3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
j
jr-sneg 14.10.21 10:52 pm

batch file di2 (Diablo 2)

The question is.
When di2 starts, the process appears with "below average" priority. You can play. But when you open more than 6 windows, 1-2 of them start to slow down. Manually rearranging the priority is not a problem.

Made a batch file (* .bat) - wrote the launch of the di2 shortcut + setting the priority above average.
At startup, cmd opens and the game does not start.
start / abovenormal "D: Diablo 2_pg d2m.lnk" I
need info on how to do it right.

Offtopic and off-topic messages are not welcome.
36 Comments
Sort by:
j
jr-sneg 14.10.21

The issue with hardware disappears :: corei3, 6gb, geforce gt520 1g, disk smart 100%.

r
readerX88 14.10.21

jr-sneg wrote:
When launched, cmd opens and the game does not start.
start / abovenormal "D: Diablo 2_pg d2m.lnk"
Try something like this:

start / abovenormal / MAX "D: Diablo 2_pg d2m.lnk"

or a batch file in the folder with the executable and so:
start / abovenormal / MAX d2m .exe

and there is already a shortcut to it. If something doesn't work, copy the cmd.exe folder with the batch file, enter the name, enter - you can view the error description.

b
bd_sm [TDPG] 14.10.21

there is still a varik on different buckets to hang windows
https://msdn.microsoft.com/ru-ru/library/windows/desktop/ms686223(v=vs.85).aspx

j
jr-sneg 14.10.21

readerX88
Doesn't work.
MAX only makes the console full screen.
The game folder also does not work.

j
jr-sneg 14.10.21

I can't refer to the executable file, because I just need a shortcut, -w -ns and so on are spelled out for it. And the executable will launch the whole krap for me.

b
bd_sm [TDPG] 14.10.21

so write down all the keys from the shortcut in the launch parameters in the batch file, this is the same thing as in the shortcut

Еpiscop_moo 14.10.21

It is unlikely to help, but an attempt will not be torture: try compatibility with XP and the like to install and try.

z
zmrz 14.10.21

add empty quotes, ala start / abovenormal "" "D: Diablo 2_pg d2m.lnk"

r
readerX88 14.10.21

jr-sneg wrote:
It does not work,
look in the properties of the batch file, somewhere there must be a check mark so that the window does not close when the script is finished.
(in XP there was an item "close the window upon completion of work", you must uncheck the box).
Then in the console window you can read the answer to your command, this would add clarity.

r
readerX88 14.10.21

zmrz good
advice.

f
firkax 14.10.21

firstly, after start, it is just necessary to write the command line with these -w -ns and not the shortcut, the
shortcut certainly works, but this is clearly not the best way
; secondly, d2m is not needed by 2.02 (or is it just the shortcut name left?)
thirdly, so that windows do not eat up percentages, remove -nohide from mules, there will be more benefits than from manipulation with priorities (and you will only need a separate shortcut for mules without body shirts)

j
jr-sneg 14.10.21

zmrz
The topic with quotes dragged through, di2 is launched, only the priority remains the same.

firkax
Why write it after the start? These properties are listed on the label. This is how it starts up. In the batch file, we only load a shortcut that sucks in the specified properties.
This name remained the same.
Remove -nohide - what will it give us? In fact, after 6-8 windows of di2, I have not loaded percent or RAM (there are enough resources), I just need to allocate more resources for them, because 1-2 windows of mules start playing a slide show.

O
Obsessed 14.10.21

^ I didn’t minus the firm, you cho!

b
bd_sm [TDPG] 14.10.21

Obsessed
that is not tryndi

O
Obsessed 14.10.21

bd_sm [TDPG], in kind, chief, I will be a bastard! and cho, it was necessary, right? : D

b
bd_sm [TDPG] 14.10.21

Obsessed
yes

O
Obsessed 14.10.21

bd_sm [TDPG], minus canceled. :( will help?: D

b
bd_sm [TDPG] 14.10.21

Obsessed
no

O