3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Vaselinski 14.10.21 10:37 pm

Book Characters (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Hello everyone, I ordered books for myself from Russia, I finished reading about before Ian saved Buttercup.
So this is how I understood from the trailer Blood and Wine there will be this Regis and I would like to know if I should jump so much into reading because of this character? or is it worth to score on book acquaintance? just not enough time to read.
21 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mantykora 14.10.21

Vaselinski
Well, it's not a fact that there will be Regis, just read, and then play in order ...

V
Vaselinski 14.10.21

Mantykora
In the first time I sat down for the game, I played 28 hours, without a break, I didn't even want to eat.

S
Sanchez ramirez 14.10.21

Is there enough time for games, but not for a book? Read it in full, you won't regret it. The juice itself starts from the middle of the 4th book.

V
Vaselinski 14.10.21

Sanchez Ramirez was
enough, ok I'll try to finish reading

M
Mantykora 14.10.21

Sanchez Ramirez
Especially Ian's letter to Geralt is simply a masterpiece of sarcasm. And in the game there is "Dear friend")))

Vaselinski
Well, there is still a need, we are not the Chinese to die playing a computer game. "Sowing for the first time" - is this for The Witcher 3? For a complete impression of the universe, you need to read the books, play from the first part. Although, of course, the graphics there are from 2007, but I cannot say that it is completely ugly - at one time it seemed very beautiful.

S
Stifler's mom 14.10.21

Mantykora
I'm afraid that a person who at one time did not play the first part, but has already tried the third, will no longer appreciate the original part. And it’s not even about the 2007 schedule, but about the fighting. The way Geralt holds the sword in the first part now evokes wild emotion.
Vaselinski Have
you ordered any books? For example, I bought not so long ago, a published edition in two books. One is called Geralt, the other is Ciri. Well, the third book from this edition is Season of Thunderstorms.

M
Mantykora 14.10.21

Yennefer from Vengerberg The
original Witcher's boevka is original, at first unusual, but as you level up it is very nice to see the work of the sword master. I personally liked it - in this combat, a sense of rhythm is developed. I don’t remember playing with something like that. In the second - not a boevka, but a quiet horror, took place for the sake of the plot. In the third - it is of course more familiar, more like other games, but not everyone will become master of the sword, having passed the game - on Youtube I watched some fight like hamadrills with a stick.
Yennefer from Vengerberg wrote:
she recently acquired a two-book edition. One is called Geralt, the other is Ciri
What is this edition? screenshots you can? is there any point in dividing the saga into two books "Geralt" and "Ciri"? I saw one large collection in which all the works of Sapkowski are collected, except for the story "Season of Thunderstorms" (which chronologically even before the first Nilfgaard war).

S
Stifler's mom 14.10.21

Mantykora wrote:
What is this edition?
This is a collector's edition, released exactly to the publication of the book "Season of Thunderstorms". Two complete and beautiful books. The first, as I already wrote, is called "Geralt", there it depicts someone similar to Chris Hemsworth, and the second is called "Ciri". It depicts a white-haired girl outwardly reminiscent of actress Emily Browning. And the third book (small) is actually the "Season of Thunderstorms". Quite an expensive edition, but worth it. Very nice!

s
sandro_sar 14.10.21

Mantykora

u
u3epJlu 14.10.21

Vaselinski Buddy
, if you read to the moment of saving Buttercup, then you have not met Regis yet, you met another dude with a similar name, but this is not Regis for sure, Regis will appear in the next books.

V
Vaselinski 14.10.21

Mantykora

All parts are passed, only stupidly, first 2, then 3 and 1.

u3epJlu

So I say, should I jump over such a segment of the book ?!

Yennefer from Vengerberg

As in the picture above, but without the thunderstorm season.

W
WarMachine2 14.10.21

After the fourth, the epic begins with Ciri, Geralt fades into the background, I did not like this literary move too much, as if the witcher himself had no more worries except lisping with the girl.

O
Oleg V 14.10.21

according to the plot of the book, Regis will be killed at the end, as well as most of his "gang" ... Geralt himself will also be killed ... but this is nonsense, compared to what happened to Cyril ... I did not like the book, the money spent sorry, I took it to the library ...

P
Purgesha 14.10.21

Vaselinski
Definitely worth reading to the end in order to feel the story.

u
u3epJlu 14.10.21

There is no need to skip anything, if you want to understand and appreciate the whole plot, read everything and play everything. If you miss something, then you will not understand something later. What's the question?

_
_Red_FoXx_ 14.10.21

Yennefer from Vengerberg
I am afraid that a person who at one time did not play the first part, but has already tried the third, will no longer appreciate the original part. And it’s not even about the 2007 schedule, but about the fighting. The way Geralt holds the sword in the first part now evokes wild emotion.
Well, this is an individual matter), it was quite normal for me after passing the 3rd Witcher, to go through the 1st and 2nd parts again, with the transfer of the saves, and now I am going through a new game +, with the transferred saves, from the previous part), and more that the first passage of the 3rd witcher, fueled interest in reading a series of books (which in the end he did, stopping the passage of the witcher, and continuing as he read all the books). And it should be noted that it has become much more interesting to play, and the same 1st part is perceived in a completely different way)).

Y
Youxyxol 14.10.21

Oleg V
P * zdets you dumb * b, guy. TS has not read all the books yet, and you shove him such a spoiler into the topic ...

J
Jc jensen 14.10.21

I read books quite a bit, but the Poles in terms of storytelling surpassed the sapek on all fronts, so books are bullshit, do not waste time on them

V
Vaselinski 14.10.21

Vyxyxol

yes I saw these spoilers when the 2nd witcher passed)) what if ?! revive ....

1Archangel1 14.10.21

Vaselinski
Read completely and carefully, without missing anything!