3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Raskolnikov69 15.10.21 09:34 pm

Need help: gtx 960 and Full HD (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Hello! It will be a little difficult to explain the situation, you will excuse me, but I will try anyway.

The situation is this:

"A couple of days I bought a new monitor with a resolution of 1920x1080 22", before that it was 19 "1360x768. I went into the game, set a new resolution and, of course, my experienced FPS fell, if I used to play at high with almost stable 50 frames, and drawdowns in the busiest moments up to 30, then now it breaks the mark 33 ate spruce, not to mention the drawdowns (of course, I expected that the FPS should have dropped due to raising the resolution, but I watched different videos on youtube and this is not at all like my case).

I got on the Internet, they said I needed to update firewood. Demolished the graphics driver, put it on a new one, immediately went into the game and voila, stable 45 frames at the same high, jumping between 35-50, but I always set the block. at 30 and played calmly.

And then all the mysticism begins. After restarting the PC and entering the game, the game again began to give me no more than 30-35 frames, with drawdowns up to 20 (at the same high settings). So, I turned again, too, the case with the demolition of the graphic. drivers and if you immediately go into the game, then everything is okay (40 frames, drawdowns up to 33, everything is stable), but as soon as I restart the PC, everything is all over again. Groundhog day for my PC some ... "

I do not know how someone will understand it, even a mess in my head, but if someone understood something and can help, I will be grateful for any help. I hope I didn’t miss anything.

ps I beg you, write only on business, all the best!)

upd. Answer: alas, no methods helped, solved the problem of only updating Windows to 10, of course I didn't want to say goodbye to 7, but what you can't do for the sake of the Witcher. Many thanks to everyone!
30 Comments
Sort by:
t
totaya 15.10.21

it was on a laptop and an old pc also with geforse- with new firewood- did not reboot, everything is perfect, it was worth rebooting ... well, you get the idea. if you wanted to play, it took about 5 minutes of shamanism. I did not solve the problem, I climbed all the forums, the only thing I can advise is when you look at the archives of firewood on the site, try to choose the beta versions that are sharpened for a certain game - sometimes it saved when I played only one game, I scored on it now I play only on the PC, there already a video card from the red ...
ps I think to clean the registry, add the folder of firewood and games to the antivirus exceptions makes no sense?

d
dimakozhanov 15.10.21

And with other games as well or only with the Witcher?

i
iNosferatu 15.10.21

I have not encountered this, but try to configure the game in the NVIDIA control panel, maybe there are some settings that are set after installing the firewood, and after a reboot they are demolished? Did you put firewood from the Admin on a clean one? For optimization, turn off anti-aliasing, there is any blurring, in general, all the little things that will be minimally noticeable to your eye. I do not think that my advice will solve your problem, but the FPS should be raised at least, besides, your vidyuha is not quite weak.

i
iNosferatu 15.10.21

totaya
By the way, yes, it would not hurt to reboot the computer and clean the registry after deleting it, but about the antivirus xs, for the sake of performance, I refused for a long time).

s
solij 15.10.21

I understood your porridge). Do you have Geforce expirience? If so, then it's all about the Nvidia backend (or something like that). On the 900th series, there are functions related to the tablet shield and live broadcast from the graphic device to the twich. When installing, they simply do not offer to disable this function (but it loads decently). How to cut down xs, google. Personally, I just deleted expirience, because apart from updating the firewood, I don't need it, and even those can be downloaded from the site. Go to the task manager and in the processes look for, cut down, check the result.

t
totaya 15.10.21

solij
also agree, but it seems to me that the owners of green, that red video cards do not install / uninstall by default useless software such as expirience from green or Play.TV and some other ebala from red.
as an option, his resolution has changed - accordingly, the load on the GPU. respectively, more power consumption, I remember there is this item in the settings of the green, I don't remember what is indicated there, but in fact something like "non-economic energy consumption" is needed, stupidity, of course, but what if ...

t
totaya 15.10.21

GAMVIT
time holivar began, then brazenly proignoryu request ts and reply that the antivirus I have, but all the games and the desired bend / driver, are the exceptions. Unless he catches an advertising agent with Yandex click once a year and everything is, in fact, other "viruses", that is, elementary banner screensavers are usually found in the startup or user folder - I have already learned, although I have not seen it for 7 years)))

f
fomir 15.10.21

I advise you to check all the folders with the name of your driver, all the driver settings files and become the "owner" in the properties of each element, disable or "weaken" the antivirus protection (if any), lower the Windows UAC protection level ...
The problem lies in the inability to save the settings to the file due to lack of write permission. As if the changes are triggered, but they are kept in the RAM, but it is necessary that it be registered on the railway. Check the properties of the owner of the system drive.
The problem lies in the new files. Plus - does not fit to demolish the old Display driver! Not a video card, but a Display! Redefine the display in the vidyahi draver and screen settings in Windows, go through all the power supply profiles ... In general, you are not stupid, you can already see it, I think you will figure it out) I gave a hint)

R
Raskolnikov69 15.10.21

dimakozhanov
Also.

R
Raskolnikov69 15.10.21

Thank you for your help, I'll try everything, sign off on the result!)

D
Dmitry Romanovsky 15.10.21

Most likely the mode of operation of the card (balanced and high performance) is cut off. Dig into the settings and don't forget to save.

D
DAZZDRANAGON 15.10.21

TarantinoKV
I had this on the 364.72 driver ... When the overall FPS fell, I minimized the game for 10 seconds ... then you expand and all the rules ... I also did not find an explanation on the network. It always rolled back to 361.91, there were no glitches with it. Schia costs 368.22 ... everything is perfect in games! This crap disappeared after installing 365.10 ...!

J
Jc jensen 15.10.21

Well, everything is logical, the resolution increased, the phepes fell

s
snoopfrog 15.10.21

Sprintin
Don't lie here about 50 fps and hairvox at 960, it's probably only if you stand in the field and look at the sky, the owner of such a vidyuhi himself.

D
Danil Zotov 15.10.21

you can still reset the bios battery take off a friend's something after that the bios was dropped all the beginning will be saved as it should

S
Sprintin 15.10.21

snoopfrog
see no reason to lie! everything works ok, and again, it depends on the overall system)

w
warp 37 15.10.21

Between 1366x768 and 1920x1080 there is a 30% difference in performance. I hope you installed the driver with a clean reinstallation? And it's worth trying to roll back to the old version.

d
den_v_d 15.10.21

Danil Zotov is
nonsense. firstly, by disconnecting the battery, the bios cannot be reset, and secondly - the bios is where ??? We don't teach materiel, but we climb with our hands everywhere ...

S
Sprintin 15.10.21

write the whole confa.
TarantinoKV wrote:
50 frames, and drawdowns in the busiest moments up to 30,
if it was so at 1360x768, then in principle it is not surprising.

V
Vovanlavrov 15.10.21

my computer:

With full HD, everything is high, HairWorks is disabled .... gives FPS from 45-55 ...