3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Gendalf-golkiper 14.10.21 10:48 pm

Asus Strix GTX 970 SLI or one Asus Strix GTX 980 Ti OC. Or a GTX 1080?

Hello everyone.
I took care of a total hardware update, including a video card.
I originally planned to take the MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming G6. Then, after looking at the reviews, I decided to stick with the Asus Strix GTX 980 Ti OC. Now, after examining the issue in more detail, it turned out that two Asus Strix GTX 970s will be even more preferable, for the same price. Plus, the GTX 1080 is coming out soon, which should be even more productive (I take a 2k "32 monitor, so even 10 fps plays a role) What we have in the end:
Option A - Asus Strix GTX 980 Ti OC, proven by many tests The new one costs about 22k of Ukrainian figures, but I am considering a used one for 15k with another 2.5 years of warranty. Unless someone buys it before me, of course.
Option B - two Asus Strix GTX 970s, with a total cost of 20.5 k. It's funny, but different tests have different opinions: some give figures that two cards will be better by 10% on average, in others - that Asus Strix GTX 980 Ti OC is, after all, better by the same 10-15 percent.
Option B - to score a buoy on these vidyahi and stupidly wait until the GTX 1080 comes out and enjoy the maximum quality. Its price will vary from 22k to 24k, but I still did not find information on when this video will arrive in our stores.
There is also an interesting option with a Radeon 390X in Crossfire, but the price there exceeds 25k, and it seems to me that this option will already be redundant for 2k resolution. Plus, you will have to take a more powerful power supply, which will result in an even greater increase in the budget.

These are the pies. What do you think, comrades?
PS Prots I7 6700k.
10 Comments
Sort by:
X
Xakep_SDK 14.10.21

I am gtx 1080 ti waiting. By the
way:
Stable 40-50fps. You also need to take into account that the game is not optimized for this video card.
The pigeons nap again.

L
Len4ik00N 14.10.21

Gendalf-golkiper
Another option: postpone the decision until the GTX 1080 appears in stores; by that time there will be more comparative tests in games and the real prices in stores will be known + firewood will be brought to mind.
Regarding the two 970s: in this case, the performance strongly depends on how "accustomed" the game is to work with a system with 2 video cards. Hence such differences in the tests.

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 14.10.21

I vowed to NEVER do SLI ANYMORE. Reasons: 1) When to sell, it is easier to sell one than two. 2) Energy consumption, of course one eats less than two. 2) Space in the case, they take up space and in addition load the power supply unit, extra wires, troubles. 3) Temperature, two emit more heat, while the lower one emits heat, and the upper one picks it up, this is one of the reasons for the high temperature of the upper video card.
For all the time, I came to the conclusion that one whatever one may say is better than two. At the same time, it seems to me that once a year or two, it is better to replace, sell the old previous line, while it is not so cheap, with a guarantee, than to sell two pieces in two or three years.
One is much more convenient and profitable in terms of operation - dust, temperature, maintenance, performance, efficiency.
I am replacing the gtx 980 with a 1080 video card for a resolution of 1920x1080, the gain is + 35-40%.
Oh yes, not all games support SLI, especially new ones, you have to wait for new drivers for the game, here's another reason.
The video card is already in stores, but prices, from 60 thousand, in the regions in different ways, but to the recommended - 55 thousand, in some places you can safely add 5-10 thousand. Not yet. But on the shelf I saw over 65 from Palit. There are from Asus and MSI for 80 thousand rubles. Waiting on the shelves while they make money. New is always better than old.
Oh yes, and 970 is enough for fhd now.
The GTX 980 TI is very close to the 1070, so the 1070 is better here. The previous line is outdated, and if you take it, I note again, it is advisable, this is my opinion, to wait for a new line.

G
Gendalf-golkiper 14.10.21

I also slobber to this conclusion. Maybe for 2K, 1070 is enough for me, I'll take it for the same 15k, only completely new.
In general, I'm just waiting for now. Fortunately, Intel shoves vidyashki into its processes.
I also looked through reviews, comments, write about non-reference and reference versions of views. As far as I understand, the reference ones will go on sale on June 10, but when can we expect non-reference ones (which will be better in quality)?

P
Palych Rocks 14.10.21

waiting for 1080s or whatever will be better there, it makes no sense to take the 900 series, all the more so in DH12 it is not fountain at all, as an option, you can wait and take two radicals of new 8-gigabytes into the cross and it is more profitable at a price, though cross is also not everywhere plows

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 14.10.21

Gendalf-golkiper
As for non-references, I am also waiting for them, although I looked at the reference, I was never interested, I do not cherish positive thoughts for the turbine. The 1080 version can be ordered in the online store, there was such an option, but I don't really trust them. Therefore, on the shelves, I suppose, it is worth waiting for about a month after the start of sales. They will be delayed in Russia. In general, it is difficult to give an exact date. No one can predict the day, hour, minute, second when it will appear on the shelves. So we are tolerant, in the sense of waiting ...
Here is an example of 1080 that can be ordered, unreferencehttps: //www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1080-ARMOR-8G-OC.html#hero-overview
https : //www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1080-GAMING-X-8G.html#hero-overview

E
EvgenyDMT 14.10.21

Gendalf-golkiper wrote:
Option B

M
MunchkiN 616 14.10.21

It is worth doing 2,970 if there is already one 970 in the bakery and buying 1070-80 is expensive every year. until the need for a more productive one
and I would not become in the 900 series since the memory is rather weak. you need 6 - 8 gibubs

GTX 1080 and enjoy the maximum quality. Its price will vary from 22k to 24k when its price is that. it will be in the region of 35 thousand 80 in the region of 50 and the titanium is probably under 90, given the current ruble exchange rate

, I have not had a cross-fire lately. I do not know how things are going there in games with him. I myself am thinking about a cross-fire mat the board will allow but somehow not willingly here. in the test results for some reason the results of the fact that it does not work. the same thing happened before, but it worked for me in some games
about multigpu wax, here it is necessary to overcame how his games will be atoms, there were already too many games without him. for a sim, it is better to wait for 1000 serials and radeons and then plan to drain from them or one chip

L
Len4ik00N 14.10.21

MunchkiN 616
MunchkiN 616 wrote:
when is its price will be this. it will be in the region of 35 thousand 80 in the region of 50 and titanium probably under 90, provided the current
ruble exchange rate, so he did not write prices in rubles, but in hryvnias

G
Gendalf-golkiper 14.10.21

MunchkiN 616 wrote:
I counted in hryvnias.