3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
LaserDeath 14.10.21 10:49 pm

Recommend settings for GTX 780 3gb, tired of FPS sagging (Rise of the Tomb Raider)

Windows 10, 4770k, 16GB 2000 MHz, Asus GTX 780

In the geovalley FPS drops to 40 frames I play at high. This is fine?
Well, do you really need to switch everything to medium for a comfortable game?
Or my computer is already outdated and in addition to the game I have to buy vidyahu for 40 tons +?
31 Comments
Sort by:
P
Purple giraffe 14.10.21

Perhaps this article will help you, everything is detailed there - http://www.overclockers.ua/games/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-test/
But in general, I suspect that the problem is in 3 GB of video memory. New Lara is very voracious in this sense.

D
Diglick555 14.10.21

Textures on high and all gluttonous features (such as anti-alias) set to medium. This is normal in general, 780 was released 3 years ago on an even more ancient architecture.

R
Resident Fan 14.10.21

I'm just in shock now coming from the author of this topic. If he has a video card with 3 GB of video memory, and he complains that FPS drops from 60 to 40 at high graphic settings, (it's quite comfortable to play), then we can talk about my video memory, which is only 1 GB and I play at all average graphic settings, and it drops from 30 FPS to 20 FPS, (it won't be comfortable to play anymore) and I'm not complaining, because I understand everything, and I'm generally happy that my system was still able to Lara run to play at least somehow, than nothing at all. It could be, everything is much worse than it is. So, for this author of the topic, it's just that the game is still in chocolate, compared to other people who have a weaker system for this game.

K
Kirill1998 14.10.21

LaserDeath
So 780 is already 3 years old. It's time to upgrade to a new graphics card. And in the chest on your high card there is simply not enough memory.

L
LaserDeath 14.10.21

Kirill1998
Yes, I bought it like this 2.5 years ago. I'm waiting for 1080. Most likely I will take it in the fall, tk. I see no reason to overpay before the summer - I will rarely play anyway. But even so, the 780 is not the shittiest vidyah. And I would like to keep stable at least high. I don’t demand ultras from her.

m
melvinov 14.10.21

These are just krivoruky developed, cheated with optimization, once for 780 with 3 GB this projectile falls into FPS

G
GG4 14.10.21

LaserDeath
You have drawdowns due to lack of video memory, you need at least 4 gig for high textures. Now games will be released that already need 6 gigs at least for high ones, 4 for medium ones. They are forced to do this, otherwise they will not buy iron and this is absolutely normal.

i
iNosferatu 14.10.21

Turn off anti-aliasing (or set to x2), remove all soap and various blur effects and the like. And it's better to look for something like a comparison of settings on the Internet, just it will be possible to pick up a comfortable picture and raise the fps to 60+.

H
Hollen 14.10.21

Diglick555
I have a GTX 770 4 GB of video memory and ran the game at high + very high, the SMAA anti-aliasing on DX11 before the release of the 12th was identical, the FPS jumped from 42 to 60.
Spoiler

Spoiler

LaserDeath
You have 3 GB of video memory, which is not enough for high settings in this game. Set textures and details to medium and the rest unchanged. Try it!

Patrick Russian
You are right, 40 FPS is enough. Use less third-party programs while playing games. You don't need it.

L
LaserDeath 14.10.21

In general, after reading the article that the Purple Giraffe threw off, I solved the problem. Where it was 40+, I turn off tessellation and the fps rises to 55-60. Then when I go through that lock I turn it back on - profit. In fact, it lags up to 40 frames in just a few places of the game, at the beginning when you look at the Soviet base from above and in the geovalley. In the rest of the locations, the FPS does not sag.

Memory has nothing to do with it. it is written in black and white that 2.7GB is enough for high textures

L
LisaM 14.10.21

Patrick Russian
And I'm just wondering, what video card with 1GB of memory can pull out such a gluttonous game at medium settings? 0_0
And at the same time produce a stable FPS at 20 + / 30 frames.

R
Resident Fan 14.10.21

LisaM
Believe it or not, this is an ASUS GeForce GTX 460 1Gb card with factory overclocking, it can really pull Lara at medium graphics settings at 30 fps, depending on the location and weather conditions (effects), the frames will jump from below 30 to 30
But play still, in principle, it is possible, because the staff is not constantly reduced to 20 and at times. So, you can still go through the game like that. I'm really, and still very lucky. This is probably my unique case that I am hardcore on such a video card, I run a game that is made for TOP PCs.

L
LisaM 14.10.21

Patrick Russian
Well, why don't I believe it? I will believe it. The GeForce GTX460 is a very good graphics card. Made to last. :)
I honestly thought about a model like the GT540M. Although, the video posted on YouTube proves that this model also pulls the game. Somewhere I even saw a video of a game, captured on a card, model HD4800. And the FPS was 15-20 frames. Those. there have been attempts to optimize the game.

R
Resident Fan 14.10.21

LisaM
And, so you are a girl))) And I also drew attention to your nickname LisaM, and I thought if you were a guy or a girl. Even then I wanted to ask you about it. But when I read your answer, and saw that you, as a female, write words, then I probably already understood that you are a girl. Okay it does not matter. Forget it. It's just that if you still knew how I was ESPECIALLY lucky with this new Larochka, so that I could play at all, because there are no pirates, because no one can hack Denuvo's protection in the game, and what is there or wait until the game is hacked and posted on torrents , or buy a licensed game on Steam. So, how did I get this Lara at all. I'm telling ... Here, on this site, when I already started releasing my cry from the heart in the comments under Lara's game, what if someone gave me this licensed game, which the person did not like, or who has already gone through it all and completely, and abandoned the game in Steam at home, and then one user here responded that he can give me his purchased game in Steam through "family access". I thought he was joking, but then it turned out that he really wanted to help me with the game. And he helped me, for nothing, for free, a completely unfamiliar person from Russia (I'm from Ukraine). And you cannot imagine the girl, how happy I was in the ninth heaven, that I was provided with a free game in Steam, which I can launch to play and enjoy any day and any time I want. I later made friends with this Sasha, added him to my VK friends, well, in Steam, of course, because without this, the game cannot be divided into 2 Steam, in order to play two different people from their PCs. And Sasha said that he will not revoke access to his library of games purchased from Steam from me. That he provided access to the library of games for a long time.
Jesus Christ! for me this Russian Sasha, just like some kind of treasure, useful and rare, got caught and turned out to be. So then, as soon as I got stuck in this Larochka, I didn't get out of the game. I sat and drove to Lara almost all day. I earned a lot of achievements in the game. But the game has not passed yet. I got there where Lara meets Jacob's people, and that they warn her about the fight against the Trinity Order. But I went through the DLC with Baba Yaga. Well, the mission is there, of course, what a fuck. That the fellow developers were smoking when they were creating this DLC with Baba Yaga, in which there was one drug addiction, the screen floated and everything was walking and blurring in waves of color (drug addiction effects), that Lara supposedly SHIPPED, that it all seemed to her, but in reality it was not like that. I still remember a similar addiction in the game Far Cry 3 when they drove back from Jason (the main character), grass grew before our eyes, mushrooms and other crap. :)
In general, this is how the girl is doing. Now you and everyone here knows how I got a free licensed game in Steam, through family access, from a Russian stranger to me. And yet, there are still kind and generous people on Earth. Not everyone is bad and evil, and that's a fact.

R
Resident Fan 14.10.21

LisaM
I myself did not expect that my answer above would be so HUGE. I think that you will master yourself to read my previous answer, before you start reading this new message, which will now sound my questions addressed to you.
Girl, can't you play this new Lara? Your game is not good for PC? Is your video card weak for Lara? Or do you not have this game at all, and that you did not buy it? In general, what is your story with this Larochka Croft? Please tell us, it is interesting to know and read your text. :)

L
LisaM 14.10.21

Patrick Russian
Your post is not "huge" at all. :)
It's always interesting to know the opinion of another person about the saga called Tomb Raider.
Reading the answer, I saw mine in your features. Just like you, having barely received the game, I sat and played without stopping at anything for several days until I passed the main mission. Even at minimal settings (textures and details were set to a minimum, shadow quality is average, PureHair, sun shadows, various screen effects, resolution of 1280x1024) there was something to look at: snowy peaks, unexpected avalanches, a lonely galley hidden in the depths of an ice cave , jailbreak, fight with a bear, a winter landscape in itself and the beauty of a ruined city. It was Kitezh that seemed to me the most beautiful of the whole game: destroyed, frozen in ice, scattered, lonely, but, nevertheless, keeping a particle of its former glory and power. When I first saw the locked gate leading to the valley, I couldn't get enough of the play of colors. The game is very impressive. Designers ate their bread for a reason.
As for the computer ... My system, despite the fears, pulled out this game. Although, sometimes, there was a sharp drop in FPS.
Which, frankly, does not surprise me. My video card (GeForce GT640 1GB GDDR5), of course, is weak for such a game. To see all the splendor, you need a card at the level of GTX750 and above.
This is my story.

d
dr_shurich 14.10.21

Haven't played this game yet, tell me, will this game work with my 2-gig 660 Ti or will it slow down a lot? Everything else is fine, 8 GB of RAM and a Core i7-3770 3.4 GHz

G
Gott mit uns 14.10.21

Patrick Russian
That's really handsome)))) Lucky you, I would, and we all do it)))

G
Gott mit uns 14.10.21

LisaM
needs a GTX750 or higher card. I heard people in this game are missing one 970-980, which I really believe, and you are talking about some office cards)) Although, as mentioned above, it all depends, of course, on the resolution. At a small resolution, it may at least go well, you shouldn't forget about other settings either. Although I have already scored for small permissions a long time ago, and so, well, yes, I would like to test it on my computer. Maybe I'll buy it during my vacation. For now, I think it's better to take a new farkrai, a stall, or a new doom.

R
Resident Fan 14.10.21

LisaM
Girl, there just aren't many female PGs on this resource. And when you meet the fair sex here, the guy's mood immediately rises, and the desire to communicate with women more. Well, you get the idea. :)
Yes, you are right. Indeed, we have one feeling and sympathy for the most beautiful heroine and character in the gaming industry, Larochka Croft. I'm generally a fan of the Tomb Raider series. I like how Larochka is always looking for "dangerous" adventures on her GORGEOUS ass. :)
Further ... apparently, you have an office (not gaming) graphics card GT640 1Gb GDDR5 And I will not say that my GTX 460 1Gb GDDR5 card is better or more powerful than yours, or compare them there, because it would be stupid. So it is clear which card is better, and without words. :) I have game graphics settings in Lara, all points are on medium (detail, quality of textures, shadows, anti-aliasing, etc.) only I set PUREHAIR to High. To make Larochka's hair look more natural, better, and according to the law of physics.
So as if the player controls a living, young, and most beautiful girl, and not some kind of doll, with textured hair. And my screen resolution is Full HD 1920x1080 Girl, so you never said how you got this Lara. Did you buy the game on Steam? Or did someone give you family access on Steam, to their library of games, like me? -_-