3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Azzy 29.08.21 12:36 am

Mega Man - discussion of the entire series

It is very strange, but I did not find any topics for games of this series in the search except 11 and old news.

In general, okay. Let there be one theme for everything old. 

Now I'm playing in the Z ZX Legacy Collection for review. While the review is in progress, here is a small impression and video. 

16 Comments
Sort by:
U
Utamaruno 29.08.21

Favorite Mega Man. Zero 1-4 per GB was rubbed to holes. I remember that in the cartridges of the first two parts, even the batteries were already dead, but this did not stop me from regular runs without saving. All the Elves just never got together.

Was it the same in the second part and further introduced the award for the rating? When they gave out good skills for passing levels with A and S ratings. For me it is so brilliant that the game stimulates you to play well.

I didn't like the ZX so much, because they strained it with this running around in the style of cheap metrodoing, and the complexity dropped noticeably.

Modified February 28, 2020 by Utamaruno

a
albedo 29.08.21

I am somehow not a fan of the megamen, and only as a child I went through a couple of parts on the dandy, and was not thrilled. Checked out all the collections here on the switch. And it's good that I'm not a fan of the series. This is "hell" how many of them came out. And half of what was released is not in these collections, judging by the wiki and the video about the history of the series. I liked the X and Zero branches. With super-casual complexity added to the compilations, they're not that hard anymore. I think I'll go through everything. Each for a couple of hours.

i
iv. 29.08.21

28 minutes ago, Utamaruno said:

I didn't like the ZX so much, because they strained it with this running around in the style of cheap metrodoing, and the complexity dropped noticeably.

Honestly, I did not understand those who did not like the forks in the ZX. Yes, many people criticize the game for this. But somehow I never had any problems with this. And in terms of complexity - well, nifiga yourself, Omega there is much more difficult than Omega from the third Zero.

14 minutes ago, albedo said:

And half of what was released is not in these collections, judging by the wiki and the video about the history of the series.

The thing here is that it is not necessary to go through all the parts according to the general plotline. There were a lot of offshoots and rubbish that some consider canon. The Zero ZX (A) series is only a part, which is not even over yet. 

9 hours ago, Azzy said:

While the review is in progress, here is a small impression and video. 

My advice to you. After finishing the fourth Zero, take a break for at least a week. Many people burn out after it and begin to compare the smallest aspects of the ZX-ZXA with Zero, forgetting that this is a slightly different game with its own peculiarities and nuances. And these nuances are taken for cons. Although in my opinion ZXA is the best after the third Zero.

Modified on February 28, 2020 by iv.

G
Grayharvey 29.08.21

I became addicted to the mega peasant relatively recently after the release of collections of the original and X lines in the form of collections. As a child, I played only the first on the dandy and the first X on the computer. Then they seemed to me fiercely difficult and not particularly interested, so I scored. As a result, now I have passed 3 parts of X and almost the entire main series, including 11. I like that X is very different in structure and because of a heap of secret chips is much more diverse, but at the same time the main series, although more straightforward, is not gives in and throws up its features. I haven't played zero and zx at all, but I plan to. 

i
iv. 29.08.21

2 hours ago, GrayHarvey said:

As a result, now I have passed 3 parts of the X and almost the entire main series, including 11

I just conjure. In no case do not touch the seventh and even more so the eighth x. The sixth can only be picked up if, by great accident, the fifth part comes in (although already on the fourth, the smell of shit will begin to creep in here and there). After the fifth, it is better to assume that the next three games never existed.

2 hours ago, GrayHarvey said:

X is very different in structure and due to the heap of secret chips is much more diverse

There, only in essence, parts of the armor are scattered at the levels - that's the whole difference. Well, you can run for Zero and after the third, for some reason they added more missions. The most unnecessary appendix, which only interferes with the passage of the levels. The plot - yes, it is. But at the same time, it is not clear why he is like that, because from time to time you have to kill the same undying Sigma. Zero in this has a more logical and complete structure.

d
delete 29.08.21

My acquaintance with Megamuzhik was later, but powerful. 

Megamen. I am not a fan of the original series, I didn’t admire its external design, and its excessive complexity. Sometimes I still listen to music. Passed Remake 1 on PSP, 6 through emulsion, and 11 three days ago. Watching a retrospective of RussianGeek))

Megamen HE, here I am already fully in the subject, passed 2 and 3 emule, 1, 4, 5, 6 on psp, 7 8 on PS2. I love this episode more than the usual megamuzhik. The X4 is my favorite. 

Megamen Zero. Agony and masterpiece. The most interesting story, and while playing, I realized that damn it, how cool it would be if Zero was a metrodvania, it is so close, I didn’t know anything other than the name ZX then)))

Megaman ZX, Lo and behold! They made a metro double !! I was delighted with the level design, easy yes, but very interesting! ZX Advent gameplay is much better, and the complexity has increased, but the music and the plot are boring. But I like both parts. 

PS After passing three days ago, Megamena was satisfied, and I think that the difficulty there is ideal. I don’t understand the demands of the fans that there was an exhausting complexity, as in some 1-2 megamens. It should be fun to play, not exhausting.

i
iv. 29.08.21

11 minutes ago, delete said:

ZX Advent gameplay is much better, and the complexity has increased, but the music and the plot are boring.

In ZXA, the plot is the best, I am shielding. Better the final Zero for sure. And the music is more boring ?! Come on?!

Spoiler

And even more so, this track alone buries almost the entire ZX soundtrack:

21 minutes ago, delete said:

7 8 at PS2.

I sympathize. Truth. Swearing a lot?

22 minutes ago, delete said:

Megaman ZX, Lo and behold! They made a metro double !!

Well, in the ZX, to put it mildly, metroidvania did not work. More or less convenient both in navigation and in using the abilities of pseudoroids to overcome obstacles came out only in ZXA. 

d
delete 29.08.21

8 minutes ago, iv. said:

I sympathize. Truth. Swearing a lot?

A little facepalm, a little perplexed, then shrugged his shoulders and walked away. It's bad, yes, but playable. BURN TO THE GROUND !! 

10 minutes ago, iv. said:

Well, in the ZX, to put it mildly, metroidvania did not work. More or less convenient both in navigation and in using the abilities of pseudoroids to overcome obstacles came out only in ZXA. 

The ZXA doesn’t catch on because it hooked on the ZX, it is clearly better, if the ZX is an experiment, then the ZXA is already tightly assembled, but something in it caused .................. boredom or was not fun !? In general, I went through most of the megamens in your assessment of the game, I don't remember now. I played about 5-6 years ago.

P
Pr8da21r 29.08.21

I have never really played in a single Mega man, but I want to join.
I even bought all the collections of games on PS4 for skidons, but none of them dared to launch the : Garold:
original games, so I'm thinking of starting my acquaintance with the series from some GBA title: 57a8bd5f05fbe_FROG21:

i
iv. 29.08.21

41 minutes ago, delete said:

A little facepalm, a little perplexed, then shrugged his shoulders and walked away. It's bad, yes, but playable. BURN TO THE GROUND !! 

I don't know what kind of crap you have to take to consider them playable. The original megamuzhik was built on the fact that there are always obstacles in front of you. If they don't shoot, you have to jump on them. If they shoot, you have to shoot back. Moreover, you often need to shoot at weak points or, as in the case of Zero, make a choice between safer shots at a distance or risk, but more damage with a saber.

In the seventh and eighth parts, all of the above is screwed up. Most enemies in free-walking levels can be simply bypassed - they are no longer obstacles. You don't need to shoot at weak points and look for these weaknesses - now there is an auto-aim in general for everything that is close to you. And my mother is a woman - why the hell did they come up with Axl? He does not add anything at all, but only infuriates. Zero was slowed down to the point of impossibility, now his saber is useless. And X, according to the plot, generally became a pacifist, he was different and you can only play for him if you release a certain number of utyrki who pray for help (after all, in the previous Xs, this did not infuriate anyone, yeah). But even after that, he is no longer needed, because by that time Axl and Zero will be pumped.

X is initially unavailable in the game, WHICH IS NAMED IN HIS NAME! Nishtyak, I'm shitting.

Modified on February 28, 2020 by iv.

A
Azzy 29.08.21

af5e76497cc6.jpg

GameMAG.ru - Review of Mega Man Zero ZX Legacy Collection

i
iv. 29.08.21

18 hours ago, Azzy said:

Mega Man Zero ZX Legacy Collection review

> Second - retains the original pixelation, but adds slight ripples and stripes, like on old CRTs.
But Zero never appeared on a CRT. This, if I'm not mistaken, is an imitation of the screen just the same as the first gameboy advance.

> The plot of the game is unobtrusive, but it can please with some unexpected twists, especially in the final.

Fig itself unobtrusive. The first raises the question of loyalty and friendship, the second reveals what kind of massacre occurred over the past 100 years during the war of the cyber elves. In the third, it turned out that our Zero (spoiler). The fourth, albeit somewhat awkwardly, but logically and without unnecessary questions, completes the entire series. And there is a pretty strong drama going on throughout the games.

> The plot begins many years after the global catastrophe.

200 years after Zero, when this global catastrophe did not occur. It talked about the events that took place before the Zero series, where levels in the forests appeared in the fourth part. Even then, nature on the planet began to recover.

> inside there was a prototype of a “biometal X” that turns the wearer into a Mega Man.

... with the artificial intelligence of X himself. And then Zero is added.

> Sometimes the transitions between locations seem too confusing, and even a map does not help to understand how to get to this or that area.

Especially when you consider that the map itself is not there. There is only a grid of names of zones, the passage to which you have to look for yourself.

In general, it is clear that you only went through the first part to the end and did not go into the plot at all. And I forgot about the ZXA. It’s hard to argue with the rest of the review, because it’s like I’m reading the back cover of the game box. Where is the listing of the features of the game and its mechanics. Somehow I did not notice the author's opinion. I don't understand why you specifically gave her 8.
Also, if you dig around, you could add notes about regional changes, in which bursts of "blood" were removed from the western Zeros when hit by everything that is not a firearm. How in some levels the oil stains on the walls, which were supposed to give the impression of reploid blood, were removed. As with the original third part, cards were sold, which, when interacting with a special reader, made it possible to modify the game and how this feature was cut out in the re-release on NDS. As in the first ZX, instead of voice acting, there was silence outside of Japan. As the series remained unfinished and about the further fate of Inti Creates. About why Zero took off his X series armor, finally. A lot of things were possible. Yes, even about how the game is controlled in comparison with GBA-DS.

Modified on March 2, 2020 by iv.

A
Azzy 29.08.21

7 hours ago, iv. said:

imitation of the screen is exactly the first gameboy advance.

Was there ripples on it? I didn’t play much in the GBA, maybe I didn’t notice it. But other associations worked for me and wrote about it. My first MM friends and I were on a very old TV set with ripples.

iv. in general, this is a review of a collection of retro games, and not some kind of novelty, and even less a guide to the passage, and not a retrospective of the series. Assessment of the collection, the quality of the port and the overall impression of all the games, etc. If you have not seen the author's opinion, then you are not very attentive. The fact that you find fault with "many years" instead of "200" or that I have not written about this and the rest is generally absurd. Maybe it was also necessary to write not just "final boss"

Spoiler

this is Mega Man X and that at the end Zero takes him. Or the fact that Giro is suspicious of a trip to Zero and at some point turns out to be the owner of the "Z suit" 

You don't even need to write about such details in reviews of retro collections. Those who played they already know everything and they are interested in the quality of the port, there is a lot about this in the review. And those who have not played, they should not receive such spoilers, and the fact that there is some kind of history around these games, this of course can be inserted as an add-on, but in the review there are already 12,000 characters and it is possible to stretch it with such secondary information only in an addition that is already superfluous here.

7 hours ago, iv. said:

I seem to be reading the back cover of the game box

As you say. I'm interested in looking at the back cover where there will be so much text.   

i
iv. 29.08.21

3 hours ago, Azzy said:

My first MM friends and I were on a very old TV set with ripples.

Well, how would I think that stylizing as CRT TV is not necessary here at all, since the game did not come from them. And yes, there was a characteristic ripple on the screens of the first GBA.

3 hours ago, Azzy said:

The fact that you find fault with "many years" instead of "200" or that I have not written about this and the rest is generally absurd. Maybe it was also necessary to write not just "final boss"

Well I'm in the topic of the discussion of the series, so I get into the details. : 3

And as I understand it. Here the task was to make an overview of the port itself, but what is in it is already secondary. Then yes, the accusations of lack of author's opinion are dropped. He just can't be here. with:

Modified on March 2, 2020 by iv.

d
delete 29.08.21

On 28.02.2020 at 17:48, iv. said: At 28.02.2020 at 17:21, delete said:

ZX Advent gameplay is much better, and the complexity has increased, but the music and the plot are boring.

In ZXA, the plot is the best, I am shielding. Better the final Zero for sure. And the music is more boring ?! Come on?!

Show content

And even more so, this track alone buries almost the entire ZX soundtrack:

I don’t agree at all about getting used to it, the track doesn’t catch me even once, of everything that you threw off, only the first one is pleasant, and then in the first seconds. 

I'm much better off from this one.

Sound in the first part, it envelops and immerses me ................. well, it's a matter of taste ..

Spoiler

And finally 

Spoiler

BeRW.gif

A
Azzy 29.08.21

3 hours ago, iv. said:

Well I'm in the topic of discussion of the series, so I get into the details. :

Well, I don’t mind, I just don’t need to make a claim to me, I would write something like, here is an addition to your text, there was such and such a story, etc. I just don't mind discussing all this here. 

3 hours ago, iv. said:

Well, how would I think that stylizing as CRT TV is not necessary here at all, since the game did not come from them.

I would like such a filter in other collections as well. In this regard, it is sad that people do not bother, because on emulators, a lot of cool things have long been learned to do such as all kinds of CRT shaders and other things. Do it once, then shove it into everything, and let the user choose just stripes, stripes with ripples, anti-aliasing, some shaders or no filters at all. Moreover, it is not only Capcom that is poor with this, in general, no one is soared at all. Even the "wallpaper" on the sides is often just art, and in fact any student in Japan will make a beautiful stylization in a frame for a portion of rammen. There is a very good set of wallpapers in a pan of wallpapers, since the SNES, even animated ones.

3 hours ago, iv. said:

And yes, there was a characteristic ripple on the screens of the first GBA.

Hmm, why did it happen, it's TFT, where does the ripple come from? From a purely technical point of view, I'm wondering what can give such tips to the screen? 

Modified on March 2, 2020 by Azzy