3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
N.DF 28.08.21 12:15 am

d2music.mpq, D2XMUSIC.MPQ (Diablo 2)

Hello Ladies and Gosota! I am glad to welcome you again, and burden your brains with the next problem. I really want to rewrite the data (see above) files and change the music built into it. Those whose knowledge can radically help here and change the course of history, please - write, do not hesitate. What program, how to use .. any help is appreciated!
"Nobody is forgotten, and NOTHING IS FORGOTTEN!"

Goal: replace existing music with Diablo I tracks forever! Instead of the intro music at the start of the game, the "tristram" composition is needed in the menu and in the chat: D
21 Comments
Sort by:
B
BLIZZARDNORTH 28.08.21

Download MPQEditor with listing. When you open it, you will find music, but you don’t need to change it! You need to insert the one you need, in patch_d2.mpq, at the address found in the archive with the music.

Z
ZakarumFoot 28.08.21

And where can I find the music that sounds after the murder of diablo? I would like to turn it on after the successful success of the exams.

c
codw 28.08.21

in the diablo folder, create the data global music directory,
put the introedit.wav file there, which is your music (the file must be a simple sound, mp3 will not work)
run the game with the -direct argument (in the shortcut) - you will get a new sound saver

h
hangover 28.08.21

codw
Cool, works. The easiest way.

N
N.DF 28.08.21

codw
Thank you, cool of course and easy, but at the same time the game becomes Russian (text) and re-patching the text into English does not help. And so the idea is cool, if only the language was changed to English.

BLIZZARDNORTH
Thank you! I'll do it soon.

B
BLIZZARDNORTH 28.08.21

So in the game you have a data / folder and there is a crack in it, maybe some kind of mod, if all this is not needed, delete it, and put the music.
At the expense of the chat: music from all chats plays randomly in it, so you won't be able to change it, although unless you are annoyed ALWAYS hear one melody ...

B
BLIZZARDNORTH 28.08.21

Take the editor from here http://www.zezula.net/en/mpq/download.html

L
LostBook 28.08.21

... and replace with SkyFall

N
N.DF 28.08.21

Obsessed

0_O

p
passed 28.08.21

"don't squint me" XD

c
codw 28.08.21

N.DF
but at the same time, the game becomes Russian (text) and repatching the text into English does not help the
data local folder, rename or delete

N
N.DF 28.08.21

Doesn't work, gentlemen. Unfortunately, all your tips and help do not work, except for codw 02/11/13 09:55 ..

N
N.DF 28.08.21

codw
At the start "tristram" plays, the language is English (ie everything is as it should), now it would only be possible to fix the music in the game itself.

Download MPQEditor with listing. When you open it, you will find music, but you don’t need to change it! You need to insert the one you need, in patch_d2.mpq, at the address found in the archive with the music.
BLIZZARDNORTH, I tried to add the "music" directory in the patch_d2.mpq file
and insert my * .wav music there, as in the d2music.mpq files. But after such changes, the game refuses to start at all. A message is displayed saying that the patch_d2.mpq file is damaged. I don't know, maybe you need to change / add something specifically there. In general, I'm inclined to believe that maybe you can just replace the music in the files specified in the topic name? Or so do not do it?

T
Torum. 28.08.21

Maybe it's better to just play your favorite game, and not rape it (and yourself at the same time)? In general, the winamp has always regulated such issues by default.

N
N.DF 28.08.21

Torum.
The point is that music greatly influences my desire to play, or not to play. And third-party programs, such as winamps, etc. - it's not that at all.

T
Torum. 28.08.21

A very strange motivator. So much so that I can’t believe it.

N
N.DF 28.08.21

Huge thanks to comrade codw!
Everything works with its help, now all that remains is to sort out the music. Can someone suggest a simple and good (easy) program for changing the format (from .mp3 to .wav)?

O
Obsessed 28.08.21

In general, I'm inclined to believe that maybe you can just replace the music in the files specified in the topic name? Or so do not do it?
When you open it, you will find music, but you don’t need to change it! You need to insert the one you need, in patch_d2.mpq
N.DF, the question - atvet! =)
in general, I fully support Monsieur Torum - by reinstalling d2, I take MPQ_Cutter and fuck all the vidos & music (leaving d2speech, d2xtalk and d2xmusic! otherwise "Baal doesn't laugh"!: C). and then vinamp r00lz - you want sho, then turn it in! =)

i
irknet 28.08.21

N.DF
Download a simple audio converter. This usually comes with an AIMP.

O
Obsessed 28.08.21

N.DF, I used to stupidly select the plugin in the Winamp settings (in Output): "something_tam_writer" and when I clicked on "play" it made a wav. but right now, I don't have it in my fashionable winamp ..: From
Google "mp3 direct cut" - this function can be in this prog.