3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MWorld II 29.08.21 11:53 pm

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

cov_248_l.jpg

Platforms: PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC
Genre: Adventure RPG in the open world
Publisher: Warner Brothers
Developer: Monolith
Engine :?
Release date: October 2, 2014

Rumors: in August 2013, the game publisher Warner Brothers registered the Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor trademark, and, according to a source, the studio was developing Monolith. According to the same source, the game is being developed in the open-world role-playing game genre for two generations of gaming systems at once.

Development Confirmation: The game was announced on the cover of the January 2014 issue of GameInfromer. 

Description: The game will unfold between The Hobbit and the original Lord of the Rings. The developers promise an interesting combat system, unique game events. Each game will be unique due to the dynamic reaction of the world to the player's actions.

First details: 

The protagonist of Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Talion, is a mixture of the ghost and the Ranger of the Black Gate, .... read more ->

Screenshots:

[spoil]

122614ecb302fece5651e25f1aa88c6c.jpg

79f03023c91e1431218ee97372f53668.jpg

18e28c06370505d0e6ebd742ee31732f.jpg

e1328c43cef472e35e17a8ee8ab75f56.jpg

[/ spoil]

Rollers:

Story Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjksYo26-0s

Cinematic E3 Trailer: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABmoXXPyGeI

A video dedicated to weapons and runes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVKZfJuegBE

Video dedicated to the "Nemesis" system

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55GJQQKKzuE

Famous people working on the game: 

Christian Cantamessa - Lead Game Designer Red Dead Redemption Troy Baker Nolan North
124 Comments
Sort by:
C
Charles 29.08.21

The Lead Designer of Red Dead Redemption is working on it!

https://twitter.com/ccantamessa/stat...53412673310721

Hooray!

WOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU !!!

Former developer of the monolith on the ghafe peyshit:

Good group of people working on it. It is pretty awesome.

A
Alex gray 29.08.21

Well, don't know. Already how many games came out in this universe, but there was almost nothing sensible.

2 parts of Battle for Middle Earth + addon to the second, Return of the King was very good for its time, War in the North seems to be not bad (I haven't played yet, shame on me, lotrophagus since 8 years old)

LEGO LOTR is usable.

I was also saddened when the RPG on Lotra was covered.

I'm looking forward to this game, maybe a good comeback of the Monoliths, or maybe Gotham City Imposters: /

Yeah, how

[member = 'Gefus'], don’t exaggerate. In fact, there weren't any good games at all.

B
Bogoroditsk 29.08.21

[member = 'CRYSIS1710'], War in the North was very

By the way, she pulled me in very much. 2 and a half times passed) 

M
MWorld II 29.08.21

[quote name = 'Charles Bronson' timestamp = '1384318969' post = '3720870'] WOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU !!! Former developer of the monolith on the ghafe peyshit: [/ quote]

add to the post: up:  

U
UnreaL 29.08.21

The Lead Designer of Red Dead Redemption is working on it!

https://twitter.com/ccantamessa/stat...53412673310721

Hooray!

WOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU !!!

raxrar san diego left without valuable picture

S
C
Charles 29.08.21

Graphite is not very ((

G
Gefus 29.08.21

blgNt7BuCes.jpg

mC3BXHc9sR0.jpg

a couple more

R
Rokudze 29.08.21

clearly current x-ray screenshots

B
Blank 29.08.21

The style of the PPC reminds of the war in the north

Modified Nov 16, 2013 by Blank

C
CRIMATOR 29.08.21

I no longer like stylistics (I want realism. 

L
Lex mercer 29.08.21

Do not care about the style, but personally I saw the second Witcher ... the main thing is that there were no rifts.

M
MWorld II 29.08.21

I like

L
Lex mercer 29.08.21

[quote name = 'MWorld II' timestamp = '1384607939' post = '3734123'] I like [/ quote]

eeeh, me too. 

J
Jordan. 29.08.21

while the screenshots are awesome

I no longer like stylistics (I want realism. 

what

N
Natalia_Oreiro 29.08.21

Details

The protagonist of Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, Talion, is a mixture of the ghost and the Ranger of the Black Gate, thanks to which he has unique abilities and sides. But do not rush to look for references to a ghost man in Tolkien's books - he simply is not there. The developers of the Monolith team decided to expand the existing lore and created certain conditions thanks to which such a hero as Talion appeared. 

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor takes place between the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, thus the game covers a period when Sauron's powers grow, however Mordor has not yet turned into a scorched wasteland. This does not mean that the region is covered with forests and lawns - it is also difficult for a person to survive here. 

Talion's wife and his son live not far from the dangerous Ranger's post, which becomes the reason for their death. The developers deliberately decided to use the Talion family as one of the key elements that will balance the development of the plot. 

Talion and his family are killed by Sauron's minions at the very beginning of Shadow of Mordor. However, instead of meeting them in the afterlife, Talion is tied to Middle-earth by a curse. He is revived when his essence is connected to the spirit. Why he is associated with him is as much a mystery to him as it is to the players. 

When Talion awakens from death, there is a spirit of vengeance in him. Now that he possesses the skills of a Ranger and the abilities of an immortal spirit, Talion travels to Mordor. With all this, he is able to see not only the ordinary world, but also what is usually hidden - the world of spirits.

This spirit and Talion himself are separate but exist in the same body. The spirit has its own character and its own motives, but they work together to achieve a common goal.

If you've seen the screenshots, you'll notice that Talion has a suspiciously familiar sword fragment in his hand. However, this is not Narsil, just a similar sword fragment that belonged to Talion's son. He uses it as a dagger for a stealth assassination.

"Dagger", sword and bow can be upgraded by killing orcs and collecting runes. 

Spirit Abilities:

The ability of Strike from the shadows - teleportation to the enemy to quickly kill or navigate the world The ability to stop the movement of the enemy, tying him to the ground Slowing down the time for aiming with a bow The ability to frighten enemies and subjugate

The latter ability will play an important role, since there will be a lot of enemies and they can simply crush with a mass. One way is to kill the leader of a group of opponents and instill fear in the ranks, destroying them piece by piece.

Talion can also scare enemies to such an extent that they will obey him. Thus, he can collect data on opponents or kill key enemies. 

As the game progresses, Talion and the spirit will discover the truth about what and why tied them together, and how all of this is woven into the overall history of Middle-earth.

The developers say that it is very important to understand how life events affect the character of the character - for better or worse. And how everything that happens to him can affect the world as a whole.

http://shazoo.ru/2013/11/16/18441/pervye-detali-middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor

E
Ergo 29.08.21

Monolith team developers decided to expand the existing lore

I knew that it would not do without it. Well, okay, if only the game was a success. Screenshots are nothing like that.

N
Natalia_Oreiro 29.08.21

New screenshots

1387204267-mesom-mordor.jpg

1387204267-mesom-wraith-abilities.jpg

1387204259-mesom-melee-combat.jpg

Details (in English):

[spoil] • Talion - Players take the form of Talion, a ranger who loses his family and everything he holds dear, only to be returned from death by a mysterious Spirit of vengeance.
Mordor

• Mordor - Set between The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor begins on the night of Sauron's return to Mordor, throwing the region into turmoil.

• Nemesis System - Discover a powerful and dynamic next-gen gameplay mechanic that allows players' actions to shape enemy relationships and characteristics, creating personal and unique stories and gameplay arcs that remain persistent even after death.

• Wraith abilities - Players command Wraith Powers to orchestrate and execute their vengeance to outwit enemies, infiltrate the ranks, and dominate within an adaptive world.

• Melee combat - A multitude of enemies will require different tactics, encouraging the player to advance their skills, abilities and weapons to become legendary through a system of rune rewards crafted according to the player's strategy.

About the game

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor delivers a dark story of retribution as players will assume the role of Talion, a ranger who loses everything on the night of Sauron's return to Mordor. As Talion's personal vendetta unfolds, players uncover the mystery of the Spirit that compels him, discover the origin of the Rings of Power and confront the ultimate nemesis.

With a dynamic next-gen game environment powered by the Nemesis System, players orchestrate their personal plan of vengeance as they bend Mordor to their will; ensuring a unique experience to all players. Every enemy players face is a unique individual, differentiated by their personality, strengths and weaknesses.

Enemy encounters create personal archenemies specific to every gameplay session. Players must outthink each distinctively different enemy to infiltrate the ranks and dominate within the dynamic world that remembers and adapts to their actions and choices.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Windows PC. [/ Spoil]

Modified December 17, 2013 by Wurz-7

m
mr.K 29.08.21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFgvvgGEpkQ

M
M0rr0 29.08.21

As I understand it, a fucking Diabla awaits us, and the monolith is again burying their talent in the mesosphere?

And not, assassin

And even deeper