3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Siro Anthon 15.10.21 09:35 pm

Laptops with dropsy (CBO). Lived.

Comrades admins! It seems to me that it's time for you to create a separate sub-forum "Laptops", there are already a lot of topics about them ... I'm talking about them too. Stumbled upon http://www.pcworld.com/article/2984573/components/nvidia-hits-gaming-milestone-true-desktop-performance-in-a-laptop-with-geforce-gtx-980.html?page=2 on beech asus GX700Vo with 980th "desktop" graphics and dropsy, I was impressed. And how is such a device from the point of view of gamers? would you take?
81 Comments
Sort by:
R
Raykor 15.10.21

A really cool laptop, I think that in terms of performance it will be in no way inferior to a gaming PC, at least a video card, and I think that due to the presence of dropsy, systems can be overclocked to increase performance

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 15.10.21

980-th "desktop" graphics and dropsy
With non-desktop dimensions of the case, any cooling system for such a video will be buzzing. Unless you attach an external ice tray.

M
MunchkiN 616 15.10.21

it would be better to close up a normal radial fan and an evaporation chamber over the entire width of the laptop so that it blows like long cool video cards.
and so stupid it will probably be expensive. and the power falls short of 780 ahahaha

-
-SK.art- 15.10.21

Siro Anthon
Comrades administrators! It seems to me that it's time for you to create a separate sub-forum "Laptops", there are already a lot of topics about them ...

yes, recently a request was made to the appropriate authorities. Soon there will be a separate sub-forum "Laptops". :)

S
SeFeRus 15.10.21

Raykor
It is unlikely to be overclocked. Its regular CBO is definitely not for overclocking.
Another question is what is the interface between the video card and the motherboard? on what bus will it be ?? Wouldn't this be a bottleneck?

R
Raykor 15.10.21

SeFeRus
It will turn out to be overclocked when this external dropsy is connected, it is actually intended for this. And without it, of course, you will not overclock anything without harm to the laptop.

m
maxzeva 15.10.21

You will not overclock anything at all, moreover, without dropsy, the same 980th will work at the level of 980m. This must be understood.

R
RicoChico 15.10.21

And how is such a device from the point of view of gamers? would you take?
Of course not. ASUS cannot fit into a thin, lightweight body.

a
astridy 15.10.21

Why do you still need to overclock? After all, the laptop already has top-end hardware, which, theoretically, should produce outrageous indicators of the level of work)

S
SeFeRus 15.10.21

maxzeva
says everything correctly. Since high productivity is fraught with the release of high heat capacity of the process. This heat will have to be dissipated. Within the TDP, 45-50W can be dissipated within a standard laptop case. But something more, the manufacturer will have to figure it out. it's not about overclocking, it's about performance.

m
maxzeva 15.10.21

RicoChiko This is not only to treat asus, so everyone, but it somehow does not stop people from buying such gaming laptops. Everyone is happy with everything.

L
Lisstoman 15.10.21

No, but it should be light and compact, and there is a full-fledged PC for games.

R
Raykor 15.10.21

Yeah, so carry your PC everywhere, since the laptop is quite mobile and if you are often or for a long time on the road, then it is much easier for you to take a gaming laptop with you than to drag a gaming PC with a Monica and other devices!

m
maxzeva 15.10.21

If you find fault with it, then our topic here is not a dispute about which is better? PC or laptop? So let's leave this pointless argument and talk a little about where we started?

a
astridy 15.10.21

Lisstoman It depends
on what purpose to use. If, suppose, you are on frequent trips and transfers, then it is not possible to carry a hospital with you.

m
maxzeva 15.10.21

astridy Well, I asked to leave this topic. And now, out of principle, I'll minus the posts! Water cooling cannot be carried far, this is a fact. It is better to leave it at home, and take the laptop.

S
SeFeRus 15.10.21

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/ROG-GX700VO/
I'm still waiting for tests of this miracle. In particular, what about the temperature, and how the performance indicators differ from the usual desktop video card.

R
Raykor 15.10.21

As far as we know, this laptop will go on sale soon, test copies were also sent out for testing it, so good reviews on this laptop should appear in the near future.

B
Borovik-rus 15.10.21

I would take this
http://www.asus.com/ru/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG_G20AJ/

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 15.10.21

Borovik-rus
First they write about the GTX 980, then about something else. That the percentage of 4770 is clear. No other data is visible.