3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
ANDxDNA 09.09.21 12:33 am

Isolated game and stream launch

The idea came to increase the bitrate of the stream and the work of the game together with OBS, to enable them in isolation. That is, apart from all unnecessary processes, only stream and play. Question ... Can this be done? If so, how?
1 Comments
Sort by:
V
Vitaliuz 14.09.21

It's not even about "isolation" (although filler processes in general are evil, yes), and even not so much in the power of what you will record (percent / vidyuha) - as in the recording settings. With more or less normal settings, the bitrate will not have to be too high. But on the other hand, you will also need the appropriate hardware (or a capture card) so that there are no lags of the stream itself.
And if you raise the stream bitrate very strongly, then you will already need to look towards the provider's upload and reception by the streaming service (if there is no conversion to resolution / bitrate lower on it), which may not be enough.

If you raise the resolution higher, you will have to increase the bitrate in order not to lose the sharpness of the picture, and this will also impose a limitation on the hardware (and even put FPS in the game if you record through a percentage, and it does not have enough power / streams).

I would advise you to stream in a resolution close to the "average for the region", since in this case less bitrate will be needed - and therefore the upload (and ping if you play network games) and the hardware will be calmer, and you will cover a larger number of viewers, so as not everyone looks from top-end devices through a good Internet.

The golden rule here is to put a picture that is good in quality, but at the same time will not lag / buffer (for the viewer) even on the calculator.
You put 120 fps in 4k with a bitrate of 100 megabits - yes, the picture will be good, but few people will be able to watch it.
You put 30 fps in 360p with a bitrate of 100 kilobits - yes, absolutely everyone will be able to watch, but they are unlikely to do this, since the quality will not be so hot.
And ideally working and "clean" (in terms of compression artifacts) 720p will be much more preferable for viewing than the cluttering and "dirty" 1080p, as I see it.

I once decided to slightly raise the bitrate (although that was enough - about 4300 + 192 sound at 720p / 60), and people wrote to me on the contrary so that I lowered it a little (although not that much raised - up to 4800 + 192 sound) , since people occasionally began to buffer (they did not have enough Internet). These are the pies with kittens.