3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
D78L Secret 05.11.19 03:18 am

Sorry, if you've ever bought a gaming laptop?

Is it worth buying a gaming laptop? Many complain about the noise of the fan is heated like an oven, etc.
You can buy a top-end Alienware or acer predator x 21 .
31 Comments
Sort by:
w
warp 37 05.11.19

Is as a Supplement to the stationary PC. But it is not necessary, as the basic platform.

I
Invisible Sun 05.11.19

As the basis is not very good, decided not to take and I am glad that PC is.

O
OakSorcerer 05.11.19

Thousand 200 will be the norm, with a full 1080й that thread. But the question is - why? If you often ride in the world, you will certainly have by the way, if from home to work, or even home work - makes no sense whatsoever.

D
Dragon Land 05.11.19

better take this laptop MSI GT83VR 7RF, though the price is biting, but for convenience you have to pay 7.047 $
Spoiler

D
DreamFAW 05.11.19

If you buy msi (recently on ixbt the review which is was) or asus with a vaporization chamber, the bask will not be 70-80 degrees in the tests, this is turboboost, without which the temperature would be even lower. Only these laptops are worth about 150 thousand. If you constantly move, then maybe it makes sense a gaming laptop to take.
A year and a half ago entered the masters had to study in a different city, bought a new laptop from Lenovo for 50 Grand, do not for gaming, but simply in the hope that better components will last longer. i5 gtx850m and for the price it's expensive of course, but the course now so, what to do. So, study norms, if you replace HDD to ssd. Games - not at all. There are games, and the old, from which the laptop heats up to 90 degrees and above, the first FarCry for example (the FIRST one, CARL!!!). It is also despite the fact that turboboost off, and the frequency percent cut very strongly in the power supply. Thermal paste changed, there is a cooling pad. Fan yells hard, not very comfortable.
In Tanchiki drive or Gothic - it will be enough. But in most games (even old), is strongly heated. And I try not to play if the temperature is above 75. What is particularly disappointing, Dark Souls 2, original Skyrim, Fallout 3/New Vegas go smoothly at maximum speed, but heats up :( Now really regret not taking some cheap laptop, thousands of 25, 50, because he's clearly not worth it, that's it.
If you really want a gaming laptop, I advise you to read reviews and pay attention to the cooling, still there are expensive laptops are cooled fine :)
And yet, right now in tests for games a laptop with gtx1060 - at maximum speed in full hd 60 fps will be almost everywhere. Where not, it is usually unoptimized games with dx12, Hitman for example. So lowering the settings to just high you can get 60fps.

j
jzmax 05.11.19

I bought a new laptop from HP for 20000r, broke the screen, gave the child by connecting the monitor and the baby is happy and their new computer bought, and so easy to take the laptop unless the house is not worth playing.

G
GeRR_Praetorian 05.11.19

DreamFAW
Where not, it is usually unoptimized games with dx12, Hitman for example.
Not true, now Kitna is is Pascals at 12 dirige. At least I have it on 8 fps more than in the 11th. Deus Ex-MD at 16 fps, and the last Lark, so do a miracle in the 12th, as much as 21-22 fps more.

V
Vanya Rygalov 05.11.19

DreamFAW wrote:
There are games, and the old, from which the laptop heats up to 90 degrees and above...
Well, it's great-you can warm up cold winter evenings...

u
urban.kalabanovich 05.11.19

All right said above, if you do not need to move constantly, the advisability of purchase of the laptop is equal to zero. Its been three years use, no complaints. They are a little noisy, Yes, for your want to say that never saw temperatures above 78 degrees in the game, at night, the noise clearly audible, the day does not stop, playing in my ears and norms.

S
Shadowarm 05.11.19

Really gaming laptops cost a lot of money,it is easier to buy a gaming system unit,much cheaper,and performance will only get better

M
Metalist1925 05.11.19

Shadowarm
it's so clear)
laptop needed if katesse around the world. And if you are already in one place, purely for work beech enough

t
tovarish comrade 05.11.19

I by laptop standards, always with a can take. But another thing is that I game new not really play, more all in the old chase.

M
MunchkiN 616 05.11.19

game nah.
the reason why the play laptop then there is for its cost you can take a semi divine pitch. and the pitch is still the possibility of upgrades, and longer term relevance.
and all that is cheaper than 100 thousand rubles for Pitch definition, not a gaming laptop.
CEE I think the entertainment of people of respectable and wealthy.

m
masha 05.11.19

Laptops overpriced.

A
A.Soldier of Light 05.11.19

warp 37 wrote:
But it is not necessary, as the basic platform.
Depends on the circumstances. If the person often travels around the world, the laptop is simply indispensable to nothing. And Yes, you can buy a portable stand, but then he will have two devices. Why, when you can do one: for work and for games the laptop will go on the road.

bootmgr wrote:
Laptops overpriced.
I agree. As iPhones.

t
the endless misanthropy o 05.11.19

Gaming laptop is like driving a cat

F
Freeagent 05.11.19

A. Soldier of Light
Let's take for example the Asus ROG GL553, well, or any other, in the range of 70K. If you collect PC, consider: there is a good CPU, intel i7 7700hq. This is not a sell, but there is an analogue 7700k (for PC). It costs 20K. Graphics card: geForce gtx 1050 4gb costs around 10K. RAM: 8 gb 5K. SSD 1tb 3K. HDD 128gb 2K. FULL HD monitor 15.6 inch 5K. Motherboard 5K. Housing 2K. Speakers, floppy drive, keyboard, webcam, microphone, cooling (all fiction, of course) 8K. Summary: 55000-60000. 10-15 thousand is the difference, given that I took the cheapest components to build and rounded prices. Well, the overpayment here for the Assembly and production of everything. So to compare wrap prices for laptops equivalent cheat for the apples - foolish.

R
RikoChiko 05.11.19

Was a gaming laptop, probably one of the first games from MSI. He had three problems.
Basking under 100 degrees.
Frame below the screen, next to mount the screen in two weeks of operation started to crack.
The image gave interference in certain colors. As far as I know this problem was solved only after six months.
Well at least in Ulmart managed to return and collect Assembly on the advice of SK.art.

As for me. The second and third comments say all right.

A
Allionora 05.11.19

Never will buy

G
Gauguin 05.11.19

Never regretted...cos you never bought.