3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DominoPK 14.10.21 10:41 pm

Setting tree swing and fire quality via .ini (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Good day to all. I would like to ask someone who knows what lines in the .ini files (rendering, resources, etc.) are responsible for the swinging amplitude of the trees and the quality of the fire (bonfires, candles, lamps).

I found several posts in which the guys changed these parameters, but in the comments none of them gave the exact answer which line is responsible for these settings in the .ini files. In general, I myself did not find the answer, so I appeal to you members of the forum.
15 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dasha77 14.10.21

DominoPK I
join the question, I would also like to reduce the swaying of trees a little, otherwise it is too strong and sharp

J
JABA AZAZINA 14.10.21

The
three of us will wait for Dasha77 , although it doesn't bother me that much.

V
Vladimir Lubyanoy 14.10.21

Nathan-Explosion Explosion
Now There Are Four Of Us

M
MunchkiN 616 14.10.21

they are not in ini. current if someone knows the magic word pitch that can be added.

D
DominoPK 14.10.21

Dasha77
Nathan-Explosion Explosion
Vladimir Lubyanoy
Apparently, we will remain unanswered)) And in time we will simply forget about this question. At least, I know for sure, you can reduce the amplitude of swaying of the grass and the quality of the fire, but how to do it .... so we will wait)

M
MunchkiN 616 14.10.21

there is no swing amplitude as such. Either the shader does it, or it is some kind of animation for the speed tray, or the chen uses it again associated with the shader.
with fire, I don't understand what-there. it would be nice to include shadows from everything that is possible, but in ini this is definitely not the only shadow at the very beginning of the game from the fireplace. and then it flies if you increase the resolution and so
on, in theory, there in the init we should look for cascades for shadows. turn off or reduce to a minimum. the permission to screw up more and the range, if there is one, is several orders of magnitude to be added. but I didn't get the shadows from the ghosts with the lanterns.

k
kc5 14.10.21

I made myself such a mod. You need to pick the fashion for the weather. I can lay out soldered scripts with a bunch of others and working on 1.11

u
urban.kalabanovich 14.10.21

kc5
Does the weather itself (effects, gradation) suffer?

k
kc5 14.10.21

urban.kalabanovich
Wind strength is a separate figure from cloudiness as far as I remember.

u
urban.kalabanovich 14.10.21

kc5 I
see, thanks.

D
DominoPK 14.10.21

MunchkiN 616
Here, as it were, the topic of optimizing the game, for more FPS, and not to raise the quality in the form of shadows from everything in the game. And the shadows from the ghosts? Do you even understand that there can be no shadow of ghosts?))

M
MunchkiN 616 14.10.21

DominoPK
I'm talking about this
http://pix.playground.ru/witcher_3_wild_hunt/1184663/
http://pix.playground.ru/witcher_3_wild_hunt/1193727/
he has a light source but he does not leave shaduf mapov from the grass or from himself, etc. ... and so it is something anthological to the fallout 4 where there was a flashlight on his hand. only vertex lighting.
Well, if the topic about optimization is not interesting to me.

M
Metalist1925 14.10.21

By the way, the settings are on fire and they interest me! Who is not difficult, tell me

k
kc5 14.10.21

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/995/?

D
DominoPK 14.10.21

kc5
I know this mod. But here you need a solution to optimize the game. It is not necessary to improve the effects of fire, but vice versa. For those who have weak iron, the deterioration of the quality of the fire (candles, bonfires) can help, since I myself noticed that in the same hut in the swamps where the tapestry with witches, if I extinguish all those candles, I got 2-3 frames. Not essential, but still. And about the amplitude of the trees swinging, somewhere I just read (and more than once) that this somehow loads the CPU. So I'm interested.