3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Ely maze 08.09.21 11:18 pm

Internet setup help

And so I'll start from afar September 2 I turned off the light after switching on the internet writes "DNS server not found" I do not know how to fix it

if among you there are pros or computer wizard I accept your help

a couple of answers

1) Enter other dns
I should search automatically and yes entered from Google did not help

2) how did you write this topic if there is no
Internet I wrote from the phone Internet
52 Comments
Sort by:
k
kurskiy 08.09.21

Call technical support in any way? Campaign is their switch hung (or dead) somewhere. According to the background, it is very similar to this, as well as the error. And for starters, you can restart the router if you have not already done so.

E
Ely maze 08.09.21

kurskiy The
router rebooted

I called them on the 2nd, no one arrived, it's useless

k
kurskiy 08.09.21

Ely Maze
So they do not come to the client if there is a problem on their side, but they look at their equipment. But on the case: then, alas, no options. Is that "to clear your conscience" directly to the computer to connect, if there is the same error, then they have a problem (the main thing is that the mac-addresses match the computer and the router), if it works, then the router is dead.

E
Ely maze 08.09.21

kurskiy
They say that their router is working fine too

k
kurskiy 08.09.21

Ely Maze
Very strange, it never happens. Not to mention that asking to connect directly and other dances with a tambourine they had to offer. Their task is also to substantiate that everything works for them, but for some reason the subscriber does not. The subscriber has equipment - a computer, and a router, in fact. Everything else is the problem of the provider.

E
Ely maze 08.09.21

kurskiy

k
kurskiy 08.09.21

Ely Maze
That's understandable. So, if you plug the cable into your computer, does an exclamation mark appear? Precisely on the badge itself?

E
Ely maze 08.09.21

kurskiy
I have n’t tried it, but I don’t need it. I need Wi-Fi and Internet on my computer, I have a modem and a router

L
Len4ik00N 08.09.21

Ely Maze
Ely Maze wrote:
They say that everything is working fine for them too.
And how did you check that the router is working?

k
kurskiy 08.09.21

Ely Maze
So you need to check to rule out that there is a problem with the router.

E
Ely maze 08.09.21

Len4ik00N
kurskiy
Well, as the same bulbs burned there, so they burn, but the light on the modem does not light up where the inscription internet is so once margins and that's it

k
kurskiy 08.09.21

Ely Maze
Bulbs (indicators) are not always an indicator, except that the work (does not mean that it is necessarily correct) of the device itself. So it's better to try it directly and see the result.

E
Ely maze 08.09.21

kurskiy
Well, this tp link is reliable 32 thousand and he is not even 10 years old

And 4 years ago I just like the Internet broke down before the acquaintance quickly came there, but right now he left and all this is most likely the modem dropped it happens to him but I don’t know how to fix it

k
kurskiy 08.09.21

Ely Maze
I would argue about the reliability of Tp-link, especially which is "not even 10 years old", but not the point. Now the main thing is to exclude that the problem is in the router, so only a direct connection can more or less show what is there and how it really is. True, the mac addresses must match. By the way, do you have access to the router itself? What is there able to write?

E
Ely maze 08.09.21

kurskiy
Mm I didn’t check access to the router and I didn’t set it up, so I don’t know what’s there and how

k
kurskiy 08.09.21

Ely Maze
Okay, then it's even harder. Access is usually at 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 (the default address can be written on the back of the router). Login / password: admin / admin (if not changed, if changed, then to the one who set it up).

E
Ely maze 08.09.21

kurskiy

k
kurskiy 08.09.21

Ely Maze
So, it is already known that he does not receive settings. It remains to find out why, for this you still have to cut yourself straight and change the mac-address, or rather the last digit at the end (from C2 to C3).

E
Ely maze 08.09.21

kurskiy
I don't really want to dig in the wires. Is it possible to do something without disconnecting?

k
kurskiy 08.09.21

Ely Maze
Only summon the one who will not be scraped. What could have been done superficially has already been done.