3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
maxiczdoh 08.09.21 11:18 pm

Cossacks 2: Napoleon Wars Windows8.1 (and other games on the engine Cossacks 2) (Cossacks 2: Napoleon Wars)

Cossacks II windows 8 help
I tried many patch images, etc. Previously, it worked for Windows 7. And I launch the game, it, in turn, seems to want to boot. For a split second, a shortcut appears on the taskbar and then nothing happens. Cossacks 2 and Battle for Europe will not start.
On the Internet, workers dug up the first Cossacks. Again, the war under W8, everything works.
Cossacks 2 is my only rarity that does not work under W8 (license).
Game compatibility, driver compatibility, directx, deleting video files, running as administrator, and much more did not help. Technical support also threw up its hands (yes, it exists from this day)
19 Comments
Sort by:
L
LupizDoN 08.09.21

The same trouble with Windows 8.1 Update 1!

A
Alexander Shulga44 08.09.21

If anyone finds the answer, let me know

R
Revivva vivva 08.09.21

Alexander Shulga44
Yes, Cossacks: War again, the flight is normal on Win8.1, I can share ...

I
Icebreethe 08.09.21

Revivva Vivva Link
me if possible

F
Fantom 2.0 08.09.21

if anyone finds an answer I will be very grateful.

K
Kniazevsk2012 08.09.21

Revivva Vivva
help me please

R
RSK041291 08.09.21

Give me the link to download the Cossacks for windows8 / 1

S
Stiv Oyen 08.09.21

Found a way to run "Cossacks 2: Napoleonic Wars" on the eighth Windows! This error "Error | File: rsRenderSystemDX.cpp Line: 670" is no longer a hindrance! Watch the video on Youtube: www.youtube.com/ watch? V = IbPJtpGsvzE

A
Adam Beilin 08.09.21

7 d-sub eyelid range

P
Pycckuu_XAKEP 08.09.21

The Napoleonic Wars and the Battle of Europe are launched, but any launched skating rink, be it a campaign, the conquest of Europe, a skirmish or battles immediately freezes. Any
ideas on how to fix this?

S
Sweety_Mustard 08.09.21

Pycckuu_XAKEP
for such games has long ago stuck a virtual machine - there are Cossacks and Diablos and much more. Softina Oracle VM virtual box, put the xp wines, give her a couple of gigs of RAM and turn off the paging file in virtual Windows so that the hard does not suffer.
I ran the Napoleonic Wars on 8.1 through the 3d analyze program - but the first ones do not plow on it.

P
Pycckuu_XAKEP 08.09.21

Sweety_Mustard
and what settings did you set in 3d analyze?

S
Sweety_Mustard 08.09.21

I
don't remember Pycckuu_XAKEP any more - like "window mode" was enough; D At the same time, it was launched in full screen mode - even card emulation was not required, there were no lags.

P
Pycckuu_XAKEP 08.09.21

Sweety_Mustard
installed Windows XP, put Cossacks 2 there, but they don't start at all, what should I do?
Launched through the 3D analyzer, as you said, it seems like there is "force wirefame mode", that means it, right?
shorter, help as you can

S
Sweety_Mustard 08.09.21

Pycckuu_XAKEP
not, in the analysis it was the windowed mode that the tick was only needed - force windowed mode. No wireframe needed. Well, the launch of the software itself from the admin.
Win xp should run - run as administrator, try compatibility mode with millennium / 98 wines.

P
Pycckuu_XAKEP 08.09.21

Sweety_Mustard
launched a program from the admin
found and checked the force windowed mode checkbox
set the game compatibility with w 98 / Me the
game did not start at all, it just like on windows 8 - for a moment a black screen and everything
upd. you can send screenshots of how you did it, maybe I'm not catching up with something ...
I also launched the program in the same compatibility, it generally stuck

S
Sweety_Mustard 08.09.21

Pycckuu_XAKEP
It also depends on the version - do you have a Steam campaign? I launched the pirate Gold collection, from mechanics - you can also try Gogov's.

P
Pycckuu_XAKEP 08.09.21

Sweety_Mustard
I had a repack from the mechanics, there was a gold edition, and now the jubilee is
everywhere this problem, what is the gog edition, I don't know

P
Pycckuu_XAKEP 14.09.21

Sweety_Mustard
BROTHER, SHE EARNED, EARNED !!!
Installed the jubilee edition on wines 8.1 I
threw the following into the folder where engine.exe is located:
dplayx.dll
d3d8.dll
dxwnd.dll
launched the game as administrator, no compatibility