3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
axmad 14.09.21 12:48 am

Usb wire

Can be on sale a wire usb 3.2 to usb 3.2. Otherwise, it is not convenient to always insert a USB flash drive into the back of the case.
25 Comments
Sort by:
k
kurskiy 14.09.21

There are definitely extension cords at 3.0, I have not met at 3.2.

R
Ryazancev 14.09.21

axmad
Che, I doubt that in your flash drive, the speed is such as to bother with this kind of question. You check its speed first, and then look from the side of this new standard. Most often, this marketing is very different from reality. And regarding the search for wires, this is only for Alik. I myself was recently looking for an adapter from microSD to SD UHS-II, in Russia there is no such exotic thing! Here, in general, finding a good DP 1.4 is a problem (Or HDMI fresh). The prices for these wires are inadequate!
If possible, let's take a look at the PAPU connector. Maybe This is 3.2 Type Xi? There are plenty of them for sale.

K
KENIG_39 14.09.21

Ryazancev
Bought this one somewhere 2 months ago, and there were no problems with the choice as it is now)) HDMI cable - HDMI GEMBIRD (CCBP-HDMI8K-3M), plug-plug, HDMI 2.1, 8K UHD 60 Hz, metal connectors, Premium Series, length - 3 meters

a
axmad 14.09.21

Now what about the wire. can be found or?

a
axmad 14.09.21

clearly written usb 3.2 gen 1

b
barabear 14.09.21

axmad
They are on sale, but you need to look for them in shops that carry goods from foreign sites. ...

a
axmad 14.09.21

Something we didn’t find. Maybe there is a link or links?

y
yuriko1158 14.09.21

axmad
you do not need to take the same wire as written. 3.2 means that there is support for this standard.
wire is enough for 3.0. And the motherboard must support this 3.2 ...
more precisely, the chip responsible for transferring data via USB.
First, check the USB flash drive for recording / playback, on your PC. If it gives out the declared ones, then feel free to take wire 3.0. that's enough.

R
Ryazancev 14.09.21

yuriko1158
That's what I wrote. First, check, and then conclude about the lack of bandwidth of the interface with the wire - LOGIC!

a
axmad 18.09.21

We found this https://www.aten.com/ru/ru/products/usb-%D0%B8-thunderbolt-%D1%83%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D0%BE%D0 % B9% D1% 81% D1% 82% D0% B2% D0% B0 / usb-% D1% 83% D0% B4% D0% BB% D0% B8% D0% BD% D0% B8% D1% 82% D0% B5% D0% BB% D0% B8 / ue3315a /

k
kurskiy 18.09.21

axmad
Yes, a 15-meter cable should be enough. But if the mother is still ASRock Z370 Taichi, as it was in April, then there is no 3.2 slot, only 3.0 and one 3.1. So there will be no sense from it.

R
Ryazancev 18.09.21

axmad
Dear Ahmad. USB 3.0 standard with support for up to 5 Gigabits, which = (5000/8) 625 megabytes per second.
Take another look at the theoretical numbers on the box of your flash drive, if it is difficult to measure yourself.
There is such an assumption that all these flash drives are for Suckers. I myself got carried away, I bought it for Fotik (Fotik really needs very fast drives for serial shooting, preferably XQD) UHS-2. I did not see the declared speed when reading In general (40-45 MB instead of 285 MB) With a company reader.

a
axmad 18.09.21

Let's admit. If there is no cable for 3.2. why not on 3.1. All that everyone saw at 3.0, but 3.0, the speed will be lower than 3.1. and yet, with the cable it is easier, you do not need to climb under the table every time. Find and no problem.

P
Pavel rally 26.09.21

axmad
According to Wikipedia, your flash drive is equal in speed to USB 2.0, I explain, the speed will rest against the flash drive, take the 3.0 cable and do not worry.

a
axmad 26.09.21

a
axmad 26.09.21

Is this good or bad?

k
kurskiy 26.09.21

axmad
This means that even a regular 2.0 cable will fit. It won't work faster anyway.

a
axmad 26.09.21

the cable was included with Monica, for more than 2 years they did not know about its existence, they connected it to Monica via type B

k
kurskiy 26.09.21

axmad
USB cable is meant. The usual USB 2.0 extension cable is enough so as not to stick it into the system unit every time. Anyway, this flash drive is faster than 2.0 does not work according to its characteristics. That's clearer?

S
SonyK_2 26.09.21

axmad
axmad wrote:
Is it good or bad?
This is USB 3.0. But if the flash drive has a cache (faster memory) and it is equal to or larger than the size of the file being tested (128 MB on the screen), the program will show not the real speed of the main memory chips, but the speed of the cache. The larger the size of the tested file (by default, the program is set to 1 GB), the more likely it is that it shows the real speed.
If you plan to use a cable, you need a normal USB 3.0 (or higher) and connect to the same port. If the cable (or port) is USB 2.0, the speed will be limited by its bandwidth.

kurskiy
kurskiy wrote:
... even a regular 2.0 cable will do. It won't work faster anyway.
USB 2.0 has a theoretical speed of up to 60 Megabytes per second = 480 Megabits per second. Its device has a reading speed (if the program does not lie) ~ 414 Megabytes / sec = ~ 3312 Megabits / sec. How can an interface designed for 480 Megabits / s provide a speed of ~ 3300 Megabits / s?
... a USB flash drive faster than 2.0 does not work according to its characteristics ...
Judging by the screen, CrystalDiskMark is working (if it is not the speed of the cache). USB standard speed table in the post above:
https://forums.playground.ru/hardware/provod_usb-1005800/#comment-19060443