3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DreamGothic 07.10.21 09:34 pm

(Spoilers) Correct ending? Reasoning (Cyberpunk 2077)

Hello everyone! I wanted to share my thoughts on the endings, and on those that, in my opinion, are correct.
I played Cyberpunk for 278 hours, the world is wiped out.
Completed all quests.
All chips have been read.
Female character. Corporation. An affair with Judy. Therefore, I will talk about V, in the feminine gender.
And everything like that. In general, let's get started.

First, I want to describe the endings that I will be discussing. Short. In my opinion - there are three of them, the rest is bullshit.

1) Alt Ending - Vee hands over Johnny's body and leaves with Alt. Why this is her ending - I will explain below.
2) Johnny's ending - Vee goes into a solo attack on Arasaka, at the end he remains in his body.
3) The ending V - V asks for help from the nomads, at the end remains in his body.

Ending Alt.
Why exactly her ending? I thought a lot about Alt, what her motives are, why when V asks what to do, she offers the option to leave Johnny's body and leave with her. Why does she need V? It's simple. V is a daring and unpredictable mercenary, difficult to manipulate. Johnny, on the other hand, could have been a valuable ally among the living. It seems to me that Alt is lying about V's death in half a year, I will justify why in V's ending below. Yes, and giving Johnny's body is nonsense, it's just a fakap of everything V went to. It was easier to score on everything, and just wait for Johnny to capture the body. In addition, remember what Gary said, namely that souls, that is, digitized personalities, should not enter cyberspace and join Alt, thereby replenishing her "hellish army". I dare to assume that Alt is the main villain of the Cyberpunk universe, and she will remind of herself. That's why, she shouldn't believe that Vee will die if she regains her body. Alt is no longer Alt, perhaps she has been swallowed up by some powerful AI, and uses her image and memory. Think of Dalamayne, who copied the image of one of the leaders, and Delamaine, the character.

Johnny's ending.
Pointless ending. Someone will say why, everyone is alive, no one died, it's still good! No shit. Johnny's ending implies that V will kiss his butt the whole game in order to achieve synchronization. And this means that V is already losing himself as a person, simply because he agrees with this terraruga in everything. Well, rile nonsense, I can't take this ending, just because my V is obliged to agree with Johnny in everything, and take pills that harm V, so that this one ... can have fun with Bestia and his friends. His problems are not V's problems! Vee is also a person, and she must think about her survival, and not about the desires of the terraruga that he loved for his life.

Vee's ending.
The most perfect one. Not because V supposedly "can survive" because Panama promised to find someone who would help, and there are no hints that V died, even in the credits they talk about her in the present, and not in the past tense, as in other endings. And - V has found a family. This is probably the most important thing. She is not left alone after the events in Mikoshi, as in other endings. This is the ending of the soul, because the family is the soul of any person, it is the goal. In addition, V perfectly remembers everything and realizes himself as a person, in contrast to the same ending of Arasaki. And the main thing! If V is in an affair with Judy, she will call her on the answering machine and say a few nice words. And that she is not yet used to expressing emotions differently and thus expresses them to V, so that she would later see. And in the moment of his dialogue, V calls Judy for breakfast! And Judy hangs up.

Why do I think V is alive? Yes, everything is obvious. In other endings, V is always spoken of in the past tense, as if she had died. This means that the time has passed clearly more than six months. The conclusion is obvious. This is of course my theory, but in my opinion, everything is going too logical. Perhaps Panam and V have found a way to save V. Well, or as I wrote in the ending Alt - V was simply deceived and she did not die. And one more theory: few people probably paid attention to why V throws out the amulet-amulet. Because V and Panam have already found a "cure", and V says "It's cool! We're going home to Panam!" Where to go home? They just left, and they themselves do not know where exactly. I dare to assume that some time has already passed, V and Panam found a new home, they just did not show it to us, they hid it from inattentive eyes, so to speak. And "home" is at that m

That's all. Wow, it seems to have been relieved. In any case, V's ending is, in my opinion, the most correct one. Even if V nevertheless dies, but she dies in the bosom of her family, with a loved one, few people in Night City reach this stage. :)
17 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sеht 07.10.21

DreamGothic Quite
interesting thoughts in my opinion. Though in some places I do not quite agree. And do not pay attention to the cons, this is pg

D
Denis g 28.10.21

DreamGothic wrote:
Even if V nevertheless dies, but she dies in the bosom of her family
. :)

R
Radamel Falcao 28.10.21

DreamGothic
does not have a normal ending in the game. the final is open, so after passing through you always return to the quest "for whom the bell tolls", and the state of health (where the reputation in the National Assembly and the progress of relations with Johnny) freezes at around 40%. you, in addition to the options Star and Sun, forgot to mention the Devil, as well as suicide. In any case, V is a dead man, and after Deshawn's shot, and neither the best NS reapers (they are the best in the world) according to the lore of the game itself, nor Alt, who kills the murderer with a murderer to extract the chip, and she herself says that those killed by the murderer are no longer people nor Arasaka (who can do anything) cannot save Vee.
Upd: The credits show calls to the already deceased (s), so V does not answer lol

D
DreamGothic 03.11.21

Radamel Falcao
Um, he played the game badly and inattentively. Once I did not notice how V invites Judy to have breakfast during the call, in the ending Star, and she called V's answering machine to record her "confession". Yeah, dead V in the background called for supper, or rather breakfast. Lol.

R
Radamel Falcao 03.11.21

DreamGothic
I Judy is not just romances and passed over the man's character at all. spend a lot of hours (278 like some) for such insignificant nonsense, I see no point, especially if all the endings are available during the first playthrough

D
DreamGothic 03.11.21

Radamel Falcao
Either you are lying, or, as I wrote, you played carelessly. Well, either I don't know. In the ending Star, again, for the male character, Panam calls V and says that he would wait for her in the camp, that as the storm ends, she will return. Return to the corpse? Stop lying already. The only ending where V dies is Alt and suicide. In the rest, V's fate is unknown.

Or do you still say V dies at the end of the Sun in space? Let's. In general, I probably won't answer, just because it will be too lazy, I already realized that PG is a vine trolling byte, they don't discuss lore games here, they put downsides and troll such "superintelligences" like you.

R
Radamel Falcao 10.11.21

DreamGothic
dies in space because the mission is suicidal. when you go through the game you need to listen to the dialogues. V was killed by a bullet to the head. Engineer Arasaki (can't remember the name) says that the nervous system is destroyed. If anyone could help, then only Alt with his murderer, but she also says that V is the same number as Silverhand, and the soul has long been in heaven. Wipe your eyes and spend another 200+ hours to figure it out

R
Radamel Falcao 10.11.21

DreamGothic
people and you were not embarrassed that in the ending the Star is the other half of V anyway throws? not? the ending Sun is about nomads lol. hicks that cannot fight off a gang of homeless people will save gg, krinzh

e
ewhentus 24.11.21

Rebzi, what determines which character V will end up with in the end? If you don't give Johnny's body, of course. For example, if you stir up for a man at the same time as Panam and Kerry, or for a girl with Judy and River, how to understand who will eventually be a couple for you and call your soul mate in the end credits and accompany with pleasantries?

j
johncon 24.11.21

ewhentus
Whoever you call on the roof, so then you will be ...

I
Ivan Sinitic 24.11.21

DreamGothic
Well, in general, the scenes during the credits with Judy and Panama just take place while vie is alive, his only chance of survival is either to leave the viola, or to digitize from arasaki, he either saves his life, losing his soul in any case, or saves my soul, dying in the end

S
Stalker608 09.12.21

DreamGothic
I took the "devil" ending. my conscience did not torment me, and I consider it canonical for myself. as a canon for myself, I can only accept the ending where Johnny takes control, I don't like the rest. they show allegedly V's "victory" and victory over "evil", but I just don't believe in that. as the radio presenter says, "Night City is still standing still," nothing good or bad has happened for him, the city will continue to live its own life.
about vi, the ending is the devil, where the wee flies back to the ground as open as possible, and it is in this ending that he is freed from the shackles of the past. From johnny, from Alt, from Arasaki. now he can really do anything - become a mercenary, go to the gentlemen, to Judy, whoever he wants. and in the scene where he looks on the ground, the maximum sense of the senses, it is clear that he decides to change his life, to start from scratch. the rest are not finished in this sense. "star" - the arasaka pesters him anyway, the Sun - Alt may pester him and again the search for something in the desert.
Johnny - well, he is also the main character, and in the end where he takes the body, he also gets harmony in the end.

D
Denis g 09.12.21

I don’t know if we played different games, or some enthusiasts stupidly skipped the dialogues. Vee flies back to Earth in order to die in a few months from the very disease, which was the main task of the game to cure, letting the player understand that one and a half hundred hours of stupid grinding in the final did not lead to anything at all, and the whole plot is a dull dummy.
There is no question of any new life there. One of the most meaningless ending leaks for games I've ever seen in game history. There is more sense from being sent to the desktop - at least it saves time on credits.
I consider Alt + F4, Uninstall the canonical ending for this Polish "masterpiece". And apparently, many players absolutely agree with this interpretation.

S
Stalker608 09.12.21

Denis G
you, in addition to your own destiny, decide a number of fates of other characters, death itself is only in the ending of suicide, others cannot tell you an unambiguous answer. besides, 6 months can be lived in different ways, why live all your life, if you can die right away?

D
Denis g 09.12.21

Stalker608
The other characters in this game are easy to sit on, they are as uninteresting as possible, and most are on the screen for only a few minutes. Yes, and you can count them on the fingers of one hand, and a three-fingered Martian one.
As for death, yes, in fact there is only one with an immediate gamer. In all other years, it remains in the final of the game in exactly the same situation as at the beginning - i.e. slowly dying of an incurable problem. All the player's efforts are poured down the toilet. Quite a decent result for one and a half hundred hours of frankly dull gameplay and grind.
I tried offhand to remember at least one game in the last 20 years with the same final ending, where in general the whole plot was about nothing and did not lead anywhere - and could not. So far, this masterpiece is an undoubted champion in this matter. Even in Tetris, the ending is more logical, motivating and rewarding for your efforts.

A
Alexey Dark 09.12.21

Stalker608
This you correctly noted, plus few people still note, but in the game more than once in the advertisement it is mentioned about nanorobots capable of treating neuro diseases, repairing brains, so to speak, although they are as expensive as ass, maybe V will get them.
After all, there is still becoming a legend of Night City

D
Denis g 09.12.21

Alexey Dark
If the game is downloaded from a torrent, then this argument can and does work.
If the game is bought as a full-fledged AAA project - no "maybe" instead of the ending of the plot fuck is not necessary.
This is a dangerous precedent, and I hope the Poles will get rid of the lulls properly, otherwise, more and more often, various lazy cattle will sell raw, unfinished and cut pieces of the game for full price.
This parachute had to be immediately labeled "in early access." Then there would be no questions about the broken plot or megatons of bugs. For some time.