3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Reverrius 31.08.21 10:31 pm

Game Impression (Beyond Eyes)

Beyond Eyes

A small art game from Team17.

The plot tells the story of a girl who has lost her eyesight and her faithful friend, a cat, who one day disappears somewhere. Despite the lack of sight, the main character decides to go in search of him.
Beyond Eyes is hard to compare. The closest analogs, at a stretch, are projects from Tale of Tales (such as The Graveyard or The Path). In short: we simply "follow the trail" of the cat, while the world around us takes shape only at the very approach to certain objects in it. The girl is also guided by sounds, but sometimes they can turn out to be false and lead not to what they initially seem. At this moment, one of the disadvantages of the game manifests itself - the heroine's movement is too slow.

But another disadvantage is much more serious: the developers did not manage to touch the player. Competent game design, good musical accompaniment, etc. could have given him a memorable emotional experience, but alas, it did not work out. And for "interactive art" masquerading as a game, this is the worst of the sentences.

In the end, I can only advise you to bypass this project with your eyes closed.

4/10
2 Comments
Sort by:
o
olecsander14_ 31.08.21

Not an ordinary game. Play as a blind girl has never happened before
10/10

N
NRaV 31.08.21

I will join the last review.
It's interesting to play. The ending touched me.