3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Vyacheslav Eyvazov 14.10.21 10:40 pm

Game slows down (Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel)

Win 8.1 Intel Core i3 GeForce 740m 8 GB of RAM and run through NVIDIA GeForce Experience already with optimized settings and still the game sags, fps sags fps toli I HZ but terrible lags, I run at minimums and lags, despite the fact that Borderlands 2 played on medium / maximum and there were no lags. What's the salt, experts !?
17 Comments
Sort by:
V
VaseyXXI 14.10.21

Vyacheslav Eyvazov
The same garbage. Brakes hell at 640m. 17-23 fps at minimum. Borderlands 2 also had no issues. I don’t know what to do. At the same time, enabling PhysX even at the Highest level drops only 2-3 fps.

A
Axeleratortt 14.10.21

Disabling PhysX has no effect?
VaseyXXI
What processor do you have?

V
VaseyXXI 14.10.21

Disabling PhysX has no effect. Intel Core i3 is mobile, but I think that's not the point. During the game, the load is 60-70%. In general, there is a feeling on the local forum and the Steam forum that the developers or nvidia have scored on optimization for mobile GeForce

L
Lisstoman 14.10.21

Jamb with physics. Even on my config, it drops to 19 frames when using corrosive weapons.

h
hardwaredude 14.10.21

GeForce 640m
GeForce 740m

And you want it not to slow down? It doesn't work that way. Such cards are enough only for printing documents in Microsoft Word.

Vyacheslav Eyvazov

run through NVIDIA GeForce Experience already with optimized settings

There is nothing to optimize for such trash video cards in principle. They are not playable. And you also have a screen resolution of 1080p. And what do you want? Miracle?

Lisstoman

What the hell is PhysX? With such video cards they need to pray to Cthulhu so that even without PhysiX the game will creep. Not only is the model * 40, but also the Mobile.

V
VaseyXXI 14.10.21

hardwaredude, don't be smart. BL2 is played at 40fps at max. Since then, neither the graphics nor the system requirements have increased. I'm not running Middle-Earth on it.
It is also interesting that the load on the processor and video card is not maximum. The video card is 80% loaded. And the temperature doesn't rise. In the next branch they are talking about disconnecting the Internet. On the Steam forum there is infa that disabling all extraneous USB devices helps.

L
Lisstoman 14.10.21

hardwaredude
Have you seen my config? I don’t think that a game with 280 fps + can sink to 19 fps only when I use corrosive fuzz.

h
hardwaredude 14.10.21

Lisstoman

I'm not discussing you here, but two unsubscribed with mobile video cards. If you can't sit quietly, we will discuss you separately. They play without PhysX, they have a different reason for lags.

VaseyXXI

don't be smart. BL2 is played at 40fps at maximum

And what magic fairy whispered in your ear that these two games have the same optimization? BL2 has been worked on by the original, talented Gearbox team for years. The Pre-Sequel was riveted as quickly as possible by the Australian team. Optimization there is worse, respectively, your video card bent and died. It's simple.

Yes, the optimization is worse. The load is higher. Your computer can't stand it. Is that what you wanted to hear?

V
VaseyXXI 14.10.21

hardwaredude
This magic fairy:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/261640
http://store.steampowered.com/app/49520/
Or rather the system requirements section

V
VaseyXXI 14.10.21

In general, progress has just begun. immediately after launching for about a minute, the settings from GeForce Experience were 40-60 fps. Then the turbine of the laptop started working and the fps dropped sharply to 13. It looks like a throttling of a video card, but the problem is that the thermal paste in it changed a week ago (.

G
GringoBIN 14.10.21

Drops from 100 to 30 frames what nonsense?

V
VaseyXXI 14.10.21

My problem was solved by disassembling-assembling the laptop cooling system with a specific cleaning. Plus I had to fork out for MX-4 thermal paste. Now 40-60 fps on settings from nvidia.

GringoBIN
If PhysX is enabled, turn it off to hell. Do sagging happen when corrosive weapons are used around you?

S
S_asha 14.10.21

hardwaredude is
strangely designated by the developer as a gearbox

r
romarodj 14.10.21

Gentlemen, gamers, for whom the game on the Nvidia card runs with periodic jerks, that is, it jerks constantly regardless of the settings, most likely the problem is in the new driver from Nvidia, and specifically with the disabling of PhysX support,

that is,

Starting with version 340.52 of GeForce drivers, NVIDIA has adopted a strange decision to disable hardware support for PhysX for systems that have a graphics adapter from another developer.

http://www.3dnews.ru/825401

this means that PhysX acceleration can no longer be turned on and it is absent in the game, so it jerks, replace it with the previous one and leave it forever, vryatli NVIDIA will change its decision, but these are the lags that are independent from the settings remain, 100% of this, and disappear with the replacement of the driver with any one that is lower than version 340.52

now you can play calmly

I also want to add, here I wrote above that they say the games were in a hurry, their optimization is lousy, and so the babble of the gray mare is all

in contrast to the first two series of the game, the optimization has increased several times, despite the fact that the picture improved and anti-aliasing works, earlier in the series it did not work

E
Evgeny Andreev163 14.10.21

My computer pulls GTA5 on high with 60 fps, no matter what they say that my computer is weak, but it is this game that lags terribly, pumped a bunch of repacks of different use, and in the game there is no drawdown of fps, namely, pulling, between jerks you can see that the fps is about 60

M
Man man man 14.10.21

romarodj
So there are no new games in the new optimization drivers, nothing has changed? if there is a difference of 2-3 fps, then I'll put the old one. Oh yes, you can please drop the link for the driver that supports the link, I can't find it

P
Palych Rocks 14.10.21

I have Windows 10, config in the profile, for this game it should be enough with the head and even above the head, but it slows down both with physics and without, vidyahi above 45% are not loaded, percent above 25% is rarely loaded, drawdowns can be out of the blue, even without mixing, the first borderlands on the same engine and generally does not dull, what to do? enabling or disabling physics has no effect