3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Podvipodvertov 25.09.21 08:42 pm

Why do developers rivet patches? (Cyberpunk 2077)

I went through this game and deleted it, I did not find any bugs and glitches, apparently the patches of the first days more or less made this game playable, and I saw a completely comfortable gameplay. The game is not bad, but the Witcher 3 did not overshadow it for me.

Here's what's interesting to me - these are all these patches, for whom are they? I don’t even know that the developers should bring such a cardinal thing to this game, so that I, for example, would like to go through it again?
Improve the animation, add new guns, clothes, the ability to go to some nooks where you can't get there before? This is all very little, and there is no reason to go through this game again.
So what are all these patches for? Who needs it? Everyone who was interested has already passed this game for a long time, deleted it and play other games.

It's just that when I passed this game, I went through everything there, I completed all the side effects, I attended all the events, well, I ran to the maximum wherever possible. And one gets the feeling that 50% of the game was stupidly cut and removed, and not for future additions, but was cut initially.
Even the main storyline is banal, when I got to the ending, I went nuts, because it felt like I only passed 30% of the plot, and this is the end. As if the creators said "We have little time, let us tell you a quick story and then go about our business" - that's what I had when I finished the game.
And that's what all these patches are for now, what do they want to say with them?
9 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pavel rally 25.09.21

Podvipodvertov
Patches are riveted to eliminate glitches and bugs :)

k
kurskiy 25.09.21

Patches are made to fix bugs and improve the technical part, and for "once again I wanted to go through it" they usually add DLC.

D
DreamGothic 25.09.21

Why did you create this theme? Here is the answer to your question. Hmm.

S
Setesh 25.09.21

Pavel Rally
Yes, there were no glitches and bugs, that's just the point, so the question of TSa also arises

R
Radamel Falcao 26.09.21

You didn't have Podvipodvertov , but most did. I also went through almost from the start, but I don’t believe that there were no bugs with the first patches. The Witcher has the latest version 1.31, it seems, so the games on the patches are equal. But cyberpunk still needs to be repaired in order to somehow wash away the release shame

J
Janekste 29.09.21

There are really no critical bugs and glitches in the PC version. Well, that is, there are bugs, but they are not critical. The bulk of serious problems and complaints in the early days of release are console versions. And so far, to this day, the console version is the worst. If it were not for the console, then there would be many fewer dissatisfied people.

Who are these patches for? For me, for example. I still play. I like cyberpunk. And when the story DLCs come out, then you get an excuse to redo.

For comparison. The main plot of The Witcher 3 also lacks stars from the sky. There is nothing in it for which I would be willing to replay the game. But the Witcher 3 has top-notch DLC in quality that is better than the main game. Exclusively these DLCs for me are a reason to sometimes re-enter The Witcher 3. If there were no DLC, I would have forgotten about the Witcher 3 long ago. I think cyberpunk will also have the same high-quality DLC, thanks to which I will return to the game years later.

The cyberpunk plot was deliberately shortened by the developers. This has been known for a long time. After all, the plot of The Witcher 3 went to the end of a few gamers. And even the plot of The Witcher 2, very few people went through the whole, because there you have to go through the game 2 times in order to see the whole plot. And this is almost 80 hours. Few have done this. Therefore, the developers decided to shorten the length of the main cyberpunk plot. And they did the right thing!

I don't have the feeling of being cut down on the game. In general, cyberpunk is perceived as a completed project in terms of the main plot. But if you don't have enough, then the plot hooked you and you would like more. This suggests that you did not have time to get tired of the plot by the end of the game. What a priori means in your case that the developers did everything right in terms of the main plot.

B
BlackTigerTK 29.09.21

Janekste wrote:
There are really no critical bugs and glitches in the PC version.
Oh sure. Except that Judy flew away in the church to God knows where and made the quest completely impassable. And so, of course, there were no critical bugs and no ...

P
Protocol10 29.09.21

As if for a free that play game of the Polish level, the toy is generally well optimized. Maybe in 25-30 years they will be able to issue a project of the level of gta 5 or some other clone.

D
Denis g 29.09.21

Janekste wrote:
Who are these patches for? For me, for example. I still play. I like cyberpunk. And when the story DLCs come out, then you get an excuse to redo.
So they left already. A couple of jackets and a wheelbarrow. Well, what else can be done in 10 months.
Those who are waiting for interesting DLs on this game can only be regretted. The authors have made a variable, but invariably poor set of end substitutes that do not imply a continuation of the plot. This means that the plot dlts, if there are any, will be about some Vasya Pupkin, who will also die at the end, after ten hours of pointless grind.