3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Anton Revyakin 14.09.21 12:32 am

Processor overheating (Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous)

Nobody faced the problem of excessive heating of the processor in this particular game? The problem was noticed in the market square, and the FPS there drops terribly with shadows!
14 Comments
Sort by:
A
Andrei YP 14.09.21

Anton Revyakin
Perhaps the problem is in your hardware or it's time to service it, or perhaps it is rather weak and you need to lower the graphics settings. For example, my computer in this game is strained even less than in the first part and there were no problems whatsoever.

A
Anton Revyakin 14.09.21

Andrei YP
Yes, everything is fine with the hardware 3950x c 3090 16 GB of ssd RAM, in other more graphically complex games there are no problems, the same baldurs gate is played stably and the percentage does not warm up above 65 degrees, but my cyberpunk heats up the computer less, and this is to unfortunately not sordid. I just want to normally play a cool RPG, but do not care about FPS drawdowns, here the percentages are fried, and the load is 40 percent, this interferes with enjoying the game.

Y
YouCantStopMe 14.09.21

Anton Revyakin I
agree, cyberpunk is just resting compared to this game. here 4 cyberpunk stuffed as if. developed in optimization do not know how

M
Marsj 14.09.21

If the temperature of 3950x does not exceed 95 degrees, then it's all right. If it is too hot, then there is a limitation of frames for this. Start at 30 fps and then look at the temperature dynamics.

I
IngwardIn 14.09.21

Anton Revyakin
So it's not about the graphics, but about the number of objects and NPCs that need to be drawn. And the quality of the graphics is taken over by VK.
It was worth writing what temperatures are reached.
And speaking about the characteristics, it was worth pointing out the CO that is worth.
But apparently the game really has problems with optimization, if you want to lower the temperature, you will need to unscrew certain parameters that are responsible for the load on the processor.

A
Anton Revyakin 14.09.21

IngwardIn Computer
specs Ryzen 3950
Cooling noctua nh-d15 chromax black

Rtx 3090 msi suprime
MSI MEG X570 Unify
Crucial Ballistix MAX 16 gb
WD Black SN750 1tb

Windows 10

A
Anton Revyakin 14.09.21

The only thing I did in the risen master was to turn off the multithreading simulation, the temperature dropped from 80+ to 73-76

A
Anton Revyakin 14.09.21

The second problem of vidyuha with shadows does not cope with this, of course, this is nonsense, and so far it only concerns the market area, with shadows, medium or high FPS drops - 15-20 FPS, I cut off the shadows all FPS norms are normal.

A
Andrei YP 14.09.21

Anton Revyakin
I don’t know, something is wrong with you. I have an older percent FX-8350 and video RX 580 - no problems whatsoever. Still, heed the advice, try turning on the FPS limiting, lowering some graphics settings. Honestly, in this game, the difference in the beauty of the graphics is not particularly noticeable between medium and high settings.

YouCantStopMe
IngwardIn
I did not notice any problems with optimization in this game, on the contrary, it is much better in this regard compared to the first part, even the locations are loaded quickly.

b
baklaha 14.09.21

Anton Revyakin
There are 2 options:
1. You forgot to remove the protective film from the CPU cooling radiator

2. The case where the system is installed has poor air exchange, change the case or add / change the fans. This was clarified from my own experience. The video card consumes a lot, and the air from the case was blown out badly.

A
Anton Revyakin 14.09.21

baklaha
And what about other demanding games in which all the rules are with temperature?)

d
dobro4insky 14.09.21

Anton Revyakin
Throw pictures of temperatures, very interesting to look)

A
Anton Revyakin 14.09.21

e
epic light 04.05.22

Trainer to remove the "fog of war" when activated, drapes FPS from 40% and above, it helps to turn off the trainer and restart the game. It’s also worth turning off reflections, there’s little visual sense, but it eats exorbitantly ... In general, OwlCats don’t have smart engineers for the Unity engine, so that the visual from PS3 scores GTX 1080 by 100% - well, you know, this is overkill)))