Comments
Sort by:
B
BDmitriy 28.08.21

satanicgod
Manual saves do not plow. I had to go a little further before getting my own bike. You can save near him, either in the camps of Nero, which are to be captured, or in large camps, but this will be the same a little later.

B
BlackTigerTK 28.08.21

BDmitriy
Actually, not quite so. Manual saves will be available when there is a quick save option. That is, near the bike of GG, as well as near the bed in the original camp, Nero's camps, settlements, marauder camps, where there is a bunker.

s
satanicgod 28.08.21

Thanks, figured it out.

N
NateberegiSRatsiju 28.08.21

Here are the developers who know how to troll. All sorts of obvious things are constantly prompted, they just climb with their clues wherever they hit, and the very crooked mechanics in the game are simply not explained in any way.
Yes, it is logical that the save should work according to the rules of the survivor, by the bedside or in the shelter (okay, we are bikers and the bike also fits into this convoy), but why the hell shouldn't the save item be removed from the menu when it is actually absent? Perhaps this is a jamb of portyroapnia, which the developer could not overcome?

B
BlackTigerTK 28.08.21

NateberegiSRatsiju
In this regard, it would be interesting to know how this was implemented on the console.

B
BDmitriy 28.08.21

BlackTigerTK
When I first started playing, I thought that manual saves were working as they should. But, nifiga. Why then should I go to the menu if I can log in during the game? Whether it is crooked when porting, or a pirate ...

B
BlackTigerTK 28.08.21

BDmitriy
Fast Save is one single slot. Each time it is saved, it is overwritten. More precisely, physically these are five files autosave01.sav - autosave05.sav, rewritten cyclically. There are also autosaves, which the game itself makes. When the game is saved through the main menu, the slotxx.sav file is generated and if you save it to separate slots, they are not overwritten. How many such slots there are, I do not know for sure, there was information that their number is limited. I have seven of them now.

N
NateberegiSRatsiju 28.08.21

BlackTigerTK
The theme of the game is conducive to the abandonment of seismic scoring and replaying, especially with a linear plot; and the save system eliminates the need to deviate from the "continue" button every time you start the game. But I have auto-saves at the beginning of seven missions and two saves before the mission, all in one single slot.

B
BlackTigerTK 28.08.21

NateberegiSRatsiju wrote:
But I have auto-saves at the beginning of seven missions and two saves before the mission, all in one single slot.
I also have saves before starting missions. And I think that these points are not saved in the files autosave01.sav - autosave05.sav. and in the checkpoint.sav file. Now I tried to load the very first mission, where the Deacon with Bukhara in front of the tunnel. There are definitely no autosave files for this mission. After loading the mission, the checkpoint.sav file as well as the profile.sav file were changed and a new autosave file was created.
As for the consistency of the save system, everyone who plays this game decides for himself. IMHO.

n
natrogrii 09.12.21

BlackTigerTK
is also near the bed in the original camp
and where is it? generalized everything

d
dulep 31.01.22

NateberegiSRatsiju
The case is said!