3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MoulSoul 15.10.21 09:34 pm

Comparison of 2-core and 4-core processors.

In general, we were arguing with a friend. He says that 2 nuclear is better than 4 nuclear. Overall, I agree. My 2-core has a higher frequency. But damn it: Intel 5, which I want, has 2.8 GHz. I'm bad at computers, but then my brain started to flow. Due to the correct frequency distribution? Or just such a marketing ploy?
4 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kirill1998 15.10.21

MoulSoul
1-core is best

L
Len4ik00N 15.10.21

MoulSoul The
marketing move is 8-cores from AMD, but in general everything depends on the specific situation, for example: a modern 2-core percent. can easily be done by some 4-core 5-year-old, in which case, of course, it can be argued that 2-core is better than 4, but in most cases, especially when comparing processors of the same generation: the more cores, so the processor is more productive. The frequency, although it affects the performance, is not as strong as the number of cores. The exception is single-threaded applications: they perform faster operations on a processor with a higher clock speed than one with more cores, because only 1 core is used. A small note: you cannot directly compare Intel and AMD processors in terms of the number of cores.

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 15.10.21

MoulSoul
If we take the most modern i3 with a frequency of 3.6 GHz, for example, this is no longer a bad thing. But for comparison, such a turbo on 2 cores has an i5-4570, which will be good in games that actually load more than 2 cores (at least 3 cores at 2.4 billion cycles per second).

M
MunchkiN 616 15.10.21

overcame Th for 2 nuclear
2 nuclear percent died for me somewhere in 2007-8 when I realized that games rest against it.
if the story is about i3 and 5. i3 has virtual cores. this is half of i7. if you find a difficult task for 4 threads, then it will sit down, for its very threshing work, a high frequency is needed, as I understand it, it works on the fact that the cache is written slower than you can drive the calculations for the clock cycles of the adders. and5 the principle is devoid of this drawback. but in practice, the processor with a higher reference frequency will most likely bend at some point, and u3 will start to lag behind and u5 will be slightly faster at popcorn raised nitrogen frequencies.
but for modern games it is desirable to have not so much frequencies as streams, however. so that there are from 6 to 8 at least half. more is already a question. but for example i7 5960 often bends over a younger processor with a higher frequency, therefore games are able to work efficiently on 18 threads.