3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
AlexOlonin 15.10.21 09:35 pm

RAM problem. (Forza Motorsport 6)

Guys, maybe someone knows how to solve the problem with RAM? (without buying more planks). All requirements are suitable, except for the operational one (I have 4GB). I really want to play. Previously, it was rolling with games. Maybe there is some way to work around this check?
19 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 15.10.21

AlexOlonin wrote:
Maybe there is some way to bypass this check?
Well, let's say you bypass the check and what's next? If you need more than 4 GB to play with the OS, where will you get the missing one from the swap file? HDD is much slower than RAM.
Do not suffer from nonsense and buy yourself another 4 GB of RAM (the same as you have now installed) - if you want to play new games with modern graphics, 4 GB is not enough ...

A
AlexOlonin 15.10.21

Crap. I walked around, but after the inscription of the initial race in Rio, the game crashes. Hit Page Up and then go out and ride

S
SonyK_2 15.10.21

AlexOlonin
Put the swap file on the fastest disk in the system, making it 1.5 - 2 times the amount of RAM. Perhaps it will help, but sooner or later you will "run into" the lack of RAM - save money to upgrade the RAM, it will not "run" for an infinitely long time ...

A
AlexOlonin 15.10.21

SonyK.
And with departure, what to do?

S
SonyK_2 15.10.21

AlexOlonin
A window with an error appears after the crash ? - if yes, show the expanded screenshot, crashes may not only be due to RAM ...

A
AlexOlonin 15.10.21

SonyK.
then I start the game, a warning pops up that the system is weaker (in terms of RAM) minimum and there may be lags. Loading ... The message "You are now driving a Ford GT in Rio de Janeiro" appears. After this inscription, there is a download a little bit and crashes. Without any windows. Now I'll check it again

A
AlexOlonin 15.10.21

SonyK.
After that, it takes off

A
AlexOlonin 15.10.21

A
AlexOlonin 15.10.21

SonyK.
Now, after creating a swap, the game just freezes at this point

S
SonyK_2 15.10.21

AlexOlonin
Graphics settings can be changed manually before starting the race?
If so, go to the menu and put everything on the minimum wage. If after that it works without crashes - slowly increase the settings until it crashes again.
after creating a swap, the game just hangs at this point.
I warned that it loads slower from disk than from RAM - the swap file cannot fully replace the RAM, especially in "heavy" applications and games.

A
AlexOlonin 15.10.21

SonyK.
I can't even go to the menu. I start the game, this is the initial race. After it, only the menu can be exited

S
SonyK_2 15.10.21

AlexOlonin
During the race, can I pause and go to the settings menu?

A
AlexOlonin 15.10.21

SonyK.
And the race itself doesn't start. Here's the first launch of the game. Like a learning race. The map didn't even load. Departure or hang

A
AlexOlonin 15.10.21

SonyK.
Here I changed the screen resolution in Windows, the game advanced further, a car appeared and a crash

S
SonyK_2 15.10.21

AlexOlonin
If I'm not mistaken - now this is not a full-fledged game (release), but a BETA version, is that so?
If yes, it is intended for testing (catching bugs) and there may be any glitches in it - perhaps you caught one of them ...

changed the screen resolution in Windows, the game advanced further
Try to set the minimum that is in the game - with a decrease permissions, the load on the system is also reduced.

A
AlexOlonin 15.10.21

SonyK.
I generally run it with a bug :)

S
SonyK_2 15.10.21

AlexOlonin
If you haven’t understood yet, this is not a game yet, but the most natural bug that can be fixed and fixed. Perhaps until they release it and are overgrown with patches, improvements in drivers, etc., you will not be able to play normally. Although it's not a fact that after the release it will be better ...

A
AlexOlonin 15.10.21

SonyK.
Got it, got it

W
WWQ 15.10.21

AlexOlonin
now needs at least 6 GB, optimally 8-12, ideally 16+