3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
Capellimestari 08.09.21 11:18 pm

Headset microphone. Input is always at 100%

Hello connoisseurs. He brought home from work such a usual headset, with one 3.5 mm jack. That is, not as before - one pink plug and one green one - but a single one, as for a phone. The computer has a corresponding socket; at work, the laptop also copes well with the headset.

Here's the problem: a home computer always sees a 100% maximum signal at the input. The picture is attached.

The microphone is visible to the system. The blue bar is always full - even when the microphone is turned off by the switch. There is sound in the headphones, and if you try to capture the sound, you get wild distortion.

I haven’t come across this before, and I don’t even know how to google the problem. Here I barely formulated.

Thank you for helping me figure it out.
2 Comments
Sort by:
L
Len4ik00N 08.09.21

Capellimesari
If there is no such problem with a different headset / microphone on this PC, when connected through the same input, it means that the pinouts of the headset plug and the input to the PC or their sizes do not coincide a little. If the latter, then you can try to insert the plug a little not completely.

C
Capellimestari 08.09.21

Len4ik00N
Thanks for the answer. Pulling the plug mechanically is probably the first thing an ordinary user can do.

Found a solution to my own problem.

I googled my motherboard, went to the manufacturer's website and found a section with firewood and software specifically for my model. Among other things, there was the Realtek Audio Driver. I didn’t disconnect the headset, it’s important. I rolled firewood on the sound - and everything worked miraculously, the computer and the headset became friends!

The topic can be closed, but I will ask the admins not to delete it, suddenly someone will google something similar.