3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Awoken13 07.10.21 09:39 pm

Strange video card behavior

Hello forum! Recently faced such a problem. The video card stopped working adequately after the "blinking light". The load remained as it was, but the temperatures began to rise very quickly, which led to card throttling. Of course, I will not give screenshots, but in the conditional LoL, if earlier the entire skating rink could be 140fps without drawdowns, now, due to overheating, after 10 minutes it is simply unplayable, everything freezes and jumps fps from 10 to 40. Having looked in the task manager, I noticed such a thing - in the game, the load is 100% wild (even in the most undemanding Titan Quest) and temperatures rise very quickly. What to do about it?
Video card - GTX 1050 2GB from gigabyte single section. The cooler began to make a lot of noise, but this is a long time ago. The card has been in use for 5 years, the thermal paste was changed for the last time at the beginning of September, before that it was stable once a year.
8 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 07.10.21

it is worth looking at what frequency it works, whether it works at all with the help of monitoring by the type of msi afterburner and whether there is a mining virus of some kind,
we can certainly assume that after a voltage surge something in the card has gone out and burned out and now the card is working with some kind of voltage breakdown.
well, or the thermal grease is poorly smeared or inappropriate if the card yells and problems started after it was replaced.

A
Awoken13 07.10.21

MunchkiN 616
Problems began after power outages. There are no miners, because the card is loaded by 1-2 percent in idle, the stress test of Aida showed that the card heats up 7 minutes before the wild 96 degrees. The card itself works, but with wild loads and overheating in games in a short period of time. Its operating frequency is 1400-1600 MHz, but throttling drops to 400 MHz at a temperature of 96 degrees

b
bloomm 07.10.21

Awoken13
Well EPT change the thermal paste again =) We can at that moment it dried up from fright.

P
Pavel rally 07.10.21

Awoken13
If you force to limit fps to 60?

I
IngwardIn 07.10.21

Awoken13
What about the turntables? Do they even spin? Alternatively, reset the card settings in the autoberner to default and look again.
Awoken13 wrote: The
cooler started to make a lot of noise, but this is a long time ago.
And lol .... well, it's worth a try anyway.

And so ... for the general picture, I wonder what PSU is worth?

A
Awoken13 07.10.21

IngwardIn
PSU from Chieftec iArena for 500-600 watts seems to cost, and there is a suspicion that the bearing inside has become bad (40mm spinner), or that, but it sounds like a fierce tractor.
Now I sin that either the power supply unit supplies the wrong voltage to the video card, or it's time to learn how to farm a 120mm turntable on the card (there is no way to buy a card even on the used market at the moment)

k
ksasha97 07.10.21

By the way, heating can go on if the power phases of the card are burnt, mine died something like this

I
IngwardIn 07.10.21

Awoken13
You can order suitable turntables on alika, and in some stores they are probably sold as well.
With turntables, if troubles, then they will stand wobbly on the axis, well, it will probably be clear from the sensations.
If the card has already been sorted out, I would have looked inside for interest, suddenly something really burned out.