3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Voldo 29.08.21 11:36 pm

God of War III [updated theme]

Genre: Action / Adventure, Slasher
Developer: Santa Monica Studio
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America
Platform: PlayStation 3
Release Date: North America - March 16, 2010, Europe - March 19, 2010, Japan - March 25, 2010

Continuation of one of the main exclusive games for PS2.
[hide = 'Announcement and Trailers'] Teaser video from E3 2008: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36487.html

The first trailer on the engine: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45513. html

Trailer from TGS 2009: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-0 ... -war / 56543

Trailer for "Chaos Will Rise": http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclu .. . -war / 61815

Launch Trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/launc ... -war / 63218 [/ hide]
FAQ
[hide = 'All the Treasures of the Gods']
[spoil] [youtube] [/ youtube]
[/ spoil]
Combo 1000 hits

[spoil] [youtube] [/ youtube]
[/ spoil]
Hera's garden puzzle

[spoil] [youtube] [ / youtube] [/ spoil] [/ hide]

Poll results Your rating of the game: http://prntscr.com/7t2lqv

Modified on July 15, 2015 by user Azzy
added poll screenshot
124 Comments
Sort by:
T
Tremere 29.08.21

[b] Digital Noise [/ b], do I have to look for news from e3, where some magazines were shown gameplay, and they swore that it's like cg?

D
Digital noise 29.08.21

[b] Tremere [/ b], if you're talking about a sexual project from Sonya, then it's not shit3.

T
Tremere 29.08.21

[b] Digital Noise [/ b], are you kidding me? about gov3, after the render of the teaser so they said

D
Digital noise 29.08.21

[b] Tremere [/ b] who spoke? Uncle Vasya from the next door? Cliff Bleszinski? Kaz Hirai? Nobody promoted her. And you're all about Sonya's lies. is no longer funny.

T
Tremere 29.08.21

[b] Digital Noise [/ b], nefig to deny, tired, closed the topic. To summarize, GOV3 does not have a cg graphega, 1080p and 60fps.

A
Allmighty L 29.08.21

[quote] 1080p and 60fps.
[/ Quote]
How did you define it?

T
Tremere 29.08.21

okay, I caught up with 1080p, but are you not friends with logic, what nafig 1080p on Karentegen, or 1080p no longer mean: 1920 * 1080, and some abstract: 1200 * 1080 ????

G
Guest 29.08.21

[b] Tremere [/ b], 1080p can mean at least 1 * 1080 .... but Full HD yes .... 1920 * 1080

T
Tremere 29.08.21

mmmm, didn’t the standards have changed while I was in the bath :?

G
Guest 29.08.21

[b] Tremere [/ b], no .. have not changed

A
Allmighty L 29.08.21

[Quote] what nafig 1080p on Karentegen [/ quote]
wipe HD, White Knight Chronicles

T
Tremere 29.08.21

[b] ult [/ b], so it seems always 1080p meant 1920 * 1080, read, this is an abbreviated spelling.

G
Guest 29.08.21

[b] Tremere [/ b], better write in full .... because one thing is the physical resolution of the TV matrixes .. and a completely different video signal .... if the pixel is not standard, then 1200 * 1080 is quite acceptable

T
Tremere 29.08.21

[b] Allmighty L [/ b], the wipe uses a dynamic anamorphic 1080, there is an average of 1400 * 1080, it seems like in the GT5 prologue, about videoconferencing we'll see.

G
Guest 29.08.21

I'll wait for the gameplay videos, but for now, the PS2 level has been reached: gigi:

A
Allmighty L 29.08.21

Well, 1080p f. You fifa

M
Meatwad967 29.08.21

Fresh from Jaffe:

[quote] So my take on all of this, FWIW:

a- The footage aired on Spike looked meh. It was dark and grainy and I was watching on a SD television. But the SAME footage shown in screen grabs from this thread- which I guess was taken off an HDTV playing the footage in HD- was 100% ONE of the two GOD OF WAR 3 things I saw when I was in Santa Monica a few weeks ago ... It is NOT the thing I was raving about- as I made clear in a video post a week ago- but I still think it looks darn good. To me, the stuff Spike showed when viewed in proper resolution looks like a AAA God Of War to me. It doesn't rock my world but it doesn't look: meh. It looks like I'd expect a next-gen GOW to look. Granted, the team still has a long way to go and I imagine the final game- in all areas- will look much better. But I still thought it looked good.
b- What I was raving about has not been shown outside of internal Sony meetings. I imagine it will be shown soon, but I have no idea. I also assume that the Spike stuff was turned in earlier than the stuff I saw (that I raved about) as the stuff I saw was for a meeting and didn't need to be edited, reviewed by Spike, Sony marketing, etc. The stuff I saw that I raved about was probably finished 1-2 days before I got to the studios. The Spike stuff I saw had aleady been turned into Spike so it was 100% older. Not that I thought it was bad- again- just I can see how the new stuff I saw looked further along, for sure. And to give you an idea, the stuff I saw that I raved about looked about 25-30% better than what you see in this thread (the Spike footage played on HD). If that's not exciting and cool enough for you, fair enough.
c- Fuck you idiots with the painting thing. It's not semantics, it's not a trick phrase. If you know God of War then it doesn't take much of a leap to assume I meant the footage looked like a painting of the concept art or a realistic, but bold and dramatic Renaissance era style painting. I am well aware a painting can be Andy Warhol style or can be Wind Waker style or can be- as one eloquent Gaffer wrote- simply them wiping their ass on paper and calling that a painting. But come on… is this really something you want to bust my balls on? We can argue and debate- when the footage comes out- if you agree with me that the footage DOES INDEED feel like a GOD OF WAR painting / GOD OF WAR concept art piece come to life ... that seems a fair debate. But do you people really want to keep wasting your time and energy acting as if I was trying to sneak something by you because the term 'painting' can encompass all art styles? I think it was pretty clear what I meant. If I had seen something in GOD OF WAR 3 that indicated the art style had changed to a PAINTED Manga style or a WINDWAKER painted style or even something that tried to emulate the painted stylings of one particular neo gaffer's fecal paste splattered onto a sheet of Charmin , then I would have hinted at something like that ... but I didn't so isn't it kind of obvious what kind of painting I meant?
d. Some of the venom aimed at me is amazing. I'm not out to get anyone, I'm not out to screw anyone over. I was expressing my feelings on a game I had seen. It was not PR it was not spin it was not marketing. It was being jazzed about some ultra cool graphics and tech and I was sharing that info and excitement. I stand to gain NOTHING if GOD OF WAR 3 is a success. Hell, I stand to lose more if it is a big hit given that if the game fails- which it will not come close to failure, by the way- but if it DID fail, I look even better because then folks will go, " well, see what happens when Jaffe leaves ... the game falls apart "and my stock goes up. Not that I want that to happen and not that that will happen given the talent on that team and what I have seen so far, but all I am saying is:

Take care- eager for the footage I saw to come out and then have that discussion / debate.

Later ya'll ...

David [/ quote]

T
Timsonic 29.08.21

[b] Meatwad967 [/ b],
hmmm ... so after all, this is not what Jaffe saw and what made him piss with boiling water? : confused:

D
Darkiti 29.08.21

[quote name = "Timsonic"] [b] Meatwad967 [/ b],
hmmm ... so after all, this is not what Jaffe saw and why he pissed with boiling water? : confused: [/ quote]

Not that, Jaffe himself warned on Kannun that they would show another video.

T
Timsonic 29.08.21

[b] DARK_TEMPLAR [/ b],
damn .. and sho then Jaffe scratches there?) I know average English .. and right now I want to sleep)