3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
ACE 29.08.21 11:29 pm

Rare Replay

Developer - Rare Publisher - Microsoft Studios Platform - Xbox One Launch date - August 4, 2015 Genre - Collection of games of various genres Modes - Single-player, Multiplayer (depending on the game) List of games: Jetpac - 1983 Lunar Jetman - 1983 Atic Atac - 1983 Saber Wulf - 1984 Underwurlde - 1984 Knight Lore - 1984 Gunfright - 1985 Slalom - 1986 RC Pro-Am - 1987 Cobra Triangle - 1989 Snake Rattle 'n' Roll - 1990 Solar Jetman - 1990 Digger T. Rock - 1990 Battletoads - 1991 RC Pro -Am II - 1992 Battletoads Arcade - 1994 Killer Instinct Gold - 1996 Blast Corps - 1997 Banjo-Kazooie - 1998 Jet Force Gemini - 1999 Perfect Dark - 2000 Banjo-Tooie - 2000 Conker's Bad Fur Day - 2001 Grabbed by the Ghoulies - 2003 Kameo : Elements of Power - 2005 Perfect Dark Zero - 2005 Viva Piñata - 2006 Jetpac Refuelled - 2006 Viva Piñata:Trouble in Paradise - 2008 Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - 2008    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9L5mP9aiVE

It seems that there hasn't been a topic yet.

I'm playing now. if it were not for the possibility of rewinding time, it would be unrealistic to pass the bettoads

17 Comments
Sort by:
O
Ozu 29.08.21

One topic? Pfff, come on for every game!

M
Minolta 29.08.21

Developer - Rare Publisher - Microsoft Studios Platform - Xbox One Launch date - August 4, 2015 Genre - Collection of games of various genres Modes - Single-player, Multiplayer (depending on the game) List of games: Jetpac - 1983 Lunar Jetman - 1983 Atic Atac - 1983 Saber Wulf - 1984 Underwurlde - 1984 Knight Lore - 1984 Gunfright - 1985 Slalom - 1986 RC Pro-Am - 1987 Cobra Triangle - 1989 Snake Rattle 'n' Roll - 1990 Solar Jetman - 1990 Digger T. Rock - 1990 Battletoads - 1991 RC Pro -Am II - 1992 Battletoads Arcade - 1994 Killer Instinct Gold - 1996 Blast Corps - 1997 Banjo-Kazooie - 1998 Jet Force Gemini - 1999 Perfect Dark - 2000 Banjo-Tooie - 2000 Conker's Bad Fur Day - 2001 Grabbed by the Ghoulies - 2003 Kameo : Elements of Power - 2005 Perfect Dark Zero - 2005 Viva Piñata - 2006 Jetpac Refuelled - 2006 Viva Piñata:Trouble in Paradise - 2008 Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - 2008    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9L5mP9aiVE

It seems that there hasn't been a topic yet.

I'm playing now. if it were not for the possibility of rewinding time, it would be unrealistic to pass the bettoads

Yes, a lot of games that could not be completed and battletoads are not the most difficult =)

Lunar jetmam

underwurlde

Rc-pro Am

Even slalom

These are generally just Hell, but the rest are not much easier then

Ps Nobody wants to pick online achievements from the collection of games on the X360 (Jetpac Refueled and others)?

S
StrongDieTwice 29.08.21

Can't you change the camera in conker? otherwise I really wanted to go through it, it's almost impossible to jump with an inverted camera

R
Rokudze 29.08.21

[member = 'we_die_twice'], you will get used to it after 20 minutes of playing)

T
Tinkino 29.08.21

Banjo 3 goes to 10fps

I hope that in November, when backward compatibility with 360 comes out of the beta test stage, this will be fixed.

A
ACE 29.08.21

[member = 'Tinkino'], yeah. and it is the only 360 game that goes so badly in the collection. on the Eurogamer they write that this is because there is the most advanced graphics

only there drawdowns up to 20fps, not 10))

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-vs-rare-replay

A
ACE 29.08.21

My 17-page review of all thirty games of the collection http://gamemag.ru/reviews/rare-replay Thanks tinkino for help and shibito (+ Anril)

_
_Novex 29.08.21

I think it's worth taking for 900 rubles or wait for more discounts ...

U
UnreaL 29.08.21

[member = '_ Novex'], of course worth 

P
PRIZZRAK 29.08.21

I bought a collection of Rare Replay. 9 big games are installed, but there should be 30 games on the disc. I start the disc, he says it is necessary to update the game, preparation and throws it into the dashboard. And silence. Doesn't pump anything, the disk won't start. What is the problem and where to dig who knows? 

A
Azzy 29.08.21

CZj3yUaXEAAc62P.jpg

I have long wanted to write a post about the original Battletoads, but somehow my hands did not reach, and then I played Rare Replay and my fingers began to type the text themselves. I've always loved this series and still love it, but I enjoyed playing Battletoads and Double Dragon more, which I played many times on different platforms and later on emulators. Of course, I also played a lot in the original Battletoads, played both myself and with friends. In total, I played hundreds of hours.

1024x768-action.gif83172-battletoads-nes-screenshot-fightin

Battletoads is considered by many to be the hardest and most challenging game to play. It is, of course, difficult, yes, but the problem is that this complexity is not based on tactics, strategy and a specific skill, but on the concept that assumes that you are standing behind an arcade machine and continually toss coins to keep playing. Battletoads is addictive, but terribly hostile in some places. Thus, people got carried away and threw coins into the machine again and again when they came across a difficult moment. The situation is similar to some modern F2P games or one-dollar mobile projects in which the same unobtrusive "paywall" is present. You can play, play, and at some point get stuck and then either suffer for a long time or wait (for example, fuel in some "flying machine" is enough only for 5 minutes of the game), or pay and continue playing. 

The main problem for the player is that there are no patterns, the rules change unpredictably all the time. That is, in order to complete the game to the end, you need to learn by heart all the levels and traps, as well as hone hard timing to automatism, since the speed in some (well-known) moments is very high. There are many examples of such evil game design. The level with the same "snakes" causes great bewilderment. When you get to the top from the tenth time, then there the white snake flies out with such a high speed that you simply do not have time to react in time. It's good that now there is a rewind of time, but everyone remembers what happened to the player after that moment on the original platform. Moreover, when you reach the second time and already know what to do, you still lose without having time to react to the hollow of the exit or to some kind of thorn.

The most annoying moment is the planes. I did everything right, but I touched the electrical barrier with the edge of my ear. Yes, now you can rewind and try again, then again ... and again, until it works out. And that level with water and fish? After all, you cannot predict anything in advance, only remember after a loss. At the moment when the giant gear follows the protagonist, there are no clear rules, somewhere it must be passed into a kind of "pocket", in another place there you must hide yourself. At the same time, initially it is not clear where to go to the player, and only after spending his life it becomes clear. At the end of the level, there is generally an extravaganza. Everything is predictable there, but you need to skip the wheel over yourself so as not to get on the spikes. Accordingly, you must always press the "jump" so as not to go to the bottom.

Battletoads.png

At level 10, the game is practically impassable if you did not have time to comply with a number of conditions. There already, even with rewinds, even with saves, no difference. It is necessary to go down and overtake the rat, which must detonate the bomb. It is simply impossible to overtake this scalded rodent on the third bomb! When I was tired of overtaking her, I decided to read what they write on the Internet. I did not find anything sane, since most of the advice was according to the version with SEGA MD, where the dynamics were reworked and the game felt a little more sane. However, I found advice, they say, you need to beat the rat on the first bomb and when it dies, the level will end. I kicked with a running start this creature on the way to the bomb, it turned out 3-4 times, when I ran to the bomb, I "stuck" 4 more times with a running start, no effect. As a result, when I replayed the moment again 5 or 6, I managed to catch immediately after "neutralization" and bash with a running start several times. The rat is dead.

The strangest thing is, in this game, despite such difficulties at the levels, the boss battles are very simple and of the same type. The boss is easy to catch on some set of actions that he cannot interrupt and stupidly stampede to death. I had no problems with bosses at all. 

Of course, the game is still cool and all that, but probably it's better not to return to the original arcade and even NES (Dendy) versions without saving and rewinding. The difficulty in the game is rather stupid and this is the main disadvantage that spoils the impression. In my opinion, conditional DMC and Souls require much more skill and intelligence from the player than Battletoads. Well, if you take the games of that era, then the same Contra is much more honest with the player, while it is no less difficult and hardcore game.  

K
KEHT 29.08.21

At 02.08.2016 at 03:22, Azzy said:

Of course, the game is still cool and all that, but probably it's better not to return to the original arcade and even NES (Dendy) versions without saving and rewinding. The difficulty in the game is rather stupid and this is the main disadvantage that spoils the impression.

Game design errors. There have always been and there will be more. It's just that they don't make such glaring mistakes now, but this is a good stone in the Nintendo garden. In no case should such things be allowed to go to the exit to their platform.

At 02.08.2016 at 03:22, Azzy said:

the same Contra approaches the player much more honestly, while also not an easy game

And here, just a sample of game design. Here is even an example of the first level.

They are forced into the water, immediately showing that it is not dangerous. Deadly chasms appear only in the second half of the level - learn to jump - I don't want to. Enemies at the beginning stupidly run from one side and do not shoot. The first powerup arrives at a relatively safe area. The first boss is generally arranged according to the principle "do not go here, the ball will hit the head, you will be dead" - that is, stand on the hill and shoot at him.

G
Grantovich 29.08.21

The result is impressive

G
Grantovich 29.08.21

When I played the game for the first time, about the same as he orgasmed: icon_mrgreen:

X
Xexyz 29.08.21

Launched Nuts & Bolts again, stuck again. Masterpiece. I'll have to leave a review here sometime

X
Xexyz 29.08.21

Litter if sounded like a threat (miscarriage)

X
Xexyz 29.08.21

At 14.7.2018 at 17:19, Xexyz said:

I'll have to leave a review here sometime

To be honest, I didn't understand the hate at all in relation to the game. Just because it is different and not like its predecessors or what? Well, this is lol)))
A distinctive feature is the creation of vehicles. There are cars, boats, hovercraft, carts, helicopters, airplanes, etc. You can use well thought out blueprints or create from scratch. In the course of the passage, new details will appear, expanding the possibilities.

The whole thrill of the game is that you experiment with different vehicles, and let the missions repeat somewhere, but you don't feel it. A sense of the uniqueness of the missions is created. This is racing, and transportation of something / someone, and pushing out of the arena, and even a kind of darts. We win, we get jiggy / TT - trophies, we open new worlds. 
Six unique worlds with their own characteristics, a carefree atmosphere and one of the best Rare games.

The disadvantages are probably their traditional disadvantages - frame rate, camera.

Rating: 9/10