3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sairis1 26.09.21 05:37 pm

Map Editor (Heroes of Might and Magic 4)

We discuss all issues related to the creation of a new map.
8 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sairis1 26.09.21

1. How to make the card playable?
2.How to create quests?

t
trimmm 26.09.21

Place 1 city for one color and 2 cities for 2 colors (everything else is trivia) - and you can play.
Quests - it's more difficult here - launch the editor, launch a ready-made map, preferably the one on which you played, and see how smart people did quests there.

PS: my personal opinion is that the editor built into the game is simplified and it is difficult to make maps with it, namely it takes a lot of time. I haven’t looked for a better editor on the Internet, but I haven’t heard anything like it either.

C
Cateador 26.09.21

How do you make the card playable? the map editor is, of course, cool - but in order to create at least a medium-sized map with all sorts of troubles, you need to spend a lot of time - I only created a couple of small maps at one time - they turned out to be free, after that all desire disappeared :(
How to create quests? there you put some thread of a casebue with a quest (well, where there is a category of "buildings" in the buildings menu, it seems that there you choose any one, put it on the map, and then go into its properties the mood you need to bring and what will be the hero for this .. it seems so, it was a long time ago, I have forgotten the exact names)

g
ghost_98 26.09.21

I created a quest, but the game crashed. Pirate ..

A
A.Soldier of Light 26.09.21

Once upon a time I tried to create some kind of addition with a banal plot. There were so many mistakes and inaccuracies that it took a long time to finish and redo, and to discard individual ideas altogether due to the complexity of implementation in the game. By the way, I didn't draw maps "from scratch" (for a long time), it was easier to just take some standard ones and significantly alter them. Expansion "The world" (see files here) is the first attempt to create something for Heroes 4. Not the best, of course, work. There is a second addition, but it has not yet been released. All hands do not reach to complete it. After all, constant checks are needed ... that is, passing from scratch. And this is not a task for half an hour.

S
Smallgatus 26.09.21

people i have a problem with the editor. I downloaded 4 heroes from the Internet, I went into the editor in the game folder and there is no object painter there, that is, if I need to put a forest, I need to drag one tree from a set of objects, and this takes a lot of time, especially if the map is large. can someone suggest what is the matter and how to solve this problem? and is there anyone else with such a problem or am I "the only one in this world"?

by the way, here's another problem I came across. I need to create an event that would remove one of the heroes in the player's army or teleport one of the heroes to a specified location. It can be done?

H
Harbinger265 26.09.21

There is a section on events in the editor help. There are even examples, like.

If I need to put a forest, I need to drag one tree from a set of objects, and this takes a lot of time, especially if the map is large.

Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V works pretty well.

Q
Qward1528 26.09.21

The process of creating a map in the editor is quite an interesting, wonderful business, but if you want to play on the network, then you can completely generate random (random) maps using the program:
https://www.playground.ru/heroes_of_might_and_magic_4/file/heroes_of_might_and_magic_4_lah4_cherny_cherny_cherny_chariya_channel_character_4_lah4_cher -1141076