3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
H
Heart in the palm of your 14.10.21 10:48 pm

The writers you \ "discovered \"

For example, I somehow did not perceive Hemenguei and Faulkner before. I read it, not so long ago, but it was not impressive. ... Now he took it up again, and, as if overwhelmed, the attitude completely changed. That their literary "salt", which I did not notice, seemed to be on the surface. Before that, he also "discovered" Tolstoy and Bunin.
Have you ever had such cases when something seems to flip in your brain and you start to admire things that you haven't perceived for a long time?
21 Comments
Sort by:
P
Psychodolb 14.10.21

Have you ever had such cases when something seems to flip in your brain and you start to admire things that you haven't perceived for a long time?

Everything is a little different with me ... but there is something in common ... it often happened before that I opened some obviously good book ... read a couple of pages and closed it for several years ... and not because I didn't like it at all ... but because I just physically could not read it ... some kind of internal stopper ...
Face control at one time did not pass: Hesse, Meyrink, Joyce, Nietzsche, Kerouac ... and others -that ... xs, what were the reasons for this ... but after a while I read them voraciously ... such are the things ... (=

H
Heart in the palm of your 14.10.21

Psychodolb
This, in fact, is the subject.

Often, this happens not only with literature.

G
GTAman 14.10.21

Many things are perceived in the context of life experience. I answered "subject"?

H

Many things are perceived in the context of life experience. I answered "subject"?
Partially. Life experience, it allows you to evaluate the semantic component of the book. But such a thing as the style of writing, the special unique language of the author, is often difficult to perceive. At the same time, as an idea, the meaning of thought in a work is simply striking in its truthfulness and clarity. These are the kind of docks.

G
GTAman 14.10.21

With experience, vocabulary increases, and if you have difficulty understanding the author's language, then read the translation.

H

I'm not talking about individual words (that's another thing), but about the style of writing, which is unique for every standing writer. Someone, for example, does not like the acrimony of Nabokov, or the straightforwardness of Hemenguei.

G
GTAman 14.10.21

Well, don't read it.

K
Kamred 14.10.21

The sun is in the palm of your hand, please explain why I do not understand such great Russian writers as Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Bulgakov and others? I read them and do not grasp the real meaning of what they have written. When I read War and Peace, the whole love affair in the book got on my nerves, but I liked it when the war was going on. When I read The Idiot, I wondered why they called him an idiot, because he was a normal person. I also don't understand the language of Zelazny and Kuttner. Why?

O
OlegPP3 14.10.21

Writers whom you "discovered" for yourself

Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoevsky

M
Moonlightcat 14.10.21

The sun is in the palm of your hand, please explain why I do not understand such great Russian writers as Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Bulgakov and others?
You need to come to the classics. Try to tackle them later.
"Idiot", I wondered why they called him an idiot, because he was a normal person.
A person who is not spoiled by the pragmatism of civilization.
When I read War and Peace, the whole love affair in the book got on my nerves, but I liked it when the war was going on.
:) This is always the case, when someone has not grasped the salt of this book, he reads either only family relationships or war and politics, depending on the sexes.

a
ashinbeg 14.10.21

V. Bykov.

P
Percival cox 14.10.21

Hugh Laurie) did not expect him to write interesting

P
Psychodolb 14.10.21

V. Bykov

Kommersant ... (=

B
Bobr luch 14.10.21

Yes, Bykov is good, if there was a desire, he would write excellent works and not on military topics.

J
Juliya_Cabincrew 14.10.21

I never dared to read the books of Vasily Ershov, but now I read with particular interest. I advise you to read! Very interesting books "Fear of Flight", "Aerophobia" and his other books.

V
Vishnevsky. 14.10.21

OLOLLOO 10000 forum post !! xD

P
Psychodolb 14.10.21

No ... (=

M
Mordrag 14.10.21

10001 post :)

V
Virgil_ 14.10.21

Again no)

R
Rainbow_user 14.10.21

Over the past six months, I have learned a lot of new authors for myself.