3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Y
Yarven1033 08.09.21 10:33 pm

Small Arms Differences (Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous)

Actually the question is what - from the description it is not really clear the advantages of a short bow over a long one, or a light crossbow over a heavy one. Are there such, or take big waves as soon as possible? There must be something: 3
8 Comments
Sort by:
M
Morgul515 14.09.21

the advantage of short bows is that such bows do not give a size penalty for short ones, they can be used without negative consequences by gnomes, halflings, dwarves and other small animals like Nok-Nok.
Well, their damage is less all the same.

A
Andrei YP 14.09.21

Yarven1033
Can't you see the difference in damage in weight, etc.? It's written in the description for any weapon.

Y
Yarven1033 14.09.21

That's why I asked myself a question, tk. the advantage in damage is obvious, what's the point of taking a light crossbow and a short bow (I thought there must be some slight advantage like "heavy bow takes longer to charge") ...

V
Vyacheslav Nasonov 14.09.21

In addition to the above, the short and light have a higher rate of fire.

X
Xmax1234 18.09.21

Yarven1033
I will just add that the agility characteristic does not give bonuses to damage, but only affects hitting the target and accuracy. Weapon handling skills are responsible for the damage indicators. But the strength characteristic is also partly responsible for the damage from the bow, but with a small amount of dexterity, the shooter will miss even at close range to the target. But for crossbows, it is absolutely not important what the character's strength is, its damage is static and therefore for characters who do not use weapons as the main source of damage (this is about casters, if anything), this type of weapon is the most optimal (until a staff with special effects is found and skills).

p
padrepepe 07.10.21

Xmax1234
Lanna has Wisdom Base Attack Modifier!

r
raspisnoy1 07.10.21

Xmax1234 you say the
truth ... somewhere at level 15 you interrupted all casters with crossbows

m
main1991 03.11.21

..... The short bow is designed for a shorter distance due to a reduced penalty to accuracy and skill and a higher rate of fire but reduced damage. The long bow is designed for a long distance, but with increased requirements for accuracy and skill, a slow rate of fire and more damage ... The same is with crossbows ...