3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
devilnnhh31hhnn31 15.10.21 09:27 pm

Need help solving the problem with a drop in FPS

Good afternoon everyone!
Please help in solving this issue, because I was already exhausted .. I did not know which subgroup to insert the topic into. I inserted it into the general one.
Actually, what is the problem:
Having on hand the system:
Mother-Asrock extreme 3
Prots-FX 6300 AMD
Two video cards in SLI 660 mode GTX
4 gb RAM Samsung 1600 MHz
4 gb corsar 1333 MHz
cooler zalman cnpx10 perfoma Xclio
case (with two 200mm valves on the side board)

I decided to overclock the percentage from 3500 to 4500 GHz through the BIOS.
everything started, Prime 95-30 minutes without errors. EVERYTHING, in general, approx. Temperature no more than 65 grams per cent at maximum load.
BUT now in games (for example, rainbow 6 sage after a short game, FPS drops almost twice !! and immediately after loading the next round, and not during the game) in GTA 5 after 20 minutes of microfreezes and lags.
OK, I think it means overheating.
My actions are replacing thermal paste on Arctic cooling mx 4 on the processor, on the north and south bridges, on both video cards + installing an additional 120 mm valve on the cooler for blowing out (the cooler allows) + installing next to the cooler on the back wall of the 120 mm blowing valve + installation of a 60mm valve on the north bridge + installation of a 40mm valve on the south bridge.

As a result, the processor temperature after a load of prime 95 for 30 minutes does not exceed 55g.
After the game (for example, in GTA 5) the north and south bridges can be touched for 1 hour with my cheek, not with my hand, they are barely warm ...

In general, people ask for your help, because I do not know what the problem is ...
Thank you in advance for your help !!
Upon request, I will provide any information, I just wrote so much ... everything in my head does not fit ...
9 Comments
Sort by:
L
Len4ik00N 15.10.21

devilnnhh31hhnn31
put a program that monitors the load of the processor, vidyah and memory during games; see which of the components will be loaded at 100%, because of that and friezes, but in general, if there were no such problems before overclocking, then try to gradually lower the frequency until the friezes disappear.

M
MunchkiN 616 15.10.21

I did not understand the memory leap, but microfreezes can be either from a lack of RAM or from a video card.
processor in my pitch understanding to drive - you need to turn off the turbubust that dynamically raises the frequency to it.
and drive the reference frequency accordingly. I really spat on all the pitch and drove the entire system across the north bridge. why drive current I do not understand. Ultra computer still will not pull.
in friezes, ssd can be blamed if there is one
if the system is playing on ssd and the swap file is on ndd
if the memory is working in a single channel
if the swap file is too small
Well, about the amount of memory baked. on ultras, 5 will be comfortable with 12-16 gibbins and 4 or more gig cards. and the processor, in turn, will pull it out without problems 30fps at a frequency of 4 GHz stable.

d
devilnnhh31hhnn31 15.10.21

So, my friends will try to answer in order)

There is a monitoring program : Hard ware monitor and Aida. All indicators are normal.

1) 8 gigabytes of RAM, working in a dual channel at a frequency of 1333mhz.
2) Turbo boost and energy saving functions are disabled in the BIOS.
3) The bottom line is that as soon as I overclocked the percentage to 4500, it immediately became noticeable in games - not only the increase in FPS, but also the stability of these FPS, I will explain ... when playing (on an unclocked process) in Rainbow six siege FPS stay at 60, but periodically falls to 50-55. Because of this, changes in the dynamics of the game are noticeably noticeable. And so in many games (GTA 5, World of Tanks) When overclocking, there is stability and no failures ... BUT not for long (( (10-20 minutes ...
4) There is an SSD! I only put programs and Windows on it ... games on HDD
5) I can't see ultra settings with my vidyahs in GTA 5 (only high-ultra) ... I don't need them. I need frame stability, especially since I saw that this is possible when overclocking the CPU.

S
Sanchez ramirez 15.10.21

And I did not write anything about the power supply. Obviously, with increasing frequencies, power consumption increases, and you have two more vidyuhi in SLI, HDM, SDD and a bunch of turntables. And everyone wants to eat.

On the other hand, it's funny to read about WILD, NON-PLAYABLE drawdowns from 60 to 50. Well, it's impossible to play! My friend, yes, in my second witcher on average 20 fps with friezes.

d

Power supply unit Corsair 750 watt years 6 to him.
Yes, no, everything is playable, of course. But when you understand what can be done better without financial investments, then you want to do it. It is clear that you can go and buy a set of expensive items. There is no money. So I try to overclock the percentage, especially since it seems to be supposed to chase wonderful))

S
Sanchez ramirez 15.10.21

6 years ... Well, he could already get tired and start to give voltage drawdowns. It is necessary to load the percent and video and look at the tension aide. Screenshot is desirable. Although ideally, of course, it would be necessary to use a multimeter ...

d

Well, actually, riding in the prime 95 prog for about an hour showed complete stability. Having raised the voltage in the BIOS, I got stability in GTA 5 by 60 fps, but for some reason, as soon as the police appear, it immediately drops to 55. And it doesn't matter whether the cops are nearby or not. And as soon as they disappear, then again 60 fps. But in Raindow six siege, playing the first round stably 60 fps (and no matter how long the round lasts 5,10,15 minutes. But as soon as the second round begins, 35-40 fps immediately ... delirium is shorter.

M
MunchkiN 616 15.10.21

Since there is a problem with ssd, most likely it goes to him
, I have a similar computer. current 16 GB as a 750 W unit for 7-8 years. current card is 2chip of the same generation. ssd no
friezes come only from the swap file and you need to wait for them for a long time. There is also a magician freeze when the shdd falls asleep and parks the head, he is not alone there.
if the motherboard is not on the x990 chipset, but on 970, then you may have few lines allocated for this card. those one express line x16 2.0 communicates with the north bridge at a speed of 5GB sec and the second is done across the floors and goes from the south bridge along with all sorts of yusb and ata.
so in this case the speed of the second video can be low and it can cause drawdowns and freezes when its memory is low.
I will advise pitching to screw in GTA 5 everything on the maxes except for anti-aliaziga and make the textures the lowest. 720p resolution.
install msi avterburner and the rvidia tuner interface that comes with it. display on the screen the loading of the GPU of the memory kernel and the controller of the GPU of memory, as well as the load of the CPU by cores.
you will see a prosid vidyuh with a low fps and a free processor. one vidyuha will not work or both are 60-70% - this is the low performance of the motherboard,
just as all these CPUs are somehow weak and hungry. I noticed that when the load on the cpu is weak, it takes off strongly in peaks, while one or 2 cards can rest on the cpu.
It is also worth testing in the same convenient zhta5 with the 1st video card in the computer at low resolutions to exclude dependence on the GPU. and establish the involvement of the motherboard mat or processor bandwidth.

d

Thank you very much for your help. The situation with GtA 5 was resolved for the better. 60fps at ultra settings for 1 hour of play ... which is strange, because at very high. textures need more video memory, and I have only 2 of them. Well .. apparently the GTA developers are eating their bread for a reason.
Prots stay stable at 4.5 GHz in overclocking. At runoff frequencies (3.5 GHz), the same GTA 5, at the same settings, shows 40-48 fps. The gain and stability are obvious.
But Rainbow Six simply does not work with the slide after the next update or something else ... when you launch it in Sli, the game simply cuts the frames in two.