3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Don thomas falcone 14.10.21 10:38 pm

The question of Russian localization of games in Steam

Why do some Steam games lack Russian localization when it is officially available? After installing some games, you have to additionally search and download the crack and shaman over the files, so that everything is as it should be. Is this the level of such a big giant of the gaming industry like Steam?
PS Faced this problem in many games, for example Hitman Blood Money or Batman Arkham Asylum
2 Comments
Sort by:
t
trava10 14.10.21

You can also learn English

H
HamataYoshi 14.10.21

Don thomas falcone
There is a problem with localization rights. Now publishers (foreign) of their games order localization of games from Russian companies, for example, SoftKlab, for their money. Such games come out in incentive russified, but a few years ago there was often another practice - localizers, on their own initiative and with their own money, created a translation (text and voice acting) for the Russian audience, and since they were publishers in the territory of the Russian Federation and the CIS, they made a profit from the disks increased. Now let's consider Steam - the American system works exclusively with real publishers who paid for the voice acting of games in different languages, but since the Russian lacizers did this at their own expense, the publisher had to do the following - either buy out the translation rights or contribute to the share of the Russian localizer , the publisher has never done any of this in my memory. Therefore, we are looking for Russifiers, adapting them to new Steam patches and all sorts of game-of-age uniforms. PoP Warrior Within, Borderlands, Batman Arkham Asylum, Doom 3 and many others will remain without translation out of the box.
PS. they acted very toughly with the borderlens game of early education, it was barely possible to roll Russian text onto it, and there was no way of voice acting, which is sad, because I started to play a Russian pirate game, and the remaining 80% played in English.